Change Netflix UK, to Netflix US!

Comments

• HypnosHypnos Posts: 953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You can use unblock us for Hulu and many other streaming sites.

No way of paying for Hulu Plus atm though :cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 316
    Forum Member
    TV DUNIYA wrote: »
    @ graxity

You're a star.
    Many,many thanks.
    Have been wanting to see a film,I haven't seen in 26 years,(not available on DVD)and read online that it was on Netflix,but couldn't find it on the UK version,so I assumed it was only on the US version,and now after reading your post,are about to settle down to watch it!
    Thanks again.

So what was the film????? Did I miss the reply?
    Hold on, I know I'm spectacularly stupid, but I can't even find the Netflix app???

Did you resolve this? I had this issue and fixed it. You can find the solution on the Web but essentially the TV/Video Services had disappeared for me from the XMB. What I had to do (and this sounds weird but worked) was delete PS Home (I hate that thing and never use it) and then re-install it. That somehow made the TV/Video thing appear again. I kid you not!!! Worked for me anyway.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I stupidly did the DNS thing through the router during the whole carry on with Netflix USA stopping working. Put on my PS3, which I used for the uk Netflix, it is now got the US stuff. Is their adze fault DNS for the UK or is it a certain setting for virgin in the uk?
  • rehmanmohamedrehmanmohamed Posts: 668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bonzai1888 wrote: »
    I stupidly did the DNS thing through the router during the whole carry on with Netflix USA stopping working. Put on my PS3, which I used for the uk Netflix, it is now got the US stuff. Is their adze fault DNS for the UK or is it a certain setting for virgin in the uk?

If you changed the dns on your router, that means that every device connecteing via the router (e.g. laptop, Wii, PS3, xbox, ipad, mobile phone etc) will all be using that dns. therefore they will all should the US catalogue.

If you only want to access US netlfix on one device, they you should remove the dns from your router and simply apply the dns locally on the device which should be accessing the US catalogue
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you changed the dns on your router, that means that every device connecteing via the router (e.g. laptop, Wii, PS3, xbox, ipad, mobile phone etc) will all be using that dns. therefore they will all should the US catalogue.

If you only want to access US netlfix on one device, they you should remove the dns from your router and simply apply the dns locally on the device which should be accessing the US catalogue

I know, I don't know what the DNS should be though. I just delete it from the router altogether or do I add a UK DNS.?
  • GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know, I don't know what the DNS should be though. I just delete it from the router altogether or do I add a UK DNS.?

If you wish to use your ISPs DNS then set it to get it automatically.

If you want to use one from a service like unblockus to access US content then enter:

Primary DNS 208.122.23.22
    Secondary DNS 208.122.23.23
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

if you dont want to set it up automatically, you can see the DNS for your ISP at http://www.whatsmydns.net/dns/uk/

;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Think I am sorted now, did the automatic thing, so cheers for all your help. Think UK Netflix is down though.
  • zexstreamzexstream Posts: 6,279
    Forum Member
    I do hope you guys are paying the company for use of their DNS servers!
  • Kopite79Kopite79 Posts: 508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zexstream wrote: »

I'm not, still works just fine for me.:D
  • GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yeah i'm paying them, only fair imo when i'm making use of their service.

Also it is only about 3 quid a month.
  • MojoMasterMojoMaster Posts: 6,494
    Forum Member

Haha!
  • tony le mesmertony le mesmer Posts: 876
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gormond wrote: »
    Yeah i'm paying them, only fair imo when i'm making use of their service.

Also it is only about 3 quid a month.

Same, worth every penny.
  • Kingsd316Kingsd316 Posts: 892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone still got this working, mine seems to have stopped connecting now whichever DNS server i try to use, i can only get the UK netflix using the easy settings on the PS3 changing it just throws up the message "cannot connect to netflix"
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you pay for Unblock-US?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    works fine for me using unblock-us.

No pay, no access. Simples
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 481
    Forum Member
    Kingsd316 wrote: »
    Anyone still got this working, mine seems to have stopped connecting now whichever DNS server i try to use, i can only get the UK netflix using the easy settings on the PS3 changing it just throws up the message "cannot connect to netflix"

Yeah same here they've blocked what we were all doing

Now if you want to use it you have to pay they extra 4 quid a month
  • originalrobskioriginalrobski Posts: 357
    Forum Member
    works fine for me, but i am paying for it. well worth the extra couple of quid, theirs plenty of stuff the kids like on there the UK store doesnt have. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    Do you pay for Unblock-US?

Yes, but not been working since Friday night last week
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kingsd316 wrote: »
    Yes, but not been working since Friday night last week

in order to access US Netlfix, you need to go to the unblock-us site via the ps3 browser first to log on to unblock-us. Then fire up Netflix and everything should be hunky dory
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    in order to access US Netlfix, you need to go to the unblock-us site via the ps3 browser first to log on to unblock-us. Then fire up Netflix and everything should be hunky dory

Just tried and I can't even get on the website, throws up, ironically a DNS error
  • carguy143carguy143 Posts: 2,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just digging around the net to see how popular unblock us is. I've been using it a month and it is great
    I paid for 12 months. For those of you running dynamic IP addresses, try using something like dyndns nd programing the DNS settings in to your router. It works fine for me and means I don't have to keep going on the unblock us website.

By the way, if you don't want to register for dyndns, unblock us have their own you can use.

http://support.unblock-us.com/customer/portal/articles/291578-automatic-update-of-ip-address-%22check-service%22-using-dyndns
  • CuBz90CuBz90 Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Playmo is free and works just the same.
  • jjesso123jjesso123 Posts: 5,944
    Forum Member
    CuBz90 wrote: »
    Playmo is free and works just the same.

Not for long
    Soon we will be dropping beta …
    When we drop beta we will start charging $4.99/mo with the option to buy 1, 3, 6 and twelve months or simply by monthly subscription for convenience. Continue reading →
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cant change my DNS settings on my Sky Router so cant set my ps3 up to use this :(

It works great on my Ipad and on my PC but for it to work on my ps3 the say i need to change the settings on my router and sky have blocked the ability to change DNS