Walking Dead - Season 5 (US Sun/UK Mon) - No Spoilers

Comments

• mindsetmindset Posts: 23,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glen should have put a bullet in Aiden's head, more humane than letting the walkers rip him apart.
  • TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
    Forum Member
    excellent episode, one of this seaosns best

nice to see eugene save the day, sucks that poor noah die but will not miss aiden, i knew that gabrial was losing it but didnt think he would stab the people who saved him in the back

very bloody episode this week, only two more to go :-(
  • krazikrazi Posts: 911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Considering they risked their lives to save the priest he will definite end up paying for his betrayal. We all know how brutal Rick can be.

Not sure what Deanna can do they don't have any strong characters in their community hence why she let Rick's group in. A polite ask to leave is hardly going to work.
  • dantay24ukdantay24uk Posts: 2,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Carol has it all backward. I think the wife is beating the husband in this case, which will only be revealed after Rick has killed him. I think his drinking is to cover up the fact that he feels emasculated by his wife.

Over all though, another top notch episode. Was brutal in places. Gutted about Noah, angry about Gabriel, mortified for poor Glenn who went through possibly the most traumatic ordeal yet - aside from potentially Carl killing Lori.
  • bobblabobbla Posts: 11,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The voice shouting 'help, i need help' following Deanna and Gabriels chat. Do you think that was Glenn and co back and asking for help for Tara, or could it have been Maggie taking revenge on Gabriel?
  • OrdinaryMorningOrdinaryMorning Posts: 2,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where was our Queen in this episode? I don't like episodes not featuring her!
  • Otis HillOtis Hill Posts: 2,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shame about Noah but I guess his departure was inevitable since the actor got a role on a new pilot but I'd have rather they left his exit open e.g. he went on his own path and maybe rejoined the group later (if the pilot doesnt get picked up).

I'm starting to dislike Carol. I don't really like her behaviour towards the kid but I suppose she's wary of kids since Lizzie.

I really hope Tara survives.

Gabriel is an absolute worm. What did he hope to achieve by telling Deanna about the groups past? Surely he knows that if Deanna asks them to leave, and if Ricks group are as bad as he says, then Ricks group will just overpower the natives and seize control of Alexandria
  • Serial LurkerSerial Lurker Posts: 10,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't he also say to her that "they'll put their own lives ahead of yours"? I think Alexandria crew have got that one nailed down already.
  • Zeppelyn56Zeppelyn56 Posts: 455
    Forum Member
    These Alexandrians seem like a really incompetent bunch, must have been losing people every time they went out on a job, no wonder they need to recruit newcomers. On that point even thought they seemed to get out and about, none seemed to have picked up how to survive very well out there.
  • hopeless casehopeless case Posts: 5,245
    Forum Member
    Zeppelyn56 wrote: »
    These Alexandrians seem like a really incompetent bunch, must have been losing people every time they went out on a job, no wonder they need to recruit newcomers. On that point even thought they seemed to get out and about, none seemed to have picked up how to survive very well out there.

Yes, given the length of time since the outbreak, you'd think they would have developed better survival skills.

They had to build a wall, they go out quite a bit and they have been recruiting. Being as incompetent as they are seems lame to me, and having the tactic to so readily leave their comrades to their fate seems extremely unlikely. How many are there? The rate they are going down, houses must be coming available all the time.

Aside from that, really good episode. I loved the way the kid was hanging around Caril as though he was completely unfazed by her threats last week.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, given the length of time since the outbreak, you'd think they would have developed better survival skills.

They had to build a wall, they go out quite a bit and they have been recruiting. Being as incompetent as they are seems lame to me, and having the tactic to so readily leave their comrades to their fate seems extremely unlikely. How many are there? The rate they are going down, houses must be coming available all the time.

Aside from that, really good episode. I loved the way the kid was hanging around Caril as though he was completely unfazed by her threats last week.

What annoyed me was that they had all those walkers behind the fence in the warehouse and rather than use a knife on them there and then, they just left them, so that when something went wrong they were over run.

I would always kill as many walkers as possible if they were against a fence like that.
  • SupratadSupratad Posts: 10,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What annoyed me was that they had all those walkers behind the fence in the warehouse and rather than use a knife on them there and then, they just left them, so that when something went wrong they were over run.

I would always kill as many walkers as possible if they were against a fence like that.

Absolutely! They really set themselves up for the fall there. Poor leadership from Glenn all round really. He had two very weak and therefore extremely dangerous links that he failed to control, then they all got split up in the dark warehouse. They found the parts they needed but still royally ballsed up going out the way they came in.
  • hendollhendoll Posts: 5,646
    Forum Member
    dantay24uk wrote: »
    I think Carol has it all backward. I think the wife is beating the husband in this case, which will only be revealed after Rick has killed him. I think his drinking is to cover up the fact that he feels emasculated by his wife.

Over all though, another top notch episode. Was brutal in places. Gutted about Noah, angry about Gabriel, mortified for poor Glenn who went through possibly the most traumatic ordeal yet - aside from potentially Carl killing Lori.
    Very interesting theory. Why do you think this? Agree with everything else you say. Brilliant episode. I was a bit shocked at my bloodlust - I just wanted...coward guy...can't remember his name.. to be hung drawn quartered and left as a feast for walkers after what he did. Same with Gabriel. No mercy for such abject cowardice. Apart from Eugene, of course. The parallel there was a bit heavy handed but it still worked.
  • hendollhendoll Posts: 5,646
    Forum Member
    Verence wrote: »
    I know it says NO SPOILERS in the title but does that include talking about the trailer for next week's episode?
    YES! bit of a no-brainer, mate. No spoilers means that some of us DO NOT WANT TO KNOW anything about what happens next.
  • missbeeniemissbeenie Posts: 4,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hendoll wrote: »
    Very interesting theory. Why do you think this? Agree with everything else you say. Brilliant episode. I was a bit shocked at my bloodlust - I just wanted...coward guy...can't remember his name.. to be hung drawn quartered and left as a feast for walkers after what he did. Same with Gabriel. No mercy for such abject cowardice. Apart from Eugene, of course. The parallel there was a bit heavy handed but it still worked.

I agree with that poster, that's it's the wife and not the husband doing the beating. I thought I had missed something when Carole told Rick the husband was beating the child. I replayed it and saw that she had assumed it.

My reasoning is the lack of fear from the child to Carol. I couldn't understand why this child was not quaking in his boots once he saw her. However he seem to actively seek her out. Also last week, he said he told his mum everything, so couple that with this weeks revelations makes me believe that it's the mother who is the violent one.
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watched the talking dead and they showed a dummy they used for Noah with his face bitten off. No one mentioned it so it shows how good they are at the deception. I will fast forward that bit as I really don't like the gore. I read spoilers about Noah and Aaron dying and exactly how they died so it wasn't a surprise.

Do you not understand the meaning of no spoilers? >:(

Why was it necessary for you to mention that?

Expect the season finale to be ruined by people who can't keep their mouths shut!
  • Mairi_CameronMairi_Cameron Posts: 350
    Forum Member
    MrSuper wrote: »
    Do you not understand the meaning of no spoilers? >:(

Why was it necessary for you to mention that?

Expect the season finale to be ruined by people who can't keep their mouths shut!

Please explain how this was a spoiler when it was posted after the events had occurred? Are people not allowed to mention that spoilers are out there somewhere? Do readers here really have so little self control?

And for the person asking about discussing the trailer for next week, put it in spoiler tags, some people will want to talk about it and as I never get to see the trailers I'd certainly be curious!
  • SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please explain how this was a spoiler when it was posted after the events had occurred? Are people not allowed to mention that spoilers are out there somewhere? Do readers here really have so little self control?

And for the person asking about discussing the trailer for next week, put it in spoiler tags, some people will want to talk about it and as I never get to see the trailers I'd certainly be curious!

If you read the two names you will notice that one of them is very much still alive. So either they posted a big spoiler or they just messed up the names.
  • welshblobwelshblob Posts: 1,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh yes they seem to do this alot. Its the safest and most economical way to kill walkers so why not just do it. I'm surprised no one has invented a walker combine harvester machine that can quickly take huge herds of them out.

Generally though, at the back of my mind, I'm annoyed that they just haven't taken the logical move and sought out an island to live on such as Bermuda. Much easier to de-zombie, defend and become self sustained. You could even do it at the Florida keys but in ways be more vulnerable to other survivors.
  • Mairi_CameronMairi_Cameron Posts: 350
    Forum Member
    Schmiznurf wrote: »
    If you read the two names you will notice that one of them is very much still alive. So either they posted a big spoiler or they just messed up the names.

I keep getting Aaron and Aiden mixed up too, hopeless at remembering all the new people :(
  • AngiBearAngiBear Posts: 2,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I think people are right with the wife that is beating up Sam and Doctor Pete. When the owl sculpture was destroyed I believed it was the hubby doing it as he had seen Rick and Jessie at the party together but Sam destroyed the sculpture as he hates his mum. Doctor Pete drinks to 'forget' and I can see how a wife beating her husband would affect his masculinity too. Carol has a lot of experience in this area with Ed but I think people have got it right especially now that Carol has said to Rick that he has to kill him.

I also think that Sam wanted to forge a relationship with Carol as he maybe believed that she could also save him from his mum, also wanting the gun to protect himself.

Loving the way its all gone wrong so quickly too. Shame about poor Noah but I didn't ever really see him as in it for the long haul, pity he also kept his shooting skills a secret until then also as the boy done good with that long range shot.

Now we only have Rick, Carl, Glenn, Carol and Daryl from Season One it seems like survival of the fittest.
  • blackcat1blackcat1 Posts: 281
    Forum Member
    Great episode tonight , the tension is really building.
    Poor Noah , his death was pretty awful even by walking dead standards !
    The Alexandria people are basically cowards who run back behind their wall and will sacrifice anyone for their own safety , which is why the priest thinks it is such a paradise - he shut himself in his church and let his congregation die outside while he was safe .
    I also think that It will turn out to be the wife as the 'wrong un ' as the little boy destroyed HER sculpture , why would he do that if he was angry with his dad ?
  • SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess i'm one of the few who think it is the husband who is the abuser. I don't think the boy knocked the statue down because he hates his mum, but for attention because Jesse doesn't know what's going on.
  • Dilly DaydreamDilly Daydream Posts: 6,160
    Forum Member
    Where was our Queen in this episode? I don't like episodes not featuring her!

Assume you're talking about Michonne? I've gone right off her since she hung up her sword, she's gone soft.
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Schmiznurf wrote: »

Exactly. One is very much still alive. So either it's a mix-up with names or a spoiler reveal......