Options

The X Factor Series 11 – Judges Auditions #1 – Updates Thread

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    StubeStube Posts: 16,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So are there no audience auditions this year then? If so, I think it's a good idea. It'll make this series very "2008".
  • Options
    Andy_Smith1Andy_Smith1 Posts: 4,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stube wrote: »
    So are there no audience auditions this year then? If so, I think it's a good idea. It'll make this series very "2008".

Pretty sure they are doing the double auditions again for some reason
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 486
    Forum Member
    Zone_Out wrote: »
    Another pic of the backdrop, you can see the faces on the other side of the X too http://instagram.com/p/ptta1IEBXn/
    Why is it on a slant?
  • Options
    EEAS1997EEAS1997 Posts: 2,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kirdej_M wrote: »
    Why is it on a slant?

It looks awful, doesn't it? I loved it at first, but it actually looks cheap, nasty and tacky. The slant makes it look even worse.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty sure they are doing the double auditions again for some reason

Double auditions have been 100% officially confirmed by ITV.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 486
    Forum Member
    EddyEagal wrote: »
    It looks awful, doesn't it? I loved it at first, but it actually looks cheap, nasty and tacky. The slant makes it look even worse.
    They should've just kept the set last year finger crossed it looks better on tv
  • Options
    splodge9splodge9 Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    Zone_Out wrote: »
    Another pic of the backdrop, you can see the faces on the other side of the X too http://instagram.com/p/ptta1IEBXn/

It seems to be the same images on both sides, but unless I'm mistaken it's not symmetrical as the left side goes out slightly further and has additional faces at the edge that are missed off on the right side... If it was completely symmetrical image-wise I could understand but if not then why not include other contestants on the other side? :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    splodge9 wrote: »
    It seems to be the same images on both sides, but unless I'm mistaken it's not symmetrical as the left side goes out slightly further and has additional faces at the edge that are missed off on the right side... If it was completely symmetrical image-wise I could understand but if not then why not include other contestants on the other side? :confused:

pretty much the same yeah, on this one on the right side you can see Ella H included http://instagram.com/p/pjZ5yhkBc7/ she`s the only extra face i can spot
  • Options
    jonnyblackjonnyblack Posts: 897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EddyEagal wrote: »

It's to give perspective for where the cameras are. They did a similar thing on American Idol auditions this year, with things not quite straight, not quite centered etc. It comes across well on the TV because everything hits the right spot on the screen. Sets aren't necessarily made to be pretty when you're standing in them, they're meant to look great when captured at precise angles and for only a segment of it to be seen.
  • Options
    Starzz123Starzz123 Posts: 1,700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jonnyblack wrote: »
    It's to give perspective for where the cameras are. They did a similar thing on American Idol auditions this year, with things not quite straight, not quite centered etc. It comes across well on the TV because everything hits the right spot on the screen. Sets aren't necessarily made to be pretty when you're standing in them, they're meant to look great when captured at precise angles and for only a segment of it to be seen.

Exactly what I thought. because the contestant is shot from there left the camera will only really pick up the backdrop in those shots, rather than any additional parts of the room
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 478
    Forum Member
    jonnyblack wrote: »

Last years audition set was the same. if the desk wasn't slanted then Simon (and last year Nicole) wouldn't have been in shot at all from the side and only Louis would be fully seen. The set also only had a curve on one side last year. It will look fine when its on screen.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    itunesfestival2itunesfestival2 Posts: 862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do we know when the arena auditions are yet? I really want to try and get tickets to go see them!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The new trailer seems amazing... I think this will probably be the best trailer The X Factor has had.
  • Options
    jackamakkajackamakka Posts: 4,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If the categories are assigned using the general formula followed, they would be assigned as such:

Simon - Boys
    Cheryl - Groups
    Mel - Over 25s
    Louis - Girls

However, if the formula from last series is used, the categories will be assigned as:

Simon - Over 25s
    Cheryl - Girls
    Mel - Boys
    Louis - Groups

Was just a thought that passed through my mind. They obviously won't use the usual formula (1st example) as Louis has no chance of getting the Girls, but I wouldn't rule out the second choice, despite both Cheryl and Mel rumoured to be wanting the Groups (remember how the 2010 category rumours were completely wrong with Cheryl getting the Groups).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jackamakka wrote: »
    If the categories are assigned using the general formula followed, they would be assigned as such:

Simon - Boys
    Cheryl - Groups
    Mel - Over 25s
    Louis - Girls

However, if the formula from last series is used, the categories will be assigned as:

Simon - Over 25s
    Cheryl - Girls
    Mel - Boys
    Louis - Groups

Was just a thought that passed through my mind. They obviously won't use the usual formula (1st example) as Louis has no chance of getting the Girls, but I wouldn't rule out the second choice, despite both Cheryl and Mel rumoured to be wanting the Groups (remember how the 2010 category rumours were completely wrong with Cheryl getting the Groups).

Interesting :)

I think whichever category Cheryl wants, Cheryl will get. We're lead to believe that it's down to the producers to assign the categories, but that's not strictly true. Nicole has confirmed that Louis had the boys in 2012, and she had the groups. She said that she asked to change to the boys, and her request was obviously successful.

I can imagine that Cheryl will either want the girls or groups. I think the category lay out this year could well be:

Simon: Girls
    Mel: Boys
    Cheryl: Groups
    Louis: Overs

I'd really like that to be honest. It also plays on the whole Cheryl VS Louis theme the press are conveniently latching onto, as it's usually the Groups VS Overs and the Girls VS Boys.
  • Options
    Vister:)!Vister:)! Posts: 1,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The trailer seems great and finally a trailer that seems to be on par with the BGT adverts! Which are usually really good.

I'd like Mel to get a decent category but then again I doubt the producers care about mel and would much prefer cheryl or simon to have the best category,
    I defiantly think it's time for a girl winner again since it's been a while (since Alexandra)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vister:)! wrote: »
    The trailer seems great and finally a trailer that seems to be on par with the BGT adverts! Which are usually really good.

I'd like Mel to get a decent category but then again I doubt the producers care about mel and would much prefer cheryl or simon to have the best category,
    I defiantly think it's time for a girl winner again since it's been a while (since Alexandra)

I really agree actually. I'd love it it a girl won... Especially when you take into account just how well females typically do in the music industry. If you look at the charts and what not, the female artists are slaying :D
  • Options
    itunesfestival2itunesfestival2 Posts: 862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ARENA AUDITIONS ARE ON THE 1ST-4TH AUGUST.

On the terms and conditions of a TalkTalk X Factor competition, it says:
    '3. Each winner will win 2 tickets, which will entitle the winner and 1 guest to free entry to The X Factor Judges Auditions 2014 sponsored by TalkTalk. The X Factor Judges Auditions will take place on 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th August 2014. Each winner will be allocated a date and time and will be notified accordingly...'

Also confirmed on the calendar on ApplauseStore: http://www.applausestore.com/show-calendar.php
  • Options
    spikerspiker Posts: 319
    Forum Member
    That's about 2 weeks later than last year. I wonder how this affects the tv schedule.
  • Options
    Andy_Smith1Andy_Smith1 Posts: 4,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spiker wrote: »
    That's about 2 weeks later than last year. I wonder how this affects the tv schedule.

Wont affect it much probably, Im thinking since its double auditions they will be doing the Saturday+Sunday format again this year so the series may start on the 30th of August plus it will avoid the start of Doctor Who too by a week if does that so it can have a week of hype alone.

I hope that the arena auditions starting later means it wouldn't be aired room on a Saturday and arena on a Sunday anymore, it should be double rooms then move to double arenas so you see the growth, Rooms and then arenas back to back made the Saturday show pointless, plus they will need the time to edit too so hopefully its double rooms then arenas