Gwen Stefani

kieranyeah123kieranyeah123 Posts: 1,157
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I can't actually believe she's 42! Like 42?! I mean, if you had said to me she was a couple of years older than Lady Gaga I'd believe you!

My Mum's 47 and no disrespect to her but she does look her age, and someone who's 5 years younger looks around 15 it's mental!

Oh and I'm glad No Doubt have back, Settle Down has been on constant play :D

Comments

• Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    Yeah. I guess the Hollaback Girl video was the best example of this really. A woman in her mid-30's pulling off being a high school cheerleader is just mental. :D
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After hearing Settle Down, I wish she'd start work on solo album number 3 pronto!
  • elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She does seem eternally youthful.

I love her solo albums.
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,916
    Forum Member
    I don't think that it's au natural though ;)

she's one very cool lady, I love her
  • auron87auron87 Posts: 922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Makson wrote: »
    After hearing Settle Down, I wish she'd start work on solo album number 3 pronto!

No, no, no, no, no and no
  • WillardWillard Posts: 496
    Forum Member
    She has always looked good. I remember in 1997 when No Doubt were first getting popular in the UK, I was thinking she was so beautiful and was saying so at school and everyone was like 'who's Gwen Stefani?' I never would have thought in 2012 she'd still look so nice and fresh! Go Gwen.

I also like to say, a lot of people see beauty as just the face but her body looks good too and you can't exactly botox muscles, she definitely works for her appearance and it's obvious! Fair play to her! :) Although she has quite an iconic look that she's kept forever so maybe we're just used to seeing her that way were as other artists change image a lot, either way love Settle Down and No Doubt!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    auron87 wrote: »
    No, no, no, no, no and no

Solo Gwen is love!
    We need a follow up to The Sweet Escape.
  • JournalJournal Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loved her solo material, thats what first caught my attention, but I'd sooner take No Doubt action than no action! Settle Down is a fantastic return, hope it does well for them.
  • tracystapestracystapes Posts: 3,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been revisiting her solo stuff lately, it's brilliant! Pure pop but quite clever too. I love 'Hollaback girl' and 'What you waiting for'. Underrated ones are 'Harajuku girls' and '4 in the morning'.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh wow I thought she was 31 : o
  • Sifter22Sifter22 Posts: 12,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Definitely looks great. Always had a MASSIVE crush on her since the 90's.
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,916
    Forum Member
    I put The Sweet Escape back on my iPod today. :) I've always loved this album.
  • Blossom85Blossom85 Posts: 1,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gwen looks just as good now as she did back in 1997. :)

I loved her first solo album but her second one was more of a mixed bag, IMO, but when my friend and I saw her on 'The Sweet Escape' tour (the night before her birthday) I actually thought a lot of the songs from the second album sounded better live than on CD. At one point, she got a birthday card from someone in the front row and invited said fan up on stage, jumping into her arms as their picture was taken.

When my brother attended the 2002 'Witnness Festival' (now 'Oxegen') No Doubt were onstage performing 'Just A Girl' and Gwen actually climbed up to the top of the metal scaffolding without a harness!

:D
  • That_GuyThat_Guy Posts: 1,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is beautiful. One of the most stunning women living.
  • Rip the TV EyeRip the TV Eye Posts: 1,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would advise fans to check out her duet with Brian Setzer on You're The Boss.

She could work well with many genres of music.
  • speigelspeigel Posts: 1,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    im os glad she's decided not to do solo stuff anymore. No DOubt are brilliant though
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Solo Gwen is love
  • NicoleRichNicoleRich Posts: 2,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wish she would make a 3rd solo album. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Gwen. I agree she doesn't seem to have aged a day since the 90s. She's really quite beautiful.
  • JFDonaghyJFDonaghy Posts: 976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    she must drink from the same fountain of youth as Pharrell and Nas.
    got to say, as a male..her song Cool is one of my guilty pleasure songs after hearing it in the film Somewhere.