100gb 4gee data free

Comments

• JFCJFC Posts: 569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    moox wrote: »
    Are EE hotter than 3 on detecting devices? 3 only seem to be aware of the IMEIs of mobile broadband devices they sold, anything they didn't sell or was bought SIM free didn't immediately set off their system

I've used an EE phone SIM with "phone" data in the same device with no issues, so I doubt it'll be any different - and at least it's free if it doesn't work

Can you recommend a MIFI/Dongle that is none Three branded and available on the open market please?
  • jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
    Forum Member
    Huawei E5786
  • Prof-xProf-x Posts: 298
    Forum Member
    pinkllama wrote: »
    Does the data start from when you receive the sim or from when you first use it?

My one plan unlimited tethering ends on the 9th of Jan so would like the 100gb per month to start nearer then.

I can't check the date as the EE store is down but this offer runs for at least another few weeks.

Order it nearer your cut off date and then you have 14 days to put it in a phone. The data starts as soon as you put it in the phone and your phone requests data which these days is usually immediately.

Just check when the offer runs until and order as close to the end date as you can to accommodate your three contract ending.
  • Zee_BukhariZee_Bukhari Posts: 1,335
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    if I already have an EE number will I be able to transfer it to this new 100GB account?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 490
    Forum Member
    I've ordered one of these and I'm wondering if I can actually use it full time, as my main SIM when it arrives?

I'm on the One Plan, so could I set that SIM to forward all calls to the EE number?

Do all 'forwarded' calls come out of the 2000 inclusive minutes?
  • d123d123 Posts: 8,605
    Forum Member
    Prof-x wrote: »
    I can't check the date as the EE store is down but this offer runs for at least another few weeks.

Order it nearer your cut off date and then you have 14 days to put it in a phone. The data starts as soon as you put it in the phone and your phone requests data which these days is usually immediately.

Just check when the offer runs until and order as close to the end date as you can to accommodate your three contract ending.

It's the 21st of December.

The terms:
    Limited Edition SIM: Sign up by 23:59 on 21st December 2014 to get a UK data allowance of 100GB each month for 2 consecutive months for free. You’ll also get weekly text messages with exclusive content. Put the SIM in your phone within 14 days of getting it. Data lasts for 30 days or until it runs out, whichever happens first and does not roll over to the next month. One SIM per customer over 16 only. Limited 4G coverage, see ee.co.uk/coverage. Top up £10 before midnight on the day after you activate your SIM, it will be used automatically to buy 30 days of 250 minutes and unlimited texts. We’ll contact you with special offers. Terms apply, see ee.co.uk/terms.

Discount: Only available for customers with a Limited Edition SIM via a special phone number before 23:59 on 4th Jan 2015. Phones available while stocks last. One discount per customer. Offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, discount or promotions.
    if I already have an EE number will I be able to transfer it to this new 100GB account?

Highly unlikely.
    I've ordered one of these and I'm wondering if I can actually use it full time, as my main SIM when it arrives?

I'm on the One Plan, so could I set that SIM to forward all calls to the EE number?

Do all 'forwarded' calls come out of the 2000 inclusive minutes?

Forwarded calls do come out of the allowance, yes.
  • rasseru16rasseru16 Posts: 752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So you do you actually have to top-up at all to get the free data or not? *confused*
  • jonmorrisjonmorris Posts: 21,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pocket Lint implied the £10 top up was required, but I read it to mean it is to get minutes and texts.

If it does end up costing £20 I don't think I'll be too upset.
  • BagovBagov Posts: 142
    Forum Member
    The point that people on here are missing is that MOST people don't need unlimited data: they THINK they do, but don't.

Example (I sell mobile phones for EE, by the way): when I have an upgrade discussion with customers on a Tmobile Full Monty plan, they will often insist they "must have unlimited data". When I ask them if they know how much data they actually use,nine-out-of-ten have no clue. (The average UK Smartphone user uses about 2Gb per month.)

Whilst I appreciate there are people who do need large amounts of data, what EE are doing here is rather smart. People will go for this deal, and when they have a renewal/upgrade conversation, EE can point out "Well mrs customer, you've only been using X Gb per month. Our plans are hard-capped so you won't get bill-shock by going over.How deal x,y or z?"

So, whilst I know there will be people in this thread who absolutely MUST have a Petabyte per month, and want it for nunpence-halfpenny, you must realise EE basically don't want to give it you, and wish to concentrate on the needs of the majority of their customers.

I'm not saying it's right,nor saying it's wrong. It's just the way it is.

Tough old world, ain't it?
  • mooxmoox Posts: 18,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bagov wrote: »
    The point that people on here are missing is that MOST people don't need unlimited data: they THINK they do, but don't.

Example (I sell mobile phones for EE, by the way): when I have an upgrade discussion with customers on a Tmobile Full Monty plan, they will often insist they "must have unlimited data". When I ask them if they know how much data they actually use,nine-out-of-ten have no clue. (The average UK Smartphone user uses about 2Gb per month.)

Whilst I appreciate there are people who do need large amounts of data, what EE are doing here is rather smart. People will go for this deal, and when they have a renewal/upgrade conversation, EE can point out "Well mrs customer, you've only been using X Gb per month. Our plans are hard-capped so you won't get bill-shock by going over.How deal x,y or z?"

So, whilst I know there will be people in this thread who absolutely MUST have a Petabyte per month, and want it for nunpence-halfpenny, you must realise EE basically don't want to give it you, and wish to concentrate on the needs of the majority of their customers.

I'm not saying it's right,nor saying it's wrong. It's just the way it is.

Tough old world, ain't it?

The point of unlimited data for most people is never worrying about huge bills or counting every kilobyte to make it last - and it means not having to pay for an upgrade if I use it unusually heavily for a month.

EE's prices are pretty horrific for anyone who uses more than a couple of gigabytes a month.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EE's hard cap does at least stop bill shock. Chances are most people that run out will just wait, and won't even buy an add-on.

If course nobody needs unlimited. It's mostly for peace of mind, and what people need is enough data to last the month. Ideally not paying for too much, and not being capped or having run on charges.

That's the reason people want unlimited. However, a high allowance with affordable add ons is probably just as good for most people.
  • Zee_BukhariZee_Bukhari Posts: 1,335
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    knowing you have unlimited data lets you use as much as you feel without worrying about going over or reaching this "cap", even if you do use only 1 or 2GB per month.
  • jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
    Forum Member
    Bagov wrote: »

Agreed
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used just 1.2GB last month and 600MB was tethering. Part of that was down to me being unwell and also working at home and a nearby location each with Wi-Fi.

Nevertheless I won't be signing up to a 2GB tariff anytime soon.
  • Chris1973Chris1973 Posts: 670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Very true, however its suffice to say that there are people around who need more than 2gb or 4gb to tether, do Three offer such a handset tariff - No, so that is Three completely out of the equation for anybody who tethers more than 4GB worth (but not excessively so).

I would quite cheerfully swap AYCE phone Data, and a reduction silly amounts of minutes and texts for 15GB - 20GB a month of Data, which could be shared between the handset and tethering - EE tariff style.

All I need is a network, which offers say 15GB - 20GB of Data (inc tethering), about 10 minutes of free calls (for emergencies) and 0 texts for upto £25-ish a month. Probably not a lot to ask in the grand scale of things, but impossible to find.

Free 0800 calls aren't important to me either. I have no interest in filling my increasingly limited free time by using what little quality time I do have to endlessly ring call centres or helplines.

I imagine that many will use this EE offer to replace the void which Three has created, perhaps using it to add a few valuable extra GB to Three's 4GB tethering limit. It may also be used as a short term stop gap for those who don't want to sign a 24 month contract for Three's 15GB Mobile Data tariff.

Just because statistics show that most people probably wont realistically use anywhere near to the offered 100GB / month doesn't mean it isn't of any use, or won't fill a niche. Even if they only use 1GB worth from the offer, its still 1GB that they would have usually have had to pay for, if they had bought it as an add on.

Either way, most people who take advantage of the offer are set to save some money through doing so, regardless of how little they use it.

Until then, i'll enjoy the 100GB / month Data offer from EE, (even though i'll probably only use less than a tenth of it) and i'll worry about what else is available, and where to move to next, when the 2 months draws to a close.
  • Old EndeavourOld Endeavour Posts: 9,852
    Forum Member
    But won't the best case scenario go something like this:

"Oooo! Lovely and fast and 100 lovely GBs to abuse"

2 months later...

"They want how much for the next 100GBs? ****! ****! ****! OFF!"

So what is the long term marketing plan they are upto? It's can't ne so that fans can get updates from those two morons.
  • Chris1973Chris1973 Posts: 670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So what is the long term marketing plan they are upto? It's can't ne so that fans can get updates from those two morons.

Just because they send the text, doesn't mean i'll open and read it. :D
  • coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rasseru16 wrote: »
    So you do you actually have to top-up at all to get the free data or not? *confused*

It seems to be the case. Someone on the hotukdeals forums said their SIM isn't registered on the network. They phoned CS and were told to put £5 on. I don't see why they'd be told to put £5 on if no topup is needed.
    pinkllama wrote: »
    Does the data start from when you receive the sim or from when you first use it?

My one plan unlimited tethering ends on the 9th of Jan so would like the 100gb per month to start nearer then.

I heard that the data starts when you insert the SIM into your phone. So it doesn't seem you can just insert the SIM to activate it then wait until you want the data to start.

The terms say "the 100GB free data will start as soon as you use data", but people who've received their SIM say it starts when you insert the SIM so it seems to contradict that point about it starting as soon as you use data.

http://ee.co.uk/help/help-orphan-pages-/limited-edition-pay-as-you-go-sim-terms-and-conditions
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EE Tweeted me to confirm you don't have to top up anything, unless you want calls and texts.
  • rasseru16rasseru16 Posts: 752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jonmorris wrote: »
    EE Tweeted me to confirm you don't have to top up anything, unless you want calls and texts.

Woo hoo! Thanks jonmorris :)
  • mupet0000mupet0000 Posts: 629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would much rather be on EE for their network. I've tested out EE and Three where I live and work, EE gives me great 4G at home and 2G Edge at work. Three gives me very flaky 4G upstairs in my house, and no signal at work.

I'm on the £12.90 200 mins/5000 texts/AYCE data tariff, with a £5 recurring discount so it's extremely good value, £8 for unlimited data is nice. I use about 20GB a month and I'm sure I'd use more if they had better coverage.

I'm definitely going to try EE out again for at least a month with this 100GB data sim, wonder if I can use Three In Touch to use my Three number on wifi while using an EE sim?

I would like to see EE lower the price of their data, it's gonna be nice using their network but I'm never going to switch if they stick with their current pricing.
  • david16david16 Posts: 14,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

If that's true, it's like going into Gregg's the baker with a voucher for a free bridie and only coming out with the bridie.
  • Thine WonkThine Wonk Posts: 17,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    david16 wrote: »
    If that's true, it's like going into Gregg's the baker with a voucher for a free bridie and only coming out with the bridie.

I had to google that! you must be from Scotland then as I hadn't heard of those, unless it's just me :blush:
  • paulkerpaulker Posts: 927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Excellent. This will do nicely in my moto g 4g as a hotspot only.
  • iGeek2014iGeek2014 Posts: 573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Thank you for finding this out; out of all of the network operators here in Derby offering 4G EE are the only ones who seemingly have decent coverage where I live.