Change Netflix UK, to Netflix US!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Worried it may be dead now. Subscription will get cancelled, UK Netflix is atrocious.
  • GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bonzai1888 wrote: »
    Worried it may be dead now. Subscription will get cancelled, UK Netflix is atrocious.

You could pay 3.50 a month to stay with unblockus? Combined with Netflix it's still under a tenner a month.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gormond wrote: »
    You could pay 3.50 a month to stay with unblockus? Combined with Netflix it's still under a tenner a month.

& that works with the Xbox & PS3?
  • originalrobskioriginalrobski Posts: 357
    Forum Member
    i pay for the unblock-us route, as said, well worth it all for under a tenner. still having probs logging into netflix via the ps3 for some reason though. can take several attempts/restarts of machine before i get in. all ok on the ipad and lappy though so hoping its just a glitch for a few days, my boys driving me mad trying to get it to work!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    & that works with the Xbox & PS3?

Yeah works fine.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i pay for the unblock-us route, as said, well worth it all for under a tenner. still having probs logging into netflix via the ps3 for some reason though. can take several attempts/restarts of machine before i get in. all ok on the ipad and lappy though so hoping its just a glitch for a few days, my boys driving me mad trying to get it to work!!

Did you configure it via DNS on your router?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's working again, got bones back on.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    graxity wrote: »
    Just found a brilliant easy way of changing the Netflix content from the UK to the US. Though you do need to be using a Router.

Loads more content and full seasons of TV shows like 24, Lost, Desperate Housewives and so on.

So, just go to 'Network Settings' on your PS3.

Then:

Internet Connection Settings

Then:

Scroll all the way to the right until you get to DNS settings.

Change the Primary DNS to 208.122.23.22
    Change the Secondry DNS to 208.122.23.23

Accept the settings and keep scrolling to the right again until it's all complete.

Reboot the PS3 - this is important as nothing will change unless you do this.

Then load up Netflix and away you go with more interesting content!

I assume this only works for a wireless connection?? Doesn't let me change anything on wired?
  • -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    shawboy07 wrote: »
    I assume this only works for a wireless connection?? Doesn't let me change anything on wired?

Works on wired too. This is how on my Sony Blu Ray which should be roughly the same process.
    Select wired setup, on How to setup IP address and proxy: select custom, on IP address setting: select Auto, DNS settings: select Manual.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    & it's not working again. Error R1207.
    Forum Member
    & it's not working again. Error R1207.

Do you pay to use the UnblockUS service?
    If you do then goto http://unblock-us.com/ and click on Check Service and it should start working again.
    Apparently they've had to resort to this due to freeloaders taking advantage.
  • MojoMasterMojoMaster Posts: 6,494
    Forum Member
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    If you do then goto http://unblock-us.com/ and click on Check Service and it should start working again.

I dont get how it's supposed to work.

I havent been paying, because all they ask you to do is change some DNS settings on your PS3....which I did, so I thought there wasn't a problem.

How will paying them money (they have no link to your PS account or anything), solve the problem?

I guess it's my lack of understanding of how it works, but I am reluctant to hand over my card details until I know.
  • HypnosHypnos Posts: 953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a free trial, cannot connect with PS3 or Xbox, laptop is fine though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MojoMaster wrote: »
    I dont get how it's supposed to work.

I havent been paying, because all they ask you to do is change some DNS settings on your PS3....which I did, so I thought there wasn't a problem.

How will paying them money (they have no link to your PS account or anything), solve the problem?

I guess it's my lack of understanding of how it works, but I am reluctant to hand over my card details until I know.

When you sign up to pay, your IP address is linked to your account. When you try and access their DNS they check their records to see if the IP address trying to access is valid.

That is why if you have a dynamic IP address you have to visit http://check.unblock-us.com/ every time it changes. Or use the windows app that keeps it updated.
  • MojoMasterMojoMaster Posts: 6,494
    Forum Member
    Gormond wrote: »
    When you sign up to pay, your IP address is linked to your account. When you try and access their DNS they check their records to see if the IP address trying to access is valid.

That is why if you have a dynamic IP address you have to visit http://check.unblock-us.com/ every time it changes. Or use the windows app that keeps it updated.

Ah I see, that's helpful, thanks.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    -GONZO- wrote: »

This worked a treat last night, started the trial....not working again this morning. Should I make the DNS the same as the router?

Do I need to have the laptop on when I use it?
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You don't need to touch the router unless you have multiple devices you want to use Unblock US on.

No need to have a computer on when you use it.

Netflix US via Unblock-US has been very flaky the last few days. Some people say it's due to Netflix having issues, others say it's due to Unblock-US trying to stop freeloaders (but presumably screwing that up totally, as many people who pay are having issues too).

I (temporarily?) fixed it by:

- Changed the PS3's DNS back to normal

- Deleted and re-installed Netflix

- Held Start & Select while loading Netflix, to reset it and re-enter my login.

- Changed the PS3's DNS back to Unblock-US.

- Loaded Netflix.... Netflix US was back!
    Forum Member
    This worked a treat last night, started the trial....not working again this morning. Should I make the DNS the same as the router?

Do I need to have the laptop on when I use it?

You just need to goto unblock-us and click on Check Service and it should work again.
  • SansomSansom Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    How legal is doing this? Will I break any of the netflix terms and conditions?
    Forum Member
    Sansom wrote: »
    How legal is doing this? Will I break any of the netflix terms and conditions?

Netflix seem to be fine with it as they allow your account to be roaming.
    They've even mentioned using VPN's in twitter replies.
  • HypnosHypnos Posts: 953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Working again now for me, hopefully it stays like that
  • TracerTongTracerTong Posts: 3,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Netflix are still getting your sub so are unblockus so everyones sweet really

and its under a tenner a month too :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TracerTong wrote: »
    Netflix are still getting your sub so are unblockus so everyones sweet really

and its under a tenner a month too :)
    And when they report to the studios that Joe Bloggs from Woking has viewed something they restricted in the UK and have been paid accordingly...
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    You can use unblock us for Hulu and many other streaming sites.
  • originalrobskioriginalrobski Posts: 357
    Forum Member
    I worked out my problem was down to the fact I forgot to reinstall the pc app after a virus problem on the computer, so when my ISP changed my I.P (I can't have static) that was what was causing the login prob. Reinstalled the app, and low and behold, all running sweet as again :o

Happy kids again now though, thank god!