Claudia Lawrence found?

124»

Comments

• HogzillaHogzilla Posts: 24,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Durham police? Wasn't the man they have rebailed originally from the NE, somewhere?

My heart goes out to her family. Imagine seeing that in the press. I hope they were forewarned.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If a body has been found, it has to be formally identified before any names can be released :(
  • HogzillaHogzilla Posts: 24,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I pass that pub on the bus. In fact, I passed it the morning she disappeared, on my way back into town from Acomb.

Have always thought it looks like the grimmest pub in York. I hope that feeling don't turn out to be prophetic.
  • Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    So it all came to nothing. The man was released and now the whole story seems to have gone silent. How tragic for her family. To think there was a serious development in the case and then nothing.
  • butterworthbutterworth Posts: 17,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So it all came to nothing. The man was released and now the whole story seems to have gone silent. How tragic for her family. To think there was a serious development in the case and then nothing.

You're behind the times - It's all go again today (for the moment)....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Maybe not new arrest made 23rd July

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/390535/Claudia-Lawrence-missing-arrest
  • Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Strange....

Go on Google images and there are many photos of Claudia with friends, usually in a Pub.

This one here of Claudia with a friend. The friends face is pixellated out.

Yet here is another photo of Claudia with the same friend......with face clearly shown. :confused:
  • yorkiegalyorkiegal Posts: 18,929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Acomb Hotel used to be one of the roughest pubs in York. It's not in a great area. When my dominoes team was due to play them we used to forfeit the match and not turn up rather than have to go there lol.

Strange that they're not just searching the pub, but also the bookmakers next door.

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/ryedale/11359943.LIVE___Police_search_York_pub_in_Claudia_Lawrence_investigation___New_pics___CSI_teams_on_scene___locals_tell_of_shock___1_31pm_UPDATE/?ref=twt

lols at the names of some of the locals quoted giving their reaction in our local paper today. You usually just see their names listed as having being up in court for stuff.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hogzilla wrote: »
    Durham police? Wasn't the man they have rebailed originally from the NE, somewhere?

My heart goes out to her family. Imagine seeing that in the press. I hope they were forewarned.

The man they arrested previously was in his fifties. I think his other address was his mum's and it wasn't Durham. Think it was North Shields area.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yorkiegal wrote: »
    The Acomb Hotel used to be one of the roughest pubs in York. It's not in a great area. When my dominoes team was due to play them we used to forfeit the match and not turn up rather than have to go there lol.

Strange that they're not just searching the pub, but also the bookmakers next door.

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/ryedale/11359943.LIVE___Police_search_York_pub_in_Claudia_Lawrence_investigation___New_pics___CSI_teams_on_scene___locals_tell_of_shock___1_31pm_UPDATE/?ref=twt

lols at the names of some of the locals quoted giving their reaction in our local paper today. You usually just see their names listed as having being up in court for stuff.
    Is it that kind of area then 'yorkie'?

She (CL) always came across to me as quite an attractive looking young lady and not the type who would hang around anywhere 'rough'.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bulletguy1 wrote: »
    Strange....

Go on Google images and there are many photos of Claudia with friends, usually in a Pub.

This one here of Claudia with a friend. The friends face is pixellated out.

Yet here is another photo of Claudia with the same friend......with face clearly shown. :confused:

No real mystery, just an editors decision
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it that kind of area then 'yorkie'?

She (CL) always came across to me as quite an attractive looking young lady and not the type who would hang around anywhere 'rough'.

York's 'bad areas' aren't anything like as rough as the sort you get in some big cities. It was a pub on a council estate where you could usually pick up knock off stuff and it had the occasional fights. Her phone records showed that she'd been over in the Acomb area a lot in the weeks before she disappeared. It's the opposite side of the city to where she lived and where her local pub was.

The man has been arrested on perverting the course of justice though, rather than murder.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    York's 'bad areas' aren't anything like as rough as the sort you get in some big cities. It was a pub on a council estate where you could usually pick up knock off stuff and it had the occasional fights. Her phone records showed that she'd been over in the Acomb area a lot in the weeks before she disappeared. It's the opposite side of the city to where she lived and where her local pub was.
    Oh that doesn't sound so bad then.
    The man has been arrested on perverting the course of justice though, rather than murder.
    Which indicates he knows something about events leading up to her murder. Wonder why else he saw fit to lead the Police on a wild goose chase?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,204
    Forum Member
    I kind of get this feeling and it could be completely unfounded but I feel that more than one person know what happened to her.
  • angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    An earlier report on BBC2 news said that the man arrested in May was still on Police bail so may be there is a link between the two arrests. For the sake of her parents, I hope there is an outcome from today's activity.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Simi89 wrote: »
    I kind of get this feeling and it could be completely unfounded but I feel that more than one person know what happened to her.
    Possibility of being 'economical with the truth' which is where this guy must fall in. It was reported at the time of her disappearance that she had a large circle of friends and had had 'relationships' with a fair few men. Not that that makes her a bad person in any way (she was single so a 'free bird'), but some of those could well be married men
  • Evo102Evo102 Posts: 13,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh that doesn't sound so bad then.

Which indicates he knows something about events leading up to her murder. Wonder why else he saw fit to lead the Police on a wild goose chase?

Or he knew nothing about the events and led the police on a wild goose chase, remember Wearside Jack?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Evo102 wrote: »
    Or he knew nothing about the events and led the police on a wild goose chase, remember Wearside Jack?
    Yes there are some really odd folk out there who want their 'five minutes of fame' in a most peculiar way.

Amazing bit of 'sleuthing' that was too. Just shows the Police never give up but it left Assistant Chief Constable George Oldfield a broken man.
This discussion has been closed.