NEW:Family Guy when?

Comments

• pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, this is a new deal remember, so maybe they have obtained the rights with this new contract but can't start showing it until July?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    Paddy C wrote: »
    Well, this is a new deal remember, so maybe they have obtained the rights with this new contract but can't start showing it until July?

We're not 100% on it being a new deal, we just know the rights expire this year (this could be the last season included in the deal).

And the Wilfred contract from last year didn't include iPlayer rights, so why would Fox (or the BBC) change their minds now?
  • ItsallaboutyouItsallaboutyou Posts: 1,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    July?! I suppose its late this year as their is no major sporting tournament (Euros/World Cup/Olympics) this year or we have to endure Grimshaw til then..

Any idea when in July?

As for Wilfred...why renew a show that gets no viewers?
    Forum Member
    As for Wilfred...why renew a show that gets no viewers?

It's cheap. Wilfred is an import, and probably not an expensive one at that. It also counts as original programming, and will be significantly cheaper than producing their own original programming. It's also easily repeatable.

Also, there hasn't been confirmation that BBC Three has picked up season 3 yet...
  • IC89IC89 Posts: 1,636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suspect(?) one of the problems is that the US airing have taken so bloody long.

Season 11 started in September 2012 and we still haven't finished it. With breaks for Xmas and sporting events there have been some horrendously long gaps between episodes which have really meant the season has been so stop-start.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    IC89 wrote: »
    I suspect(?) one of the problems is that the US airing have taken so bloody long.

Season 11 started in September 2012 and we still haven't finished it. With breaks for Xmas and sporting events there have been some horrendously long gaps between episodes which have really meant the season has been so stop-start.

That's the normal airing pattern for Family Guy in the US, it always starts in September and finishes in May (the double bill season finale airs this Sunday on Fox), this year is no different to previous years.
  • ocavocav Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if they will air the "Boston Bombing" one despite the fact it was faked on YouTube
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    ocav wrote: »
    I wonder if they will air the "Boston Bombing" one despite the fact it was faked on YouTube

I don't see why they wouldn't air the episode. The YouTube edit is nothing like the scene that's in the actual episode. In the real episode Peter is seen driving over marathon runners in his car during a brief cut-away gag (that might get cut depending on how sensitive the BBC are feeling), nowhere is there any mention of bombing the marathon, and the explosion that occurs at the end of that YouTube clip is from the end of the episode and it doesn't have anything to do with bombing a marathon.
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just read on Face book its back in September in the US for next season.
    Hard to believe how far behind it is here but I find the downloads are far better quality and even in HD to.
    Forum Member
    Just read on Face book its back in September in the US for next season.
    Hard to believe how far behind it is here but I find the downloads are far better quality and even in HD to.

It's normally delayed until May, presumably because of the US' erratic scheduling. But the BBC have only recently renewed the contract. It's probably got the next available slot, but there perhaps hasn't been one. (He says preparing to be slated by somebody who follows BBC Three's schedules religiously)
  • familyguy8904familyguy8904 Posts: 2,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do anyone know if BBC have confirm the date to when they going to show new series of Family Guy?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well the vote for best Griffin closed May 31st. Next Sunday's schedule is not known and to me it's unlikely it will be shown. Potentially it's a 4 to 9 week delay between a vote and the new episode being shown. What are they on?

This leaves 14, 21 and 28th July as possible, but who knows? Potentially we are now ONE year behind.

American Dad, potentially TWO years behind. I can see why people go online and look for it. This is not good.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 77
    Forum Member
    Paddy C wrote: »

this seems to indicate it is a new deal, all they say is summer. as for iplayer, we can always hope!

http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2013/05/bbc-three-picks-up-uk-rights-to-family-guy-season-11-wilfred-season-3/
    Forum Member
    Well the vote for best Griffin closed May 31st. Next Sunday's schedule is not known and to me it's unlikely it will be shown. Potentially it's a 4 to 9 week delay between a vote and the new episode being shown. What are they on?

This leaves 14, 21 and 28th July as possible, but who knows? Potentially we are now ONE year behind.

American Dad, potentially TWO years behind. I can see why people go online and look for it. This is not good.

American Dad is always two years behind on the BBC, but that's second run, so it's slightly more excusable.

American Dad premieres on Fox 1.5 years after the US, DVD 1.75 yrs after the US and on BBC Three 2 years after the US...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rickywal wrote: »
    this seems to indicate it is a new deal, all they say is summer. as for iplayer, we can always hope!

http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2013/05/bbc-three-picks-up-uk-rights-to-family-guy-season-11-wilfred-season-3/

Summer can be anything from now til the middle of September! If FG is held off until then, that will cause an uproar.

Wilfred - are the BBC secretly paying Elijah Wood to allow this shit on? It NEVER makes the top 10 of their viewing figures.
    Forum Member
    Wilfred - are the BBC secretly paying Elijah Wood to allow this shit on? It NEVER makes the top 10 of their viewing figures.

As I said earlier on:
    It's cheap. Wilfred is an import, and probably not an expensive one at that. So is probably very good value for money.

It technically counts as original programming, and will be significantly cheaper than producing their own original programming, so looks good on quotas.

It's also easily repeatable, so they might decide to repeat it a couple of nights a week, like they do with Family Guy (only less often because there's only 36 episodes after season 3 is complete)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry if this have already been said but I hear that new season of Family Guy will be start showing from 28th July at 10pm. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry if this have already been said but I hear that new season of Family Guy will be start showing from 28th July at 10pm. :)

Sadly I was wrong and new series of Family Guy season 11 will be show from next Sunday (21st) July at 10pm with Greatest Freakin' Griffin viewers vote! kick off at 10pm next Saturday from six to three with second and first showing on Sunday.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b037k6j1

^^ The preview of first episode on that link too. :)
  • DarthFaderDarthFader Posts: 3,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What are people's thoughts on the new series on BBC Three? I have liked the first couple but hate time machine ones. How do the explain the family not finding it when the tidy up etc? Also why is there double episodes some weeks then not and then back to double again? I hope BBC Three HD hurries up.

PJ
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    DarthFader wrote: »
    What are people's thoughts on the new series on BBC Three? I have liked the first couple but hate time machine ones. How do the explain the family not finding it when the tidy up etc? Also why is there double episodes some weeks then not and then back to double again? I hope BBC Three HD hurries up.

PJ

I suspect tonight's double bill is because the 2nd episode is the 200th one which is a behind the scenes show.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DarthFader wrote: »

PJ

The time going in reverse one is a complete rip off, its been done so many times by so many other shows. Red Dwarf did it best in 1989 with "backwards" IMO.

Why are they not talking backwards? Yep, lazy writing.
  • RickyBarbyRickyBarby Posts: 5,902
    Forum Member
    Old.Tallen wrote: »
    The time going in reverse one is a complete rip off, its been done so many times by so many other shows. Red Dwarf did it best in 1989 with "backwards" IMO.

Why are they not talking backwards? Yep, lazy writing.

I like time travel episodes. I like it were stewie's poo went back in.

the sick went back into stewie and brian.
    and stewie went back in
    to lois.

why did they not go back to the present at the end of the episode.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to say four eps in....I am impressed. Last nights was a tad weird, but enjoyable. The weakest was the Cancer cure one, especially as the ending was very abrupt.
  • oldhagoldhag Posts: 2,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last night's was the best so far. Except it wasn't two new episodes as advertised. Although it was interesting watching the cast and crew chatting!
  • DandemDandem Posts: 13,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Peter/Giant Chicken fight in reverse was pretty epic to be fair.