'Best Daytime Soap' at the British Soap Awards?

PaulRobinsonFanPaulRobinsonFan Posts: 3,092
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Should there be a best Daytime Soap Award at the British Soap Awards?

Comments

• priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isnt Doctors the only daytime soap as its the British soap awards the Aussie ones wont count, so i dont think that category would work.
  • PaulRobinsonFanPaulRobinsonFan Posts: 3,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The BSA have become a little boring with only 5 groups of cast appearing. it would be nice to see Home And Away should be include and too, Neighbours. They are just as entertaining as the others.

The Daytime cateogory encourages daytime serial drama and competition.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The BSA have become a little boring with only 5 groups of cast appearing. it would be nice to see Home And Away should be include and too, Neighbours. They are just as entertaining as the others.

The Daytime cateogory encourages daytime serial drama and competition.

It would be a bit weird to have AUSSIE soaps at a BRITISH soap award:D
  • FallingPianoFallingPiano Posts: 962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

There's a reason why they're called the BRITISH Soap Awards.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's a reason why they're called the BRITISH Soap Awards.

which are shown on british screens.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like others have said the clue is in the title!

The British Soap Awards ceremony is all about celebrating British Soaps. It's up to Australia to celebrate Neighbours and Home and Away.

Both are already included in the National Television Awards.
  • flbkabflbkab Posts: 8,806
    Forum Member
    which are shown on british screens.

Being shown in the UK does not make them British though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    flbkab wrote: »
    Being shown in the UK does not make them British though.

I think if actors borned outside the UK are nominted then any show should be nominated
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think if actors borned outside the UK are nominted then any show should be nominated

If they're acting in a British soap then obviously they're going to get nominated for the BSA, but if they're acting in non British soaps it doesnt make sense since the awards are called British Soap Awards.
  • Louise32Louise32 Posts: 6,784
    Forum Member
    Strictly speaking though Australia is part of the British Commonwealth so possibly could be nominated on those grounds.
  • dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,281
    Forum Member
    Oh joy its this thread AGAIN! no they are not british and shouldnt be included. The BSAs are to praise our own grown soaps and thats how it should be.
  • StarryNightStarryNight Posts: 7,289
    Forum Member
    I'm not sure but I think they used to be included in a category in the early years of the soap awards but to be honest I don't see the point in including them. We all know the soap awards will be dominated by EE and Corrie anyway, whats the point in putting in the Aussie Soaps who have no chance.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure but I think they used to be included in a category in the early years of the soap awards but to be honest I don't see the point in including them. We all know the soap awards will be dominated by EE and Corrie anyway, whats the point in putting in the Aussie Soaps who have no chance.

You actually have a point there. But it is nice to add a little diveristy to these shows.
  • Simon-SmithSimon-Smith Posts: 2,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Louise32 wrote: »
    Strictly speaking though Australia is part of the British Commonwealth so possibly could be nominated on those grounds.

:D good one
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it should happen.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    4 soaps included in the BSA, time for neighbours and H&A to join the pack to make it a little interesting!
  • Face Of JackFace Of Jack Posts: 7,181
    Forum Member
    I think the BSA should have a section for "Best Classic Soap" :-
    ie: Crossroads (1964 - 1988)
    Brookside (1981 - 2003?)
    General Hospital (1972 - 1979?)

etc....I'm sure there were many more!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Channel 5 I believe pays for the prodcution of Home And Away doesn't it?
  • StreetishStreetish Posts: 266
    Forum Member
    Brookside (1981 - 2003?)

Why not? :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brookside (1981 - 2003?)

that's a much better suggestion than including non-british soaps at the british soap awards. except it's sort of a one time thing....

the whole point is to award the soaps written, produced, acted and made in britain. not in a foreign country and then shown in britain. "diversity" has nothing to do with it. like someone else said, if H&A and neighbours is going to be awarded, it's up to australia, their home country, to do that, unless it's in some ceremony that isn't specifically about homegrown british, but covers everythign, like the NTAs.
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    Should there be a best Daytime Soap Award at the British Soap Awards?

Great idea..Doctors would win it, and rightly so.:D
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It'd just be a way of giving an award to Doctors, considering that the programme hardly ever wins a thing when up against the big soaps!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 342
    Forum Member
    Maybe an award for Best International Soap, a bit like at the Brit Awards when there's a Best International Male/Female. Normally they have someone from Home and Away or Neighbours presenting an award, but would be good for an actual award, especially when Channel 5 pays a lot of Neighbours and Home and Away's budgets.
  • BellaroooBellarooo Posts: 2,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they should be included, maybe as best international soap
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The BSA is voting nomination is open tomorrow I hope Neighbours and Home And Away are included