• pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,103
    Forum Member
    JordanC55 wrote: »
    There's a lot of country this time!

Country slays <3
  • EndOfSanityEndOfSanity Posts: 15,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not familiar with Poth's indie act at all, so that will be interesting for me. Love Cher though, she's a legend (we now have 2 Chers by the way :o).
  • JordanC55JordanC55 Posts: 9,348
    Forum Member
    Alexos wrote: »
    Blake Shelton - UTR
    Reba - UTRM
    Cher - OTT

What does that mean?
  • DandemDandem Posts: 13,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, I'd love to know Alexos' opinions, but I can't seem to translate your posts :confused:
    Forum Member
    What does that mean?

I'd UTR under the radar?
    Forum Member
    pothuthic wrote: »
    Country slays <3

I must admit I love country :3
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What does that mean?

Those are EDGICs.

UTR = Under the radar with no clear undertone.
    UTRM = Under the radar with a mixed undertone.
    OTT = Over the top with no clear undertone.

The other possibilities are INV (invisible), CP (complex personality) and MOR (middle of the road). The undertones can be none, positive (P), negative (N) or mixed (M).
    Forum Member
    pothuthic wrote: »
    I'd UTR under the radar?

That's what I thought at first but UTRM? Lol, the rest I don't even know where to start.
  • fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    Dandem wrote: »
    Yeah, I'd love to know Alexos' opinions, but I can't seem to translate your posts :confused:

They're edgics from the Apprentice forum. :)

So the first bit is the type of personality:

Inv = Invisible
    UTR = Under-the-radar
    MOR = Middle of the Road
    CP = Complex Personality
    OTT = Over the top personality

Then the next bit is how positive or negative your potential reception could be:

P = Positive
    N = Negative
    M = Mixed
    Toneless = Toneless
    Forum Member
    I must admit I love country :3

Ily...
  • Gav 2.0Gav 2.0 Posts: 1,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Up next we have Pjh8, yaay.

Mainstream
    I've started stanning for this act recently and hopefully ye all will be after this game. Despite their amazing success having top 13 out of their 16 singles top 10 and selling five million singles, they are incredibly underrated (mostly down to their management) They are an extremely diverse group, having covered many different genres in their careers including pop,dance,rnb and even rap! They have many wonderful hidden gems from their albums and b side singles that have never been released that ye will be seeing on this game so hopefully they slaaaay in this competition.
    Please give it up for the flawless
    The Saturdays

Indie
    Like my mainstream act, I've went for another very diverse group. They are an American pop,rock,indie group who I discovered on another game. Their music is fun and uplifting and they have many brilliant songs that they will be showcasing.They are a bit like The Vamps but more indie and not as generic. Please give it up for the amazing
    The Summer Set
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And of course Roxie swoops in and explains it better than I did. :p
  • AlexosAlexos Posts: 17,697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What does that mean?
    OTT = Over the Top - A character, within the episode, that is over-simplified or presented as a one-dimensional, one-note caricature. In terms of story, these characters are usually used to create drama and to distract us from the winner. They are the ones we love to love (the hero, the sweetheart) or the ones we love to hate (the villain, the buffoon, the arrogant jerk, the right-royal-beyotch). biggest part of the episode
    CP = Complex Personality - A character, within the episode, that emerges as a "personality" that is well-rounded and well-developed (intellectually, emotionally, personally and strategic/game-wise). The editing has depth, we see their strengths and weaknesses, and their choices are presented to the audience so that we get an insight into their thinking. In terms of story, these characters usually end up being major players in the story (game) and their choices end up shaping the overall, long-term story.
    MOR = Middle of the Road - A character, within the episode, that says and does more than a UTR edit, but is lacking in character development (ie. we still don't know anything about them or what makes them tick). MOR edits are not oversimplified into OTT nor are they well-rounded into CP. In terms of story, these characters tend towards being a supporting character, the "narrator" or the "survivor is great" commentator. They can be described as being somewhat "bland" or "just sort of there". This edit may contain "very strategic" moments, but without the emotional and intellectual insights necessary for a complex edit.
    UTR = Under the Radar - A character, within the episode, that is edited to be either under-utilized or deliberately hidden (the trick is figuring out which). In story terms, they have a role in the story but are being kept out of focus.
    INV = Invisible - A character, within the episode, that is edited to be irrelevant or insignificant to any of the stories. In terms of story... they don't have one.

Then you attach either positive, negative or mixed (P, N or M) to the end of those, depending on the tone of the person in that episode. Sometimes people are toneless when none of their personality is shown.

As EoS has identified, it can be applied to almost everything and is a helpful guide to life choices imo.
    Forum Member
    Woo wooo woo! Go Paul <3

Flawless Girl Group + Flawless Boy Band = just generally flawless.
    Forum Member
    The summer set could be good
  • DandemDandem Posts: 13,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ahhhh, The Summer Set! I've heard of them. I even have one of their songs on my iPod, I'm looking forward to hearing more from them :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Summer Set are quite good actually, good picks Paul. :)
  • aliyah101aliyah101 Posts: 13,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Following on from my lovely TF team is the lovely Pingu who doesn't like being distracted when watching Big Brother, and loves Stacey :). Here are Pingu's acts:

Mainstream:
    Paloma Faith - One word......AMAZING. I am a massive fan of hers and I have all 3 of her gorgeous albums. She is so unique, with a really quirky jazz sound. I also really love her personality. She is soooooooooo sweet and the voice of hers is just adorable. Everybody better love her because I'll be very upset if they don't. All I can say is....Mrs Faith is going to be here for a looong time.

Indie:
    Matthew Mayfield - Everybody welcome my amazing indie man. He really is the definition of indie. A really talented guy who is so underappreciated. He has this absolutely wonderful, husky tone that kinda reminds me of Luke Friend. I really hope that everybody appreciates his music as much as I do because he's just amazing. Everybody better watch out....because Matthew is gunna slayyyyyy.
  • staceyxxx23staceyxxx23 Posts: 12,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So many country acts <3 Luke Bryan is the best though
    Louise knows what's up. <3
    Dandem wrote: »
    Lmao. I've seen them being used for weeks and I still can't remember them.
    Forum Member
    And of course Roxie swoops in and explains it better than I did. :p

Of course Ricky - someone needs to put you in your place. :kitty:

Also loving the Cher choice from Poth - Cher = Queen.
  • jag02010jag02010 Posts: 7,347
    Forum Member
    Not as good as Pingu's OTTP Ariana Grande choice (still the only other person who loves and accepts and appreciates her) but I love Paloma :D
  • _NiallDEE__NiallDEE_ Posts: 13,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    aliyah101 wrote: »
    Following on from my lovely TF team is the lovely Pingu who doesn't like being distracted when watching Big Brother, and loves Stacey :). Here are Pingu's acts:

Mainstream:
    Paloma Faith - One word......AMAZING. I am a massive fan of hers and I have all 3 of her gorgeous albums. She is so unique, with a really quirky jazz sound. I also really love her personality. She is soooooooooo sweet and the voice of hers is just adorable. Everybody better love her because I'll be very upset if they don't. All I can say is....Mrs Faith is going to be here for a looong time.

Indie:
    Matthew Mayfield - Everybody welcome my amazing indie man. He really is the definition of indie. A really talented guy who is so underappreciated. He has this absolutely wonderful, husky tone that kinda reminds me of Luke Friend. I really hope that everybody appreciates his music as much as I do because he's just amazing. Everybody better watch out....because Matthew is gunna slayyyyyy.

I wanted Paloma (even though I'd already had her for NTGP) so you better do her justice Pingu :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lmao at Pingu picking Paloma Faith. I know who's getting Niall's top vote every show. :p
    Forum Member
    aliyah101 wrote: »
    Following on from my lovely TF team is the lovely Pingu who doesn't like being distracted when watching Big Brother

Reason he should have won best one liners award IMO. :D

And I like Paloma except when she speaks. But I also REALLY like Matthew Mayfield. :blush:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of course Ricky - someone needs to put you in your place. :kitty:

Also loving the Cher choice from Poth - Cher = Queen.

So by your logic Poth = Queen + Cher? :confused:

Fair enough.