Options

Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 9)

Comments

• Options
    eveningstareveningstar Posts: 19,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Buy Crispello, it'll make your girlfriend fancy your dad.
    Buy Crispello and your sons girlfriend will hit on your husband.

Can't see why anyone would think the message of this ad could be a selling point.
  • Options
    milkybarnickmilkybarnick Posts: 605
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can I put a shout in here for those sodding Jacobs Creek sponsorship trailers on the Jonathan Ross show? They're horrid!

"I like it. I don't know why, I just... do!"

Aaaargh! They make my skin crawl.
  • Options
    Mazrim TaimMazrim Taim Posts: 421
    Forum Member
    LolaSvelt wrote: »
    How about that toilet paper advert where they ask the nation if they scrunch or fold? Who the devil scrunches their toilet paper? That's just...gross.

Those that buy Izal, as it is reminiscient of fine sand paper. :D

Happy rubbing.
    Maz
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    When I was at school (primary) toilet paper was more like tracing paper :eek:
  • Options
    chuffsterchuffster Posts: 8,816
    Forum Member
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    When I was at school (primary) toilet paper was more like tracing paper :eek:

It certainly left traces of something behind...
  • Options
    manic maniacmanic maniac Posts: 110
    Forum Member
    Some worst adverts: :p

20. National Accident Helpline - This ad has been coming on again in the past week with the supposed dogs/turds singing "Heard It Through The Grapevine, National Accident Helpline." Anyone noticed the female dog singing it in a male voice? :confused: Annoying advert, but it's old, so it's no' the worst.

19. Head'N'Shoulders - This ad has been steadily annoying me for a bit now, with the football player that collapses on the field clutching his head in what you think would be an advert for Nuerofen/headache tablets or something, but no, his head is so itchy (check for head lice, anyone? :p) because he hasn't had his hair shampooed, in which he gets done on the field. Stupid advert.

18. Moneysupermarket - Fat-arsed Alan is still here with his NASA-inspired crap.

17. More Than - Another advert using the "big stupid parade over nothing theme", just like the Yorkshire Tea ad.

16. Ladbrokes - Haven't seen the idiotic screaming fogie in a while, to be honest. :)

15. Santander - Big, well-known A-list sports stars in their ads, just smacks of smugness, Rory Mcilroy is still very creepy, and they won't go away.

14. Secret Escapes - The stupid "whispery wummin" is still here on our boxes and getting on our nerves and has been offered a part in the new Nightmare On Elm Street film to whisper-sing the creepy nursery rhyme.

13. Dairy Lea - I wish those kids would just close that damn door and just leave it feckin' shut . . . :mad:

12. BT - I see BT is back with a new advert doing what they do best, creating brand new stories for characters that we couldn't care less about. This time the two flatmates (the son of the dad who got married or whatever and her with the thousand demented facial expressions she's been offered a new leading role in the new House Of Wax sequel movie) try to get the creepy weirdo stalker a date online after he seems to have gone off the girl he lives with successful results, and I for one can't bloody WAIT to see what happens next. :rolleyes: WHO CARES. :mad:

11. Tony Macaroni - And finally I'm still hearing that stupid woman singing that horrific song about this particular Italian restaurant.

:p
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    The More Than ad is annoying, I'm proud to live in St, Albans but the ad is rather silly.
  • Options
    GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Corsodyl - "For people who spit blood when they brush their teeth." DISGUSTING! :mad:
  • Options
    ilovenicnacsilovenicnacs Posts: 43,377
    Forum Member
    BT- how do those three who are supposed to be Uni students afford all this expensive stuff, and the flatmate who buys the tickets for the gig online - in 10 seconds!!!!! , he must have a credit card to do that, yet student loans only give kids around £100 a month to live on after rent and bills...

Ps - someone needs to tell the "original" BT boy his dad is moving to Guadalupe :D (Death in Paradise fans will know what I mean).
  • Options
    TarotTarot Posts: 11,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

13. Dairy Lea - I wish those kids would just close that damn door and just leave it feckin' shut . . . :mad:

I know what you mean about the Dairy Lea advert:

'Mooo....giggles '
    'Mooo....giggles '
    'Mooo....giggles '

:sleep:
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    The classical music intro/ident for the Champions League football. Very annoying.

Gazpron or something. I thought it was to do with hartburn when I first heard the name :D
  • Options
    halstationhalstation Posts: 502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    The classical music intro/ident for the Champions League football. Very annoying.

Gazpron or something. I thought it was to do with hartburn when I first heard the name :D

A rather odd company to sponsor the Champions League. You can't exactly pop to the shops and buy some "Gazprom" can you?:confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 304
    Forum Member
    Getting rather sick of that mustached, beer bellied guy in sunglasses walking along a beach for what seems ages and ages to a piece of music, stepping over other sunbathers etc and making us think what holiday company is this for, where is it so we can avoid him or the hotel perhaps, only to find out at the end it's for a drink :confused:
  • Options
    Emma_WaughmanEmma_Waughman Posts: 12,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That Mexican advert with them three men singing East 17,so annoying and i dont even like the stuff.

The National Accident Helpline advert. Thats annoying aswell.

The magnum advert,what really grinds me about that advert is that the voice doesnt even go along with the girls voice when she says on the phone `It grows back`,your what,mustache?.

Infact all adverts that dont have the voice and mouth in sync annoy me like that advert with that couple in Paris and they get distracted by this man who guides them to this cheese.
  • Options
    eviled2010eviled2010 Posts: 23,051
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Christ, one annoying bloody song after another. Nearly every ad these days has some song or piece of music in it that yawps on and on and on, it's enough to drive you mental!
    These ad men/women are a curse on society.
  • Options
    TheGrumpWizardTheGrumpWizard Posts: 1,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Buy Crispello, it'll make your girlfriend fancy your dad.
    Buy Crispello and your sons girlfriend will hit on your husband.

Can't see why anyone would think the message of this ad could be a selling point.
    Dads will.
  • Options
    doormouse1doormouse1 Posts: 5,431
    Forum Member
    Safestyle windows.

That scary man with the manic stare is back.
    Only he's fatter now and has a nice new red dressing gown and not the old green one.

How is yelling, pushing things over and maniacal close-ups of bulging eyeballs and gleaming choppers supposed to persuade anyone to buy double glazing?

The man looks unhinged. I'd be frightened to order his double-glazing in case he came to my house in person - I wouldn't be sleeping easily if he knew where I lived ....
  • Options
    manic maniacmanic maniac Posts: 110
    Forum Member
    doormouse1 wrote: »
    Safestyle windows.

That scary man with the manic stare is back.
    Only he's fatter now and has a nice new red dressing gown and not the old green one.

How is yelling, pushing things over and maniacal close-ups of bulging eyeballs and gleaming choppers supposed to persuade anyone to buy double glazing?

The man looks unhinged. I'd be frightened to order his double-glazing in case he came to my house in person - I wouldn't be sleeping easily if he knew where I lived ....

Haha, I know what you mean, he is bloody terrifying :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Them two 811 twins at the end of every movie on itv2
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That Andrew Castle fella with the flowers for insurance, bloody awful, he thinks so much of himself does Andy . .
    Nob . .
  • Options
    ThePenkethPedanThePenkethPedan Posts: 347
    Forum Member
    Used to like the `Plenty` kitchen-towel ads with the fake(?) Spaniard, but I think that the recent ones have been disappointing.
    Endorse everything said about the "You Buy One, You Get One Free" double-glazing ad. My wife becomes particularly distressed by it - I think mainly due to the shouting.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Used to like the `Plenty` kitchen-towel ads with the fake(?) Spaniard, but I think that the recent ones have been disappointing.
    Endorse everything said about the "You Buy One, You Get One Free" double-glazing ad. My wife becomes particularly distressed by it - I think mainly due to the shouting.

one shit does plenty
  • Options
    EastEnders-1105EastEnders-1105 Posts: 11,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    one shit does plenty

just about to say that and also
    i have a nother name for him :rolleyes:
    One shit
  • Options
    ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    "Yeah, it is a bit fun dad"

Say whaaaat? If he's a dad, wouldn't being fun be a good thing?! Or is 'dad' itself just a negative term now?!

...And if he's not a dad, then frankly, it's even more strange. Why would you call a guy, who only looks to be in his 20's a dad if he isn't?

Then again, this is duran duran girl.
  • Options
    ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    What the. Just seem the Crispello Ad for the first time.

Weird and slightly disturbing.
    And another ad that is only probably allowed because it's a girl singing about the dad. I'm sure if it was the guy singing about the mom people would complain.

Yeah, that ad makes no sense. It's clearly aiming at the female market by attemping to be funny, at the expense of some hapless man. Way to insult half your market, just like the kinder bueno ad. Men eat chocolate too!
This discussion has been closed.