Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There, I think you all have your zoom sorted :D
  • jackyo55jackyo55 Posts: 19,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    muggins14 wrote: »
    There, I think you all have your zoom sorted :D

thanks for every bodies help tried everything and it is much better, little bit of everything does you good:)
  • muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jackyo55 wrote: »
    thanks for every bodies help tried everything and it is much better, little bit of everything does you good:)

Always happy to help if I can :) I think Kay thinks I'm more technically minded than I am lol but I have picked up a few things :D

The Ctrl/mouse one doesn't work on some things, but as Heidi said there's always zoom and LIsa mentioned changing the screen resolution, which is also good, but it can change how much memory your PC uses and affect some other things on the computer.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Morning all
    Ali, did I really see that you sit 5 ft away from your screen :eek: Or was that a misreading because my eyes are bad? Perhaps you meant your tv because you'd need awfully long arms to use the computer :p

I've tried various things with my laptop - zooming, brightness. PC is fine at home and at work because it's set up right and I sit on a proper chair. Laptop is on my lap, sat on the settee, probably focusing at all the wrong angles, and also when I'm tired at the end of the day. But like Ali, I am blessed in that I don't get headaches - yet! I just find myself squinting at the laptop screen with my better eye, not so good eye closed, thus putting loads more strain on my good eye. :eek: Silly me. :o Not having it at all for a couple of weeks was actually the best medicine :(

Eileen
    Maybe with you, the doctor is just trying to find out what's causing it. But stopping you doing all those things seems a bit drastic.:eek:

Hope it's getting better. If it is because of the computer, we're going to have to put you on computer watch:p and make sure you only spend a little time on here. Quality, my love, not quantity :)

Please PM with your number, then at least we can have a chat and I can keep a check on you on behalf of everybody.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kfb wrote: »
    Morning all
    Ali, did I really see that you sit 5 ft away from your screen :eek: Or was that a misreading because my eyes are bad? Perhaps you meant your tv because you'd need awfully long arms to use the computer :p

I've tried various things with my laptop - zooming, brightness. PC is fine at home and at work because it's set up right and I sit on a proper chair. Laptop is on my lap, sat on the settee, probably focusing at all the wrong angles, and also when I'm tired at the end of the day. But like Ali, I am blessed in that I don't get headaches - yet! I just find myself squinting at the laptop screen with my better eye, not so good eye closed, thus putting loads more strain on my good eye. :eek: Silly me. Not having it at all for a couple of weeks was actually the best medicine :(

Eileen
    Maybe with you, the doctor is just trying to find out what's causing it. But stopping you doing all those things seems a bit drastic.:eek:

Hope it's getting better. If it is because of the computer, we're going to have to put you on computer watch:p and make sure you only spend a little time on here. Quality, my love, not quantity :)

Please PM with your number, then at least we can have a chat and I can keep a check on you on behalf of everybody.:)

Hahahaha yes I sit in the loo and have a hole in the wall where I can see my PC in the living-room :D

1.5 feet Kay lol, in fact I'm 2ft away from the screen right now, which is right at the back of the desk and I'm on a pull-out part of the computer desk :D leaning back in my chair. Just measured it, it's 2ft.

edit: it is quite a big screen though, size of a small TV
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 179
    Forum Member
    Muggins....I've joined!!!!
    Not sure what you're going to do with this information but thought I'd let you know (aware you might be thinking, who the heck is she!);)

Excuse my manners. Good morning to you all. I've been a lurker since the start of time on another thread so thought I'd pop in and say hi.

You have all eliminated any moments of boredom I've had over the last year and a half with all your chats - thank you.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    charleenlb wrote: »
    Not sure what you're going to do with this information but thought I'd let you know (aware you might be thinking, who the heck is she!);)

Excuse my manners. Good morning to you all. I've been a lurker since the start of time on another thread so thought I'd pop in and say hi.

You have all eliminated any moments of boredom I've had over the last year and a half with all your chats - thank you.

Well hello there :) You found us lol.. good :) It's often quiet at this time of day but I'm generally around :D

What made you join after all this time lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 179
    Forum Member
    Well hello there :) You found us lol.. good :) It's often quiet at this time of day but I'm generally around :D

What made you join after all this time lol

I sure did. I won't be around this time usually.
    Have always felt a bit guilty lurking/stalking other people's conversations. Although in my defence I generally make myself known to people on twitter. Now I can lurk without the guilt and may even join in once in a while, if you all don't mind.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have always felt a bit guilty lurking/stalking other people's conversations. Although in my defence I generally make myself known to people on twitter. Now I can lurk without the guilt and may even join in once in a while, if you all don't mind.

Of course we don't mind, it's always great to have more people to chat to and join in :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Hahahaha yes I sit in the loo and have a hole in the wall where I can see my PC in the living-room :D

1.5 feet Kay lol, in fact I'm 2ft away from the screen right now, which is right at the back of the desk and I'm on a pull-out part of the computer desk :D leaning back in my chair. Just measured it, it's 2ft.

edit: it is quite a big screen though, size of a small TV

That picture is now stuck in my mind:eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member

Hi & welcome to the thread Charleen - I am sure Kay will be around shortly to give you your induction - enjoy:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Deeferone wrote: »
    Hi & welcome to the thread Charleen - I am sure Kay will be around shortly to give you your induction - enjoy:D

Hope you handed Charleen her straight jacket when you got in Angie :D

Got to go and get Laura now, talk soon :) x
  • nathalie1978nathalie1978 Posts: 10,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Welcome :) whoever you are:D you do know this that after you joined DS your life will never be the same :cool: or your bodyclock;)
  • SupportSupport Posts: 70,738
    Administrator
    This thread is continued here: The Sanatorium (Part 5)
This discussion has been closed.