Options

That 8 piece boyband

DamienSDamienS Posts: 12,462
Forum Member
✭✭
I know it's all contrived, but I actually think they are all pretty good! I can see them doing well.

Comments

• Options
    hannahhannah Posts: 13,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really like them
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 325
    Forum Member
    Overrated tripe
  • Options
    MatejaMateja Posts: 731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They sounded better than most of the boys that sang in last night's episode as soloists. I think, aside from Paul and Andrea these 8 sounded better than the other 4 solo boys that made it to judges' houses.
  • Options
    EvilLlamaThingyEvilLlamaThingy Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    Some decent individual singers(And some pretty bad ones), but they didn't gel at all. I suppose I have to give them a chance I guess since they were only together a short time... Not very hopeful though.
  • Options
    racol5racol5 Posts: 3,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eight individuals and one out of tune chorus...
  • Options
    wordfromthewisewordfromthewise Posts: 2,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doomed to fail I'm afraid..too big and unwieldy ..ridiculous that they couldn't weed out 2 or 3 of them as the standard of vocals was so variable during their first performance together....8 piece boy band will look like a mess.
  • Options
    Cissy FairfaxCissy Fairfax Posts: 11,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Based on one line each of one song, which was not Leona Lewis', there were some terrific singers in there and better than anything 1D did on the show, likely better than the individual acts too. Certainly better than the made up girl group, but all too cliched and hope they arent around too long.
  • Options
    twsstwss Posts: 437
    Forum Member
    Disgusting, ignorant children. "Leona Lewis - Run" tells you everything you need to know about the falseness of it all.
  • Options
    LocomoLocomo Posts: 942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Contrived, annoying, 8 solo singers with no cohesion, no harmonies......don't see the point. Hated it.
  • Options
    Kelli100Kelli100 Posts: 194
    Forum Member
    Was one of them the yodelling guy from last year?
  • Options
    Anya DAnya D Posts: 14,905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kelli100 wrote: »
    Was one of them the yodelling guy from last year?

Yes. I think he has a nice voice. Glad he ditched the yodelling.

I like that they kept them all. It probably won't work, but I'm pleased they gave them all a shot.
    MAkes a change from the standard five piece boy band.
  • Options
    grazemytvaddictgrazemytvaddict Posts: 4,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't enjoy them together but some of them had some really good voices.
  • Options
    mark e amark e a Posts: 2,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It didn't work for me. It was like an Xfactor charity single, where each act sings a line or two. When they sang together it didn't sound bad, but 8 good singers together should have had a wow factor. Perhaps it came across better in the arena.
  • Options
    GlassBalloonGlassBalloon Posts: 2,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    8 average singers pooled together to create 1 average oversized boyband. Nothing wrong with the performance, certainly wasn't anything special especially when they all sang together.
  • Options
    commentcomment Posts: 920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    James Graham should have been left solo, his voice is fantastic!
  • Options
    HitstasticHitstastic Posts: 8,633
    Forum Member
    comment wrote: »
    James Graham should have been left solo, his voice is fantastic!

Is he the one who sang the last solo part before the final chorus? Whoever that lad is, he's wasted in that group. Eight lads, only 1 with a genuinely good voice. The main problem with this boyband is that some of the others voices are so identikit that you could close your eyes and guess the wrong singer quite easily.
  • Options
    sara76sara76 Posts: 185
    Forum Member
    I really like them and absolutely adore James's voice....It gives me goosebumps!
  • Options
    Naa_KwaKaiNaa_KwaKai Posts: 1,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No boyband will ever be as good as N Sync, Backstreet Boys and Take That.
  • Options
    freeshatfreeshat Posts: 447
    Forum Member
    I could see the pound coins in front of Simon Cowell's eyes as the boys were singing.

One Direction will be heading for the dole queue soon at a job centre near you.
  • Options
    marsheymarshey Posts: 594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    These kids haven't been 'thrown together' during the last 24 hours. They've been contrived then coached over some time by the producers. Its as obvious as the nose on Simon Cowell's face!
  • Options
    Tom_MullenTom_Mullen Posts: 893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Doomed to fail I'm afraid..too big and unwieldy ..ridiculous that they couldn't weed out 2 or 3 of them as the standard of vocals was so variable during their first performance together....8 piece boy band will look like a mess.

Agree 8 of them on stage just didn't look right or work. It's a stupid idea and it just won't work. It should have 5 at the most.
  • Options
    andi84andi84 Posts: 2,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    freeshat wrote: »
    I could see the pound coins in front of Simon Cowell's eyes as the boys were singing.

One Direction will be heading for the dole queue soon at a job centre near you.

No way! That 8 piece boyband isn't going to take off, they're so bland and boring. Some good voices, yes, but zero personality.
    And by the way, I doubt One Direction are ever going to queue at a job centre :D Even if their single and albums sales go downhill from now on, they make tons of money from touring and merchandise...
  • Options
    sycamoresycamore Posts: 4,213
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some of them were really good, better than solo acts that have gone through. They were better than I expected.
  • Options
    ThiswillbefunThiswillbefun Posts: 10,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mark e a wrote: »
    It didn't work for me. It was like an Xfactor charity single, where each act sings a line or two. When they sang together it didn't sound bad, but 8 good singers together should have had a wow factor. Perhaps it came across better in the arena.

Maybe the plan is that after they've been given the final they'll sing Do They Know It's Christmas as their charity single. :(
  • Options
    TheAuburnEnigmaTheAuburnEnigma Posts: 17,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They're basically the middle ground between the Pussycat Dolls (original line-up with 6 members) and Blazin' Squad (had 10 members iirc) in terms of how many of them there are. It could work but it depends on the songs and how they work them. Also, not all of them need to solo, as in practically every band there's 1 or 2 lead singers and the rest do the backing (Spice Girls, Girls Aloud, Little Mix, The Saturdays would be exceptions - actually it's mainly boy/man bands that this rule applies to).

Should they get through to the live shows, I'll be interested in seeing how 'recognisable' they are - using my examples from before, I could name and put a face to all 6 members of the Pussycat Dolls. With Blazin' Squad, I can name most of them but I'd only be able to put the face to about half of them.

Some of them are better singers than the others, but that's the case for pretty much every band nowadays.