Options

Woodlice eat my subwoofer!!

Hi
I have had Logitech x-220 2.1 speakers for almost a year and a few months ago i noticed some woodlice going in and out of my subwoofer (wood) at the bottom. Only a couple but how many could be inside :mad: . Anyways i just checked and they're still eating my subwoofer lol.

If they got into anything electric they'll blow them :eek:
My room is very tidy.Damn wood-lice!

They work fine but could the woodlice cause any damage...

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 278
    Forum Member
    take the subwoofer outside and tip them out!

Then stop them from going in and out of the subwoofer.

Agnus
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 460
    Forum Member
    Do you live in a tent?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    afaik woodlice tend to like damp and dark conditions.
    They do good by eating rotten wood - so perhaps they are either just hidingfrom the light or have created a Mosh Pit in there!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 448
    Forum Member
    a04188 wrote:
    Hi
    I have had Logitech x-220 2.1 speakers for almost a year and a few months ago i noticed some woodlice going in and out of my subwoofer (wood) at the bottom. Only a couple but how many could be inside :mad: . Anyways i just checked and they're still eating my subwoofer lol.

If they got into anything electric they'll blow them :eek:
    My room is very tidy.Damn wood-lice!

They work fine but could the woodlice cause any damage...

I would suggest buying a tin of woodlice spay or powder, spay around the outside of the speaker and inside, I had woodlice once they tried to eat my wood flooring after one application they were history.

They lay eggs in the wood and it’s the babies that eat the wood, the spray will kill the eggs.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lol
    i've tipped them out before

Anyways the wood seems fine...im just worried about them inside but i don't think there would be very many because as i say i keep my room quite tidy...

cant say i live in a tent :(
  • Options
    gagdegagde Posts: 3,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    turn it up that soon blast em out no seriously my brother in law had the same problem a couple of years ago and i think he brought some spray
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 472
    Forum Member
    lol "Woodlice ate my subwoofer" sounds like a topic on Jerry Springer.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    buzzword wrote:
    lol "Woodlice ate my subwoofer" sounds like a topic on Jerry Springer.

haha :p

Anyways i have it loud quite a lot... Anyways at least its working fine. I suppose i could try a bit of spray :)

Anyways there is plenty of other wooden things i have...eat them :) but not my speakers.

Its not really a worry though unless they do any damage...
    But that would only be a small chance as i've had them a year but then again i seen this picture of an Xbox inside and it had blown up because a little bug thing (spider or something) was on top of the components :eek:
  • Options
    Richard46Richard46 Posts: 59,834
    Forum Member
    a04188 wrote:
    haha :p

Anyways i have it loud quite a lot... Anyways at least its working fine. I suppose i could try a bit of spray :)

Anyways there is plenty of other wooden things i have...eat them :) but not my speakers.

Its not really a worry though unless they do any damage...
    But that would only be a small chance as i've had them a year but then again i seen this picture of an Xbox inside and it had blown up because a little bug thing (spider or something) was on top of the components :eek:

Woodlice are attracted to low bass frequencies and this is a more common problem than is often realised. If you look very closely they are in fact tapping all their little feet in time with the music. Wood Beetles on the other hand are attracted to high-pitched sounds and tend to gather around tweeters.
    I suggest you make your speakers ticket only admission. You may need some kind of security around the reflex ports. I believe spiders are quite effective.
  • Options
    newsonthehournewsonthehour Posts: 1,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thejabba wrote:
    Do you live in a tent?

LOL - very funny ! ! !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    they are getting in the bottom where the front panel type thing meets the wood...i doubt they would go in the hole at the front because if i played music it blasts air through it...and they'd come back out :D
  • Options
    gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,625
    Forum Member
    How about smearing something like paraffin wax round the seal?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,102
    Forum Member
    Bug-gers for destroying expensive equipment. You could probably get away with blocking the vents on a sub to prevent it - and block the hole with a nicely painted-to-match styrofoam coffee cup. Drink the coffee first, and remember to remove it when watching a movie or everyone'll sound like Rambo.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Richard46 wrote:
    Woodlice are attracted to low bass frequencies and this is a more common problem than is often realised. If you look very closely they are in fact tapping all their little feet in time with the music. Wood Beetles on the other hand are attracted to high-pitched sounds and tend to gather around tweeters.
    I suggest you make your speakers ticket only admission. You may need some kind of security around the reflex ports. I believe spiders are quite effective.

ROFL, best post I've read today :)
  • Options
    broonalebroonale Posts: 5,472
    Forum Member

First prize for the subject of the week...

That reminds me... I better check mine... If there's anything in it then they must be hungry, much the same as me... lol.

Squash em'
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    broonale wrote:

First prize for the subject of the week...

That reminds me... I better check mine... If there's anything in it then they must be hungry, much the same as me... lol.

Squash em'

well thank you :)
    So whats my prize then :D
  • Options
    broonalebroonale Posts: 5,472
    Forum Member
    a04188 wrote:
    well thank you :)
    So whats my prize then :D

How bout a tin of DE-LOUSER and some wood filler..... :D:D