A Big Thank You!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 136
Forum Member
As some of you may recall I posted here a year ago. At that time I had lost my home, job and partner of 11 years.

We are almost a year on and I have lost 12 stone of weight (I was also morbidly obese) and I have a job, home and a brand spanking new (we aren't labelling it yet!) guy in my life...

The kindness you all extended me during those dark days will never be forgotten so thank you all.

Comments

• LondonCityGirl_LondonCityGirl_ Posts: 109
    Forum Member
    I don't remember the thread but I think it's awesome of you to post up an update and I'm so pleased you've turned your life around in such a short time. Congrats! You're an inspiration!
  • abs2512abs2512 Posts: 611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you for posting, I also don't remember the thread, but I'm so glad things have worked out for you.

Hope you don't think I'm being nosey but how did you lose all that weight?
  • SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am glad your fortunes have changed, Merry Christmas and a happy new year to you and yours.
  • Poppy99_PoppyPoppy99_Poppy Posts: 2,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fantastic and motivational. You can turn your life around even when you are faced with the most tremendous challenges. Happy Christmas - your Happy New Year is already sorted!
  • mrsmoosemrsmoose Posts: 2,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fantastic :-) here's to a brighter 2015!
  • AvidianAvidian Posts: 6,049
    Forum Member
    As some of you may recall I posted here a year ago. At that time I had lost my home, job and partner of 11 years.

We are almost a year on and I have lost 12 stone of weight (I was also morbidly obese) and I have a job, home and a brand spanking new (we aren't labelling it yet!) guy in my life...

The kindness you all extended me during those dark days will never be forgotten so thank you all.
    I hope you and the brand spanking new (we aren't labelling it yet!) guy in your life have a wonderful Winterval and brilliant 2015 :D
  • goonernataliegoonernatalie Posts: 4,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Super news
    Merry Christmas and happy 2015 to your guy and you
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What a wonderful post. You sound like fantastic person and you have inspired me to make a New Year`s resolution for the first time in my life to lose 2 stones in weight in the coming months. All the best for 2015 :D
  • CaptainObvious_CaptainObvious_ Posts: 3,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's great to hear :) hopefully 2015 will be even better for you both
  • WolfsheadishWolfsheadish Posts: 10,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Congratulations! Thank you for sharing such good news with us :)
  • fondantfancyfondantfancy Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's lovely when there's some feedback.

I'm sure I wasn't a helper on your thread but it's still great to hear your news.

All the best!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 136
    Forum Member
    Thanks guys and gals!

I did try to find the thread but I can't figure out the functions on here to be able to do it?

It would have been around January 22nd this year.

I went to therapy and used MyfitnessPal for those of you asking about the weight loss.

I have attached some photos.

IMG_0681_zps0668d1af.jpg

IMG_0677_zps022af441.jpg

IMG_0662_zpsdf7d0626.jpg

bzZbbHvZA1J7Qx5a7vmkHkWxuxLm3vp29bZapvCrH24_zps6628add8.jpg
  • abs2512abs2512 Posts: 611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks guys and gals!

I did try to find the thread but I can't figure out the functions on here to be able to do it?

I went to therapy and used MyfitnessPal for those of you asking about the weight loss.

IMG_0681_zps0668d1af.jpg

IMG_0677_zps022af441.jpg

IMG_0662_zpsdf7d0626.jpg

You look amazing - well done you, you should be very very proud of what you have acheived.
    Have a very happy Xmas and an equally happy new year.
    *goes off to search My fitness pal*.
  • MartinPickeringMartinPickering Posts: 3,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks guys and gals!

Click on your name and select "Find more posts by Jeremy Griffith".

Here's the thread:-
    http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1934249
  • mourinhosmissusmourinhosmissus Posts: 5,593
    Forum Member
    Thanks guys and gals!

IMG_0681_zps0668d1af.jpg

IMG_0677_zps022af441.jpg

IMG_0662_zpsdf7d0626.jpg

Wow! That is just brilliant. Congratulations on that amazing weight loss and all the very best for your future.
  • 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What an amazing thread. Well done you!!!! :D Fantastic!!!
  • Aarghawasp!Aarghawasp! Posts: 6,205
    Forum Member
    How lovely to hear an update. Well done you, that's a fantastic achievement!
  • mrsgrumpy49mrsgrumpy49 Posts: 10,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So good to hear something positive and upbeat - hopefully giving hope to others going through difficult times. Well done and Happy Christmas!
  • Nesta RobbinsNesta Robbins Posts: 30,817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Jeremy I do remember your thread, now I've seen it again - you wrote in a moving yet quite poetic style, such as "tonight I weep" and you just sounded so sad. It's phenominal what you've achieved in 11 months and you sound so uplifted and happy. Did you find that as you began to lose your weight, your self-esteem improved and other things fell into place, so you no longer felt such despair? Perhaps it was a combination of that and therapy. An inspirational story for anyone who's feeling sad and hopeless. Well done for all your hard work in turning things around. Happy Christmas. :)
  • cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a fantastic positive thread, nice one Jeremy!
  • bostin_austinbostin_austin Posts: 810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    WOW! Just WOW! You look absolutely fabulous! Well done! Really thrilled for you. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas. x
  • gregrichardsgregrichards Posts: 4,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done Jeremy it gives us all hope to improve things in our own life & Merry Christmas to you.
  • goonernataliegoonernatalie Posts: 4,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amazing well done
  • Poppy99_PoppyPoppy99_Poppy Posts: 2,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You have done amazingly well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is a lovely happy thread, well done you and merry Xmas x