XF: UK vs US vs OZ | Series 2 | Live Show 3

Comments

• yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,527
    Forum Member
    Christina Parie
    I think out of the girls you're the one that has shown to be the most versatility and given a more diverse set of songs. I thought that was a good performance from you, however unlike the previous two performances I wasn't wowed by it - your vocals were amazing and I understand that you have to show different sides to yourself as a performer but I felt slightly underwhelmed. I liked the striped back nature of the performance however wanted a lot more power in the chorus' and a bit more of a build up towards the end as it felt like you were holding back. You did a good job, but I wanted more from the arrangement it felt a little too striped back. However I think you're an amazing act and i'd be amazed if you were in trouble tonight.
  • SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Christina my rock girl, for the past two shows, we had two up-tempo performances so for this theme, I took a risk by giving you this cover cause it suited your voice to a tee. It was a very different side that you showed tonight, it shows that you have versatility and even though it isn't what you normally do, but you are still amazing to work with and I would love to have you back next week.
  • jackamakkajackamakka Posts: 4,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MYSTERY JUDGE COMMENTS
    Christina Parie

This was probably your worst performance so far. You’re a young Avril Lavigne and that’s the type of music you need to be performing not something like this which honestly didn’t suit you in terms of style, edge or anything in my honest opinion. You’ve had some good performances in the past and I think you need to go back and look at those performances as they’re the better performances you’ve given. I do think you’re in trouble tonight but you’re also the artist who I know will come back and give a good performance next week. Best of luck in the voting is all I can say to you.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The last of David’s Wildcards now and the young American girl to tell us all just how blind love is (never understood that metaphor) – it’s Rachel Crow!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bz6xvwLvKcQ
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Rachel Crow

Rachel it`s so good to see a different side of you. Your vocals were good, and it was a nice choice. It certainly wasn`t the best of tonight, but it wasn`t the worst either. Your mentor really knows what he`s doing with you. I am slightly worried for you because of the taalent so far, but I hope your through!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ouch! :(

All I can say is that I could've gone with an Avril Lavigne song but I didn't want to be predictable.

Rachel Crow

Rachel, you continue to be a major darkhorse in this competition. This was a very impressive song choice by your mentor and I felt that once again, your mentor has been on top form and I expect you to be back next week, Rachel.
    Forum Member
    Rachel Crow
    Another brilliant performance from you tonight and one that shows just how versatile you are as an artist. The past 2 weeks we have seen you take on a couple of up-tempo songs with a bit of a retro vibe. Other judges have wanted to see a much more slowed down song choice and one that shows off your vocals more and I think you totally did that this evening. You showed everyone that you can adapt you voice to different styles and for such a young performance you put so much emotion and heart into the lyrics when you sing. Like my other acts; you are such a pleasure to mentor and have excelled my expectations; I really hope people continue to support you and are back in the show next week. Everbody VOTE RACHEL CROW!!!
    Forum Member
    Soppyfan wrote: »
    Ouch! :(

All I can say is that I could've gone with an Avril Lavigne song but I didn't want to be predictable.

No, but the song you picked didn`t really suit her at all!!
    Forum Member
    Which mentor did the mystery judge think outshone the rest - he/ she have slated near enough everything so far (in some way) :D
  • Kuda_KunakaKuda_Kunaka Posts: 2,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Janet
    Janet, that was your weakest performance yet and believe me, it was still pretty decent. Your voice was so sweet in that but it was just a tad boring for me as it stayed on the same key all through, but as I said your voice was sweet as always and I dont think you have anything to worry about tonight

Declan
    Im a little disappointed to be honest, and that's maybe cause I expected too much. I understand that Muse are an act that suits you but kinda I wanted this theme to be the night you really show your range and claim your place in this competition but I don't think you achieved that tonight. but good luck with the voting

Stacy
    Where are those high notes you used to hit on the real show? Nevertheless I thought that was good. We got to hear your lower register a lot more but it just lacked soul for me. If you are hear next week, I would like to hear more power and more soul because I know that you've got it.

Kitty
    This was definitely one of your better performances. you showed so much control up on that stage and that's probably due to the dynamic of the song, especially when you got to the high notes half way in the song. I don't think you'll be in trouble later

Christina
    It wasn't as amazing as last week and I think that is because of the lack of emotion I felt tonight. I didn't real feel it the same way I feel the notes when Bruno Mars is singing it but amidst all that, I still think you did a good job.. could have done with the tempo increased a bit but I thin you coped well enough without that

Rachel
    You are possibly the front runner in this competition.. certainly my favourite outside my category. I love Alicia, but baby girl I though that was just the wrong song for you tonight. The vocals were too deep and mature for you in my opinion. I really didn't work for me. Its just the one Alicia song that doesn't suit you!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Which mentor did the mystery judge think outshone the rest - he/ she have slated near enough everything so far (in some way) :D

I'm not sure, I'll ask him/her though. But make sure to take the criticism to have a really good go next week but it will be made harder with the restrictions of a theme obviously. It's a challenge this show ;) but I'm sure all of you will rise to the occassion

MYSTERY JUDGE COMMENTS
    Rachel Crow

Probably the best performance overall out of everybody and you’re actually the first contestant tonight who I think I’ve seen improve from the first show. The song is actually decently suited to you in terms of vocal ability, range and also the emotion you can put into a performance and reminds me a hell of a lot of your sing off performance of “I’d Rather Go Blind”. Although I believe the song is slightly predictable (just my opinion) it is probably the best performance of the series next to Janet’s first performance of the whole series. So props to your mentor on this choice.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To the last of the Boys and their mentor Kuda! Hoping his performance breaks even, it’s Reece Mastin!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKcVt1Cn5BI
    Forum Member
    Reece Mastin

Reece that was nice. It was the sort of thing I would expect from you, and it was a bit predictable but who cares I did like it. You took a risk the other week and that is good so I don`t expect another risk yet. I think you may be in a bit of trouble, again because of how good everyone`s been. Good luck later on!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reece, I know the feeling of being the last act in a category but out of all of the boys, I always knew you would be the last boy standing. This was a real change of direction to what we've seen and I think this was your best performance so far. I now believe that you could be a top contender soon, well done Reece. Your mentor will not be going actless tonight.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Standing Ovation*

Who knew that side to you as a performer before? I thought you smashed that Script number and displayed your range wonderfully on that stage from top to bottom. Your vocals were the best Ive heard from you cause we stripped it down completely, but still kept it in your pop-rock genre. Reece, I thought that was incredible
    Forum Member
    Reece Mastin
    The word predictable does spring to mind with this performance as with your performance last week its the type of song that does suit you but lacks any form of originality and artistry. I want to see you come out and here and smash it! I want something that you can put a Reece Mastin stamp on and I don't think with any of the songs you've been given in this competition you've been able to do that. I really do like you as an artist and want to see you progress more and I hope Kuda has got some better song choices up his sleeve for the next themes if you are through. Good luck tonight as you may need it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MYSTERY JUDGE COMMENTS
    Reece Mastin

Listen I do like you a lot as a singer but I have to say that these vocals just weren’t good for you. You’re a good singer and all but these vocals felt really just way to smooth and in a way theatrical for somebody like you who’s more pop mixed with a slight rock edge to the vocals. I do have to say I don’t think your mentor chose the right act in you as you’re probably the only boy I actually think hasn’t had a good performance yet and I think you need to work on that otherwise I think you won’t be here for much longer.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Back to the Girls and here’s a girl who always does her best to Try, it’s Drew!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lLNVFX1WEc
    Forum Member
    Drew

Drew last week you were in the bottom and my boys left. To be honest I don`t think any of you should have been there but anyways. You came back into this competition with a bang, and I`m sort of glad you were saved last week because I believe you can still win this if you carry on with performances like that. I could see that you put everything into that, and I cannot express how much you impressed me!!
    Forum Member
    Drew
    You were a surprise in the bottom 2 last week, however you came out fighting and showed to me that you should stay in the competition. Tonight I think was an improvement on last week and you got back to where you were on the first show. My only criticism is really that I'm a bit bored you coming out doing ballads and slow songs; however I think that is more down to the themes which have all really lent themselves to slower songs that anything more up-tempo. Next time I want you to come out here with something a little more up-tempo and show us a little more diversity. However you did do a good job this week and I would be surprised if you went bottom 2 this week.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, is that how you bounce back? Im really impressed and Im glad your mentor quickly brought you back to your comfort zone and I feel like this theme was made especially for you and I don't think you let anybody down, except your haters. Well Done
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Drew, it was a big surprise when you were in the sing-off, so we knew we had to work harder to get back up there. Tonight, my girl...you blew me away and you had the audience in a trance and they were 100% right behind you. As the song says, you have to get up and try and try again. You have fully got back in the race and next week, we wanna go up-tempo and I pray the public will give you that chance.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MYSTERY JUDGE COMMENTS
    Drew

As with Janet your mentor needs to look back at your audition on the show. You’ve got a really quirky indie voice that needs to be used more and not this type of performance which by the way was also too mature and soulful for you as well. Lisa Hannigan is an artist that you’re very similar to and need to be like in your performances. You could go far with the right songs but right now I am worried about you this week Drew as this song just wasn’t up to scratch for you in my opinion.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only other Over 25 remaining in the competition now and pondering what if tomorrow never comes, it’s Mitchell Callaway!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gISKymx7kR8
    Forum Member
    Mitchell Callaway

Mitchell that was extremely predictable. Another really slow country song. Having said that the vocals were good, and I liked the way that it built to the chorus. I think if you`re here next week you definitely need aa bit of upbeat. For the first time I`m a bit worried for you!!