Options

Off to Switzerland, all aboard DSFE64 train! Wilkomme to the next stop: Bitsch.

MiesBouwmanMiesBouwman Posts: 1,099
Forum Member
✭✭✭
The train has stopped at the beautiful mountain town of Bitsch. In this competition you'll receive a first class ticket for a central DSFE station, a second class ticket for a regional DSFE station and to those brave enough, a cattle class ticket for the opportunity to derail your competition in the most obscure stations in the dark mountains of DSFE. At these stations you might not really want to get out of the train at all. Unfortunately, we will be unable to provide CCTV in your cattle class carriage (also: no refunds. also: the attendant will be incredibly rude when you ask for more salted nuts). The cattle class passengers that do manage make it out of the tunnel with RyanRails, will have an additional entry in the Quarter Finals.

Rules
-The track must be less than 5 minutes long.
-Former Eurovision contestants are allowed, but cannot enter with the same song they performed in the contest, or at any national pre-selection.
-The track must have been released after 2000.
-The artists must be from the country or be connected to the country by heritage. If the connection is unclear, please give me the information you have so I can ensure it is acceptable.
-The track must not have been entered into DSFE before. Please consult our beautiful wikia for more information.

You will receive a first class ticket (which will be a relatively good country) and a second class ticket (which will be a relatively bad country). You can sign up for a cattle class ticket as well. In cattle class (these will less popular countries), you will compete with other players who have the same country in a pre-QF round. Please specify if you require a free cattle class ticket. This will not influence your first or second class tickets and matching countries (it is an extra country). Cattle class groups will be formed at random.

I will reveal the cattle class countries at a later stage (depending on the number of players who sign up).

Please PM me to sign up for the contest. The deadline for sign-ups is Saturday, April 11th at 12PM (GMT). Please specify if you would like a cattle class ticket.

Comments

• Options
    TerryPTerryP Posts: 11,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Okay, I think I just about managed to understand that. :D

So we all get one good and one bad as per normal. In addition to this we can ask for a "Cattle Class Ticket" which is essentially a rather crappier than crap country and we will compete against each other in NFs for that country.

Is that right?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TerryP wrote: »
    Okay, I think I just about managed to understand that. :D

So we all get one good and one bad as per normal. In addition to this we can ask for a "Cattle Class Ticket" which is essentially a rather crappier than crap country and we will compete against each other in NFs for that country.

Is that right?

You are correct. CHOO CHOO.
  • Options
    AxGAxG Posts: 25,671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now I have Stephen Fry in my head saying "bitch" when on QI going on about a French place.
  • Options
    TerryPTerryP Posts: 11,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You are correct. CHOO CHOO.

Oki dokes :D

I will have a think about whether I want a Cattle Class Ticket and let you know when I sign up.
  • Options
    phill363phill363 Posts: 24,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Choo Chooo!

I'm boarding this train
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello all. :)
    AxG wrote: »
    Now I have Stephen Fry in my head saying "bitch" when on QI going on about a French place.

I think the title of the contest should have been 'What a Bitsch!'

Too risque? :blush::D
  • Options
    AlexosAlexos Posts: 17,697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There are excited murmurings coming from Abkhazia right now...

Bitsch better have my money!
  • Options
    AxGAxG Posts: 25,671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alexos wrote: »
    Bitsch better have my money!

Come get bitsch!
  • Options
    phill363phill363 Posts: 24,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fudd wrote: »
    Hello all. :)

I think the title of the contest should have been 'What a Bitsch!'

Too risque? :blush::D

Smack My Bitsch Up
  • Options
    JordanC55JordanC55 Posts: 9,348
    Forum Member
    I intend to ride this train to the top :.)
  • Options
    avbavb Posts: 9,612
    Forum Member
    Was a bit behind on the results from Lillehammer, I saw the next host city on the Wiki before I knew which player had won with Switzerland... when I saw it was Bitsch I knew immediately it was Mies with another gloriously nuts themed contest! :D

I'll be honest, I'm not entirely sure what Mies is going on about in the opening post, only that in this contest we're going to put a load of cows on trains or something. But do I want an extra country? Bitsch please...
  • Options
    mikabvmikabv Posts: 4,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm taking the train! Looking forward to this Bitsch...
  • Options
    yoshi94yoshi94 Posts: 6,229
    Forum Member
    Cows...Mies you are gloriously nuts :p I will obvs be signing up, but what kind of thing will be found in cattle class? I'd like to have a rough idea before deciding if I want one, if possible :)
  • Options
    Carlisle156Carlisle156 Posts: 23,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Congrats Mies on another win & good job to Switzerland too I always like seeing new countries win :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Where is everyone :(
  • Options
    March MorningsMarch Mornings Posts: 643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yoshi94 wrote: »
    Where is everyone :(

I'm not sure, but I'm back? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yoshi94 wrote: »
    Cows...Mies you are gloriously nuts :p I will obvs be signing up, but what kind of thing will be found in cattle class? I'd like to have a rough idea before deciding if I want one, if possible :)

It will be the countries that have fallen out of the limits of number of sign ups. This might be a semi half decent country like Iran or a country that's not so half decent, who knows! You don't get too much information if you're traveling for free Yoshi.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

AcerBen
    Alexos
    alwaysanigel247
    avb
    dylanpartyon
    EuroFoxi
    Fudd
    Gwen 404
    JordanC55
    March Mornings
    MiesBouwman
    mikabv
    ouestlecue
    phill363
    poshbloke
    Shar_ds
    stanld03
    Yugimuto1

You have until Saturday to sign up guys!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    March! Great to see you & your taste back - you nearly always like my entries :p And I must say, if Iran is half decent then I'm not sure I'm too keen - as long as there's no penalty for politely declining :p
  • Options
    JordanC55JordanC55 Posts: 9,348
    Forum Member
    It will be the countries that have fallen out of the limits of number of sign ups. This might be a semi half decent country like Iran or a country that's not so half decent, who knows! You don't get too much information if you're traveling for free Yoshi.

Will countries be handed out on Saturday?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JordanC55 wrote: »
    Will countries be handed out on Saturday?

Yes, they will.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We have 22 seats filled on the train! over 70% also chose to put themselves through cattle class! Brave souls they are, as there will be no toilet provided in cattle class unfortunately.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    A Class 313 is it :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Updated player list, please PM the machinist (that's me) if you're not on here:

AcerBen
    Alexos
    alwaysanigel247
    andrewdk
    avb
    Carlisle156
    dylanpartyon
    EuroFoxi
    Fudd
    Gwen 404
    JordanC55
    Lola V
    March Mornings
    MiesBouwman
    mikabv
    nick1990
    ouestlecue
    phill363
    poshbloke
    robotpuppy
    Saturn
    Shar_ds
    spinbrandispin
    stanld03
    Yugimuto1
  • Options
    AlexosAlexos Posts: 17,697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is reminding me more and more of this film (obviously starring Mies as Tilda Swinton complete with dodgy Yorkshire accent :D )