'British' teenagers apparently see Islamic State scum as "pop idols"

Comments

• John_HuxleyJohn_Huxley Posts: 2,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bollywood wrote: »
    Mmm John they offer a stipend, housing, relocation costs and food. Seriously who do you think they are attracting.

There are dirt poor people who will move their families there. Let's not be too naive.
    Their attracting Muslims and call them to Jihad whilst quoting quran.

"To all my brothers living in the west, I know how you feel [from] when I used to live there. In the heart you feel depressed. The cure for the depression is jihad … all my brothers, come to jihad and feel the honour we are feeling, feel the happiness we are feeling."

he 13-minute video, which was apparently filmed in Syria, features clips of the seated men speaking in English, littered with Arabic phrases and words – including some quotations from the Qur'an – interspersed with footage of Isis fighters on the march.
    -http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jun/20/jihadi-recruitment-video-islamist-terror-group-isis-features-britons
  • bollywoodbollywood Posts: 67,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Their attracting Muslims and call them to Jihad whilst quoting quran.

"To all my brothers living in the west, I know how you feel [from] when I used to live there. In the heart you feel depressed. The cure for the depression is jihad … all my brothers, come to jihad and feel the honour we are feeling, feel the happiness we are feeling."

he 13-minute video, which was apparently filmed in Syria, features clips of the seated men speaking in English, littered with Arabic phrases and words – including some quotations from the Qur'an – interspersed with footage of Isis fighters on the march.
    -http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jun/20/jihadi-recruitment-video-islamist-terror-group-isis-features-britons

They are taking anyone who can fly drive walk or crawl into Syria..
  • Guts and GloryGuts and Glory Posts: 1,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Anyone who is a Sunni Muslim, you mean.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Encouraging them to Jihad while quoting the quran.

So you were wrong, their recruitment revolves around the religion and jihad.

• jediknight2k1jediknight2k1 Posts: 6,892
    Forum Member

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/571075/Islamic-State-video-Kent-punk-rock-mother-Sally-Jones-leading-women-extremists

WATCH: Islamic State video 'shows British punk rock mother leading women extremists
    Mum-of-two Sally Jones, 45, of Chatham in Kent, is thought to feature in the video of gun-toting militants in al-Khanssaa Brigade – the all-women group set up by IS.

The former punk rocker escaped to the Middle East in 2013 after converting to Islam in the wake of the 2003 Iraq invasion.

She has changed her name to Umm Hussain al-Britani and claimed to have wed jihadi computer hacker Junaid Hussain, 20, who was jailed in 2012 for stealing personal information from former prime minister Tony Blair.

From Sally Jones to Jihadi Jane.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone who is a Sunni Muslim, you mean.

No they are taking other people.
    Forum Member

Such as ?

What insider information do you have today.
  • Guts and GloryGuts and Glory Posts: 1,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And in your bizarre parallel universe, who are these non-Muslims you speak of that are answering the call of Nutella in order to help build a non-Islamic caliphate?
  • Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    British Muslims.

Let's not be naive, there is university students there.

Ah but these are innocent young 'victims' who never realised that the most publicised group of terrorists in the world were actually a group of savage, murderous, medieval, fanatical scum.

The poor ickle dears. ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And in your bizarre parallel universe, who are these non-Muslims you speak of that are answering the call of Nutella in order to help build a non-Islamic caliphate?

I don't know if they are answering the siren call but non Muslims are recruited, here:

http://www.ibtimes.com/isis-recruiting-westerners-how-islamic-state-goes-after-non-muslims-recent-converts-west-1680076

Says they look for people who don't know the religion too much. ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know if they are answering the siren call but non Muslims are recruited, here:

http://www.ibtimes.com/isis-recruiting-westerners-how-islamic-state-goes-after-non-muslims-recent-converts-west-1680076
    Might want to read your article carefully as it doesn't state at all non-muslims are targeted.

Rather, according to your article talking with a former recruiter, they target young muslims and specifically ask them how knowledgeable they are of the religion.

Shaikh went to work for the Canadian government, doing “eye and ear verification” of suspected terrorist operations, after successfully giving what he called the “jihadi dawa,” call or invitation, to young Muslims.

“If they can Skype you, they’ll Skype you. They want to see what you look like. You can’t be that secretive with them,” Shaikh said. “If you know somebody, they’ll probably get in touch with someone from your place, whether you're American, Canadian or British. They’ll ask you what area you’re from, what scholars you know.”

It’s important for recruits to mention the “right mosques” and to choose the right mentor.

Your google skills failed you, funny ISIS wants to make sure their targets know of scholars, kind of like how you stress the scholars too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Might want to read your article carefully as it doesn't state at all non-muslims are targeted.

Rather, according to your article talking with a former recruiter, they target young muslims.

Shaikh went to work for the Canadian government, doing “eye and ear verification” of suspected terrorist operations, after successfully giving what he called the “jihadi dawa,” call or invitation, to young Muslims.

Your google skills failed you.

Nopey nope. A poster said Sunni Muslims. But it says it can be " anyone" as long as they pledge allegiance to ISIS.

And it further says they look for people who don't know much about their religion.

And many are ignorant of their religion.

What I said. ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nopey nope. A poster said Sunni Muslims. But it says it can be " anyone" as long as they pledge allegiance to ISIS.

And it further says they look for people who don't know much about their religion.

And many are ignorant of their religion.

What I said. ;-)
    Nope, you said this.
    Bollywood wrote:
    but non Muslims are recruited,
    Nowhere in the article does it state that, the closest you get is non-muslim nations.

It specifically mentions targetting young muslims, and asks them if they knew of scholars.

“If they can Skype you, they’ll Skype you. They want to see what you look like. You can’t be that secretive with them,” Shaikh said. “If you know somebody, they’ll probably get in touch with someone from your place, whether you're American, Canadian or British. They’ll ask you what area you’re from, what scholars you know.”

It’s important for recruits to mention the “right mosques” and to choose the right mentor.

I remember you gave us 120 and other scholar's whom advocated death to apostates, seem's like your advocacy of scholars would only encourage islamic extremism.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't bother parsing words John. They recruit non Muslims.

And those who are extraordinarily ignorant of their religion.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's pretty important to read an article if you make statements of it, which you were wrong.

Furthermore ISIS ask's what scholars their recruits know, and you encourage and gave us 120 and more scholars to consider authoritative, that support killing apostates by signing the letter stating thus:

"Hudud punishments are fixed in the Qur’an and Hadith and are unquestionably obligatory in Islamic Law"

Narrated Ikrima:
    Ali burnt some people and this news reached Ibn 'Abbas, who said, "Had I been in his place I would not have burnt them, as the Prophet said, 'Don't punish (anybody) with Allah's Punishment.' No doubt, I would have killed them, for the Prophet said, 'If somebody (a Muslim) discards his religion, kill him.' "
    -http://www.usc.edu/org/cmje/religious-texts/hadith/bukhari/052-sbt.php#004.052.260

Furthermore you cited Al-Ghazali as well, whom was reported thus:

Sheik Ghazali told an Egyptian court that anyone who openly resisted the full imposition of Islamic law was an apostate who should be killed either by the government or by devout individuals.
    http://www.nytimes.com/1996/03/14/wo...d-scholar.html
  • exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    Don't bother parsing words John. They recruit non Muslims..
    Why would they recruit non muslims when they are murdering non muslims because they are non muslims?
    Forum Member

And those who are extraordinarily ignorant of their religion.

It means they are recruiting through specific mosques. If you want join Islamic State and reach Syria then you have mention the 'specific mosque' so they know they have the right person.

British Muslims in certain mosques are joining Islamic State because they have people around Europe as initial point of contact.

Why would non-Muslims join the jihad ?
    Forum Member
    Support for ISIS is running second only to support for Christianity.

That can only mean muslim support then which means ISIS are islamic, thanks for clearing it up.
  • sutiesutie Posts: 32,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:D:D:D
  • sutiesutie Posts: 32,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why would they recruit non muslims when they are murdering non muslims because they are non muslims?

That question is far too logical.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It means they are recruiting through specific mosques. If you want join Islamic State and reach Syria then you have mention the 'specific mosque' so they know they have the right person.

British Muslims in certain mosques are being joining Islamic State because they have people around Europe as initial point of contact.

Why would non-Muslims join the jihad ?

They are looking for nurses:

http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/mobile/?articleID=2000157705&story_title=Shock%20as%20ISIS%20seek%20to%20recruit%20nurses%20into%20terror%20group

Notice no Muslim requirement.
    Forum Member
    sutie wrote: »
    That question is far too logical.

Notice how bolly won't answer questions, disapears for hours then comes back and sidetracks the thread to another discussion.

Classic deflection:D
    Forum Member

Which means the non-Muslin nurses aren't going because they are still looking :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can also read their rules for women under ISIS.

http://www.quilliamfoundation.org/wp/wp-content/uploads/publications/free/women-of-the-islamic-state3.pdf

as referenced here:

In the recruitment manifesto, Arab women are encouraged to come to Syria and Iraq where they can live the “sedentary” lifestyle led by responsibilities in the home, which is their “divinely appointed right” in line with Shariah “and the methodology of life that was ordained by God”.

More worrying is the advice on what age children can be married to Isis fighters. “It is considered legitimate,” the document says, “for a girl to be married at the age of nine.
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/life-as-a-woman-under-isis-document-reveals-for-the-first-time-what-group-really-expects-from-female-recruits-living-in-syria-and-iraq-10025143.html

Ahh yes so they took inspiration from Muhammad marrying 9 year old Aisha.

Seem's like the Islamic religion inspires their acts.
    Forum Member
    Can't they speak fluent English then?