Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love and Peace

Peace and Love

Peace off.

:D
  • MesostimMesostim Posts: 52,864
    Forum Member
    Do people with autism not climb ladders, turn 21, get a degree or go to 'well known universities'?

I fear your knowledge of Autism may be deeply flawed.

Personally I'm just impressed his son graduated with a first from a well known University aged only 20.
  • angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Breadstix wrote: »
    My son is Autistic and he's had the MMR vaccine. Does this mean this was the cause? No it bloody doesn't, cannot believe this garbage is still doing the rounds.

I think the current generation of parents and grandparents don't realise how deadly these childhood illnesses actually are.

So is my son and yes he had the MMR. Do I think it is the cause. Absolutely not.

And I agree, the younger generation have not seen what these diseases can do.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love how this thread stayed focussed on the science.
  • RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love how this thread stayed focussed on the science.

Sarcastic cow

Give me some science NOW you, cmon, you're all hard and sciency and everything.....:mad:

:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sarcastic cow

Give me some science NOW you, cmon, you're all hard and sciency and everything.....:mad:

:p

Obesity can increase the chances of developing diseases such as type 2 diabetes and heart disease.

Happy now? :mad:

I think you should all go upstairs and play with your pens! :eek:
  • PrimalIcePrimalIce Posts: 2,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh... pens.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Obesity can increase the chances of developing diseases such as type 2 diabetes and heart disease.

Happy now? :mad:

I've always been massively crap with order:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PrimalIce wrote: »
    Oh... pens.

Yes the exclamation mark deceives the eye a little doesn't it. :D
  • trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MAW wrote: »
    This may be true, I apologise for using a poor example. My son, for the record, is not autistic, and does now eat his greens.:) I merely take slight exception to nit picking for the sake of scoring a cheap point.

"Scoring a cheap point" suggests nothing was untoward about the initial post. Tbh, I did squirm a bit at the suggestion that getting a degree etc would be beyond the remit of someone with autism.

I had the MMR, and I'm not autistic. There does seem to be some - perhaps indirect - link, though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh please now. The anecdote was hardly perfidious or seeking to offend.
  • epicurianepicurian Posts: 19,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ovalteenie wrote: »
    I'm keeping an open mind. All we can say is there is no evidence for a link at the present time & it may be unlikely. But there are historical cases of people being villified for going against the prevailing wisdom only to be vindicated eventually. Most recently, remember how we were reassured by the government that BSE definitely could not transmit to humans? Dissenting scientists such as Professor Lacey of Leeds university were dismissed as crackpot scaremongers at the time.

The mistake was the Lancet publishing a fraudulent research paper lacking any statistically meaningful results, and the gutter press running with it. Wakefield wasn't just manipulating data, he was making it up, and with a huge conflict of interest to boot. His vilification is entirely justified.

Fifteen years and several worldwide studies later, the damage is still being undone.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    epicurian wrote: »
    The mistake was the Lancet publishing a fraudulent research paper lacking any statistically meaningful results, and the gutter press running with it. Wakefield wasn't just manipulating data, he was making it up, and with a huge conflict of interest to boot. His vilification is entirely justified.

Fifteen years and several worldwide studies later, the damage is still being undone.

Totally agree - a pile of BAD SCIENCE

And damaging.