Options

The Alexandra Burke Appreciation Thread (Part 8)

Comments

• Options
    JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    djc_22 wrote: »
    Alex #50
    Lawson #51

:eek: she jumped practically 24 places in the space of what 10 minutes? :D
  • Options
    djc_22djc_22 Posts: 1,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JustArun wrote: »
    :eek: she jumped practically 24 places in the space of what 10 minutes? :D

On itunes it's at #72 but here she's on #50 :confused:

http://livepopbars.com/lpb1024.php?Region=143449&Chart=34
  • Options
    djc_22djc_22 Posts: 1,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's under performing at the moment :( I was expecting it to be much higher than this so far.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    On itunes it's at #72 but here she's on #50 :confused:

http://livepopbars.com/lpb1024.php?Region=143449&Chart=34

:( so confused
  • Options
    ICON111ICON111 Posts: 3,441
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow Let It Go is really under-performing in Ireland. :( Thought it would be top ten on their iTunes by now.
  • Options
    iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    It's under performing at the moment :( I was expecting it to be much higher than this so far.

It's only day 1 and she has no airplay compared to others.
  • Options
    ICON111ICON111 Posts: 3,441
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iseloid wrote: »
    It's only day 1 and she has no airplay compared to others.

Elephant was already top ten at this point and she has no promo coming for it... Looks like it will be her lowest charting single there. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It's at #52 guys. I checked my itunes and cliked on ireland.
  • Options
    Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LIG has dropped slightly to #52 while Lawson have climbed to #49.....

When does her Donegal concert start? She's headlining that event today so she should see a spike in downloads following the performance hopefully...
  • Options
    ShoedShoed Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    I always said I preferred Elephant but y'all guys said LIG is her best.

I love LIG but it is abit samey as majority of the 'dance tracks' out there... I think Elephant had something different for a dance track and now I've had both tracks out for like a few months now I still listen to Elephant more

LIG is great but it is samey
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Shoed wrote: »

I love LIG but it is abit samey as majority of the 'dance tracks' out there... I think Elephant had something different for a dance track and now I've had both tracks out for like a few months now I still listen to Elephant more

Domino. Where Have You Been. Hold It Against Me.
    1st word: AIRPLAY. 2nd word: Capital. 3rd word: Suck...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 275
    Forum Member

Actually, when it first came out you said you preferred Let It Go ;) But of course, opinions change over time. I'm still loving Let It Go, but I have tried to not overplay it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Actually, when it first came out you said you preferred Let It Go ;) But of course, opinions change over time. I'm still loving Let It Go, but I have tried to not overplay it.

I preferred LIG for a week because it was fresh and new I guess, if you look through the threads you'll actually see I said I play Elephant more then LIG still

Elephant has something different/edgy about it IMO

I like LIG, but the whole promo thing has been awful for it... Elephant had a good promo campaign.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AB has overtaken Lawson now....she's at #50....they are at #51
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Zack06 wrote: »
    AB has overtaken Lawson now....she's at #50....they are at #51

#50 at this time is worrying :cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    #50 at this time is worrying :cry:

She still has her concert.....but the airplay situation in Ireland is far worse than the UK.....was she snubbed over there too? :confused:

I reckon things might pick up after the concert today and when more people get home....it's really nice weather so people won't be at home to download so much until later.....that's probably why the top 10 hasn't changed yet...there's still time for her (and other songs) to climb yet.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Back down to #52.....this is going to be a rocky ride...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Alex needs to re-focus again. HOH is a good album but people aren't liking dance, which is the issue and she's a soul singer too. Who blazed a singing competition. I think people want vocals from her. And she should give them it. Uptempos that are built around her voice, Get Me Bodied/Freakum Dress as examples. I pray they do this for Alex.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Alex could release anything and she'd still be criticized...
    The album sounds really good from snippets but ye, she kinda jumped on the bandwagon with the whole 'dance theme' abit late but still never the less, dance is still a really popular genre...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alex could release anything and she'd still be criticized...
    The album sounds really good from snippets but ye, she kinda jumped on the bandwagon with the whole 'dance theme' abit late but still never the less, dance is still a really popular genre...

What else could she have done though? If she went to ballads/R&B it wouldn't have sold and people would have labelled her boring etc...

I do think she needs to be smarter in who she works with though...I think she should look to the DJs....I'd love her to work with Calvin Harris, DJ Fresh, David Guetta etc....because the uptempos they do are really high quality and more distinctive....

Alex was headed along the right path imo and this album is strong, but I think the promo/management is more to blame here than the song. Any rubbish can sell well so long as it's managed and promoted well, and this is what Alexandra has been severely lacking in this whole era, and it's concerning.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Zack06 wrote: »
    What else could she have done though? If she went to ballads/R&B it wouldn't have sold and people would have labelled her boring etc...

I do think she needs to be smarter in who she works with though...I think she should look to the DJs....I'd love her to work with Calvin Harris, DJ Fresh, David Guetta etc....because the uptempos they do are really high quality and more distinctive....

Alex was headed along the right path imo and this album is strong, but I think the promo/management is more to blame here than the song. Any rubbish can sell well so long as it's managed and promoted well, and this is what Alexandra has been severely lacking in this whole era, and it's concerning.

Have Overcome but better. Great songs and even the filler tracks had something good in em. She's a pure vocalist with moves. She needs something to get non fans involved and dance is not it. Oh and I think she's snubbed in Ireland too. Maybe it is just the music. And they're not here for it. I'd actually like a 21 from her. Just her, pen, paper, pianos, horns and violins. The elephant acoustic slayed my ancestors :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    And judging from the YT comments, they preferred the acoustic of Elephant to the autotune version. If she'd got airplay, she'd have sold. People like her, but she needs to really re-assess or they'll really kill her.
  • Options
    soulmusicsoulmusic Posts: 2,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good luck Alex, I am rooting for you. Haters will always hate, but no one can take away from Alex her incredible soulful voice.
    If I am honest, I prefer more ballads and not all dance tracks, but Alex can't please everyone, and I am sure all her fans have a different idea of what they want to hear.
    Would love her to get success in US - I am sure this will happen before too long.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    soulmusic wrote: »
    Good luck Alex, I am rooting for you. Haters will always hate, but no one can take away from Alex her incredible soulful voice.
    If I am honest, I prefer more ballads and not all dance tracks, but Alex can't please everyone, and I am sure all her fans have a different idea of what they want to hear.
    Would love her to get success in US - I am sure this will happen before too long.

• Options
    Forum Member
    omg 15 second clip of Alex performing...slayed and she looks HOT.
This discussion has been closed.