Is The X Factor your favourite TV show?

welshfoxywelshfoxy Posts: 6,985
Forum Member
Now, or in the past? And why?

Comments

• dazcdazc Posts: 4,070
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yes it is because when you watch there is no other show that always has a talking point every year
  • welshfoxywelshfoxy Posts: 6,985
    Forum Member
    dazc wrote: »
    yes it is because when you watch there is no other show that always has a talking point every year

Agreed, much prefer it to the vastly inferior BGT. Haven't looked forward to an XF as much as this year's since about 2007 though :D Hopefully it won't disappoint.
  • hmeisterhmeister Posts: 2,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope. It used to be quite good but there's too much manipulation, fakery and they produce some of the worst things to happen to music plus gives lazy a people an easy way to get into the music industry leaving proper musicians struggling to find work.

The ratings are deservedly falling because people are getting bored of it. :)
  • welshfoxywelshfoxy Posts: 6,985
    Forum Member
    hmeister wrote: »
    Nope. It used to be quite good but there's too much manipulation, fakery and they produce some of the worst things to happen to music plus gives lazy a people an easy way to get into the music industry leaving proper musicians struggling to find work.

The ratings are deservedly falling because people are getting bored of it. :)

Nothing to do with boring judging panels and almost as boring a show in general since 2011 then? Gary Borelow was one of the worst judges if not the worst across any of these talent shows.

A real test on whether X Factor is still relevant will be this year with Simon and Cheryl back. I had reservations about Mel B but I think she could work brilliantly as part of that judging line up.

It's not the format which didn't work the past few years, it's the judging line ups and production of the show.
  • d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    It is my favourite TV show by a mile, for a number of reasons. I just hope that the manipulation doesn't start again this year, as it really ruins the show for me.
  • NicoleRichNicoleRich Posts: 2,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was. I used to be a big fan from 04 - 10. It lost it spark after Simon left. But, I did love the addition of crazy Nicole and a few contestants from the new era (Misha B, Ella Henderson and Tamera).
  • SatnavvySatnavvy Posts: 5,211
    Forum Member
    I loathe it but love to criticise it he said whilst having cake and eating it
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It used to be my favorite show a few years ago. It's not even one of my favorite shows now. My main reason for watching has always been to find new artists I like. I have found a number of artists from the show who I still follow to this day and support them. :)

It's still my favorite show to talk about easily.
  • GlassBalloonGlassBalloon Posts: 2,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love The X Factor, but I love it less and less with every passing year.

It used to be a major talking point and able to take over the general public from August to December every year, usually when there's **** all else to be doing. It still is, mind. But the panel has been a borefest, the contestants and the editing has become more obviously faker and TOWIE-like in the past 2 years and it's been a disappointment, to say the least. I think this year will be the year that I decide whether it's still my favourite show or not. Because even the room auditions couldn't bring back that spark it once had of finding raw talent last year. It reeked staged. And even if we knew it was staged all along, I don't like how obvious it's become in the latter years and that's what's putting me off.
  • Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's my favourite reality show. I don't watch The Voice or BGT, occasionally watch the Jungle. I watched DOI and am sorry it's ended :(
  • jonloch1jonloch1 Posts: 3,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    its my favourite winter tv show. to me, the start of Big Brother is officially the start of summer and then X factor is officially end of summer and beginning of autumn/winter