National 5 bankrupting Scottish schools

stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,563
Forum Member
✭✭
Recently I've started my highers but one of my subjects have been unable to provide paper and we have to buy our own as they have spent all their budget last year on new textbooks for National 5. I wondered if any other Scottish schools are suffering financial problems due to National 5's.

Comments

• Chris FrostChris Frost Posts: 11,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stv viewer wrote: »
    Recently I've started my highers but one of my subjects have been unable to provide paper and we have to buy our own as they have spent all their budget last year on new textbooks for National 5. I wondered if any other Scottish schools are suffering financial problems due to National 5s.
    I take it English wasn't one of your subjects before embarking on your National 5s? ;-)

Let's hope that the course with the budget problems isn't Economics. That would be embarrassing, wouldn't it :D
  • Heston VestonHeston Veston Posts: 6,495
    Forum Member
    Recently Ive started my highers but one of my subjects have been unable to provide paper and we have to buy are own as they have spent all there budget last year on new textbooks for national 5. I wondered if any other scottish schools are suffering fiancial problems due to national 5's.

I take it English isn't one of your subjects?
  • stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Posted twice
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was typing on my phone
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was typing on my phone
    ...and my dog ate my homework
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was wanting to know other people's experiences
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How can someone from Cheshire comment on Scottish schools
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love how people never reply on DS when they know they are wrong
  • Heston VestonHeston Veston Posts: 6,495
    Forum Member
    Show us some proof of your allegations and we might be bothered to take them seriously. By the way, my wife's a teacher and has no knowledge of any such events.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My school bought the nat 5 textbooks before the nat 5 exam then on Tuesday in our 2nd period of Higher we were informed that due to the department spending all their budget on the textbooks we are having to buy are own pads of paper which in previous years the department provided. I hope you understand that I cant tell you my school or which department as I need to keep this information confidential for my own sake.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is your wife a teacher in the scottish school system
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How can someone from Cheshire comment on Scottish schools

i) you do realise that this isn't a forum exclusively populated by users from Scotland, don't you?

ii) and I don't recall you saying that no-one outside of Scotland couldn't reply

iii) do you really believe that where someone lives should exclude them from having an opinion on an issue?

For example, do you have no thoughts on global warming, or the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, or fracking, European recession, oil spillages and nuclear accidents, the tension in the Ukraine, human rights abuses, world Government's attempts to control your internet access and their spying on emails etc etc?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My school bought the nat 5 textbooks before the nat 5 exam then on Tuesday in our 2nd period of Higher we were informed that due to the department spending all their budget on the textbooks we are having to buy are own pads of paper which in previous years the department provided. I hope you understand that I cant tell you my school or which department as I need to keep this information confidential for my own sake.

Welcome to the real world. Suck it up, because when you leave the cosy confines of our education system then things get a whole lot more complicated than having to shell out a fiver for some writing paper.

Oh, and for the second time, the word is "our" as in belonging to us.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1. Yes I realise that this isn't a Scotland only forum.
    2. Your right but the forum has Scottish schools in the title.
    3.There a big difference between the Scottish education system and the English education system

All your examples are things of world wide concern I don't think anyone outside Scotland really cares about scottish schools
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I m against independence. I think it's a terrible idea
  • 3Sheets2TheWind3Sheets2TheWind Posts: 3,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was typing on my phone

That is no excuse.
    1. Yes I realise that this isn't a Scotland only forum.
    2. Your right but the forum has Scottish schools in the title.
    3.There a big difference between the Scottish education system and the English education system

All your examples are things of world wide concern I don't think anyone outside Scotland really cares about scottish schools

You're - means you are.

Your just means your.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know what you mean Chris Frost but schools in the UK are meant to provide things like paper etc.
    I also know that in Uni you need to but your own equipment.

This is not a spelling and punctuation forum its for lots of different topics
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a bizarre series of responses to the OPs question.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you Tassium no one has answered my question
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You are posting about education, so expect comments on your appalling punctuation and grammar.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Im a student not a teacher
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Im considering changing the title to let's diss stv viewer's punctuation
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im a student not a teacher

I am, not im.

It doesn't matter if you are a student and not a teacher.

if you want to be taken seriously on a topic about education, then try and come across as educated.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can not believe this