Heart Lndon and Heart Scotand Questions

bigluke1970bigluke1970 Posts: 634
Forum Member
✭✭
I live in Central Scotland.

I have a DAB radio at work and a Virgin Box a Home.

I used to listen to Heart London on both formats - I like listening to the Time Tunnel at 9 am with Toby Anstis

I used to be able to listen to this at work but I can't find the station anymore. Has it been taken off the DAB Mux for central Scotland?

I can listen to the time Tunnel on Heart Scotland which has been added to my DAB Radio.

So with a DAB Radio can you only get HEART SCOTLAND and not Heart London.?

Listening to the time Tunnel on my Radio, and then at home both these stations seem to playing the same year as well.

Comments

• -ajm--ajm- Posts: 5,879
    Forum Member
    It won't be on there anymore.
  • bigluke1970bigluke1970 Posts: 634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks - I know Smooth UK and Smooth Scotland are on the DAB MUX.
  • RadiogramRadiogram Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heart London was removed on the same day Heart (Central) Scotland came into being.
  • Craig KellyCraig Kelly Posts: 2,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heart London on the Glasgow and Edinburgh local Bauer muxes changed to Heart Scotland on the launch of Heart on Tuesday 6 May. Heart has its opt-out studio based at Glasgow Business Park in the east of the city. It is the former Real Radio.

Real Radio on the Switch Central Scotland Regional mux changed to Heart Scotland at the same time as Heart on the Glasgow/Edinburgh muxes. The bit rate was dropped from the Real Radio 128 kbts Joint Stereo to 112 kbts Joint Stereo.

In practice, Heart Scotland is now on three multiplexes in central Scotland, now all at 112 kbts Joint stereo - Bauer, Glasgow, Edinburgh and Switch Central Scotland. Check the audio quality of all three!

It must be assumed that Heart on the central Scotland mux is just a 'holding' position until something else replaces it, otherwise if it withdrawn, the mux is running well below capacity with just BBC R. nan Gael, Central FM, Xfm Scotland and Eklipse Sports Radio which launched on Monday 5th May.