Options

Corrie: Faye pregnancy storyline

worrierprincessworrierprincess Posts: 475
Forum Member
What happened to this? I thought it was revealed ages ago this was going to happen yet no signs of it yet. I really hope they've shelved this ridiculous plot.

Comments

• Options
    Lucy LouLucy Lou Posts: 8,574
    Forum Member
    What happened to this? I thought it was revealed ages ago this was going to happen yet no signs of it yet. I really hope they've shelved this ridiculous plot.

Ssshh! :o

If we keep quiet about it on here maybe TPTB will forget all about it :D
  • Options
    worrierprincessworrierprincess Posts: 475
    Forum Member
    Lucy Lou wrote: »

So it's still going ahead? I was just wondering because when it was announced there was quite a big furore about it but not heard anything since!
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I get the feeling she may give birth all of a sudden (as opposed to us being treated to the usual scenes of a woman in a bathroom looking pensively at the pregnancy test) and everything will be explained from then.

We've seen a few scenes of her with Craig recently, so maybe they've already done the dirty deed and Faye is already pregnant.
  • Options
    grazemytvaddictgrazemytvaddict Posts: 4,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We've nearly had more threads on this than about who killed Lucy. I'm hoping it's not going ahead especially with the hollyoaks teen one coming up as well but that's really unlikely. Tina's exit was announced nearly a year before she left and we didn't even know the storyline so we will probably find out she is pregnant soon.
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
  • Options
    Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lucy Lou wrote: »

A forlorn hope. LucyLou, with this producer. A distasteful story, and played by a girl with nil talent; the 'actress' playing Faye is embarrassing to watch and it is a mystery how she got past the audition.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    This was written back in August and says later in the year, so wonder is she pregnant now, or is it gonna be happening soon ? http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2014-08-20/coronation-street-spoilers-faye-pregnancy-plot-is-a-massive-responsibility-says-show-boss
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it's going ahead Blackburn confirmed it
  • Options
    attitude99attitude99 Posts: 14,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I get the feeling she may give birth all of a sudden (as opposed to us being treated to the usual scenes of a woman in a bathroom looking pensively at the pregnancy test) and everything will be explained from then.

We've seen a few scenes of her with Craig recently, so maybe they've already done the dirty deed and Faye is already pregnant.

That's how it will probably happen, like Sonia in EE did expect the viewers knew when she had had sex.
  • Options
    QueequegQueequeg Posts: 154
    Forum Member
    A forlorn hope. LucyLou, with this producer. A distasteful story, and played by a girl with nil talent; the 'actress' playing Faye is embarrassing to watch and it is a mystery how she got past the audition.

I don't think I've seen such a bad actress in a very long time. Surely there are more talented youngsters who could have taken this role? She's not even a likeable kid, will anyone care if she's pregnant? Apart from Anna?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    so i take it, it be left to Anna ( and Faye herself) to care for this baby then, as Owen ., Katy are going..With the help of Gary and Izzy too..Maybe Craig gets his mum Beth to help babysit :D
  • Options
    ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

BIB Yes, if they've not scrapped the SL, I think she might suddenly develop stomach pains and plop! ;-)

I don't think I could survive Faye and hours of labour and judging by her acting neither could she! She's one Corrie character I would hate to see 'acting' labour and birth. I hope Sophie Foghorn Webster never gets preggers! Bleeding ears anyone? :o:o:o
  • Options
    MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member
    It's a secret pregnancy. It probably won't be referred to on screen until it happens.
  • Options
    Irma BuntIrma Bunt Posts: 1,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Do you ever stop to think how a young actress herself might feel reading such a post? Or her parents?
  • Options
    jxbrennajxbrenna Posts: 977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MrJames wrote: »
    It's a secret pregnancy. It probably won't be referred to on screen until it happens.

so Anna and Owen just mention one day "oh Faye seems have to have out weight on" and then eventually one day she just comes walking down into the house with a newborn :D
  • Options
    blackcat1blackcat1 Posts: 281
    Forum Member
    Oh god I am so NOT looking forward to this awful storyline.
  • Options
    Pat_PhelanPat_Phelan Posts: 31
    Forum Member

Well, her cousin is Brooke Vincent, who plays Sophie Webster. IIRC, according to her it was a complete coincidence that Ellie (Faye) got the part, though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Irma Bunt wrote: »
    Do you ever stop to think how a young actress herself might feel reading such a post? Or her parents?
    This is a forum where we discuss soaps and the actors in them, Irma. We give credit to actors who are very good, and give an opinion on those who we think lack the talent to be there. The young actor playing Craig is a natural, and the girl playing Amy is improving all the time. Even the very small boys playing LIam and Joseph are watchable. But it was obvious, when the girl playing Faye first arrived, that she was lacking in acting ability and she has not improved. To give her the forthcoming distasteful storyline was a foolish decision on somebody's part.
  • Options
    Soapster1Soapster1 Posts: 1,956
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the lines the storyline and direction is important. We saw the brilliant Sue Johnson be awful on Corrie as Gloria. Because the part was rubbish. Those kids get damn all direction during the shoots, so those actors need to get more drama classes outside.So sometimes it is the wrong part at the wrong time for an actor. I am not watching if they go ahead with the Faye pregnancy. We should have a Do Not Watch campaign for those nights. Better still campaign the main sponsor of Corrie...
  • Options
    Soapster1Soapster1 Posts: 1,956
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My reasons for being against the storyline is that it grossly unfair to 12yr olds and young teens. It fosters the belief that this group are engaging in sex as a common occurence and that sends the wrong message. Especially those who seek to take advantage of younger people and look for reasons why that is acceptable. A soap using children to get higher ratings is not on.
  • Options
    wallo mr slugwallo mr slug Posts: 9,734
    Forum Member
    The storyline is most definitely going ahead; starts early next year.
  • Options
    kwynne42kwynne42 Posts: 75,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Then why mention it was happening many months ago, Corrie always does this mention stories long before they happen so by the time they eventually happen you presume you have seen it already, no wonder everyone thinks Corrie is boring.
  • Options
    newyorkcitygirlnewyorkcitygirl Posts: 558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

With the continuing fall in ratings, practically zero interesting storylines, the fallout and inevitable backlash from this could see the end for this show.
  • Options
    jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Irma Bunt wrote: »

Surely when you apply for a job which is going to put you in the public eye, that's a chance you take. Especially in the field of drama, whether it's the biggest TV soap, or a one-off at the local amateur dramatics club.
    Soapster1 wrote: »
    My reasons for being against the storyline is that it grossly unfair to 12yr olds and young teens. It fosters the belief that this group are engaging in sex as a common occurence and that sends the wrong message...............

I agree, totally the wrong message. I'm sure it'll also make it look as though it's the simplest thing in the world for a schoolgirl to bring up a baby. Within a month of its birth, it'll be as though the baby wasn't there at all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Soapster1 wrote: »
    My reasons for being against the storyline is that it grossly unfair to 12yr olds and young teens. It fosters the belief that this group are engaging in sex as a common occurence and that sends the wrong message. Especially those who seek to take advantage of younger people and look for reasons why that is acceptable. A soap using children to get higher ratings is not on.
    I like this post, Soapster1.