Options

Sky Sports - £10 per day!!

TeeGeeTeeGee Posts: 5,772
Forum Member
Sky have announced today that to attract non contract customers you will be able to get Sky Sports on your smartphone for £9.99 per day!

Still trying to work out who will benefit from this. :confused:

Comments

• Options
    RadiomikeRadiomike Posts: 7,949
    Forum Member
    TeeGee wrote: »
    Sky have announced today that to attract non contract customers you will be able to get Sky Sports on your smartphone for £9.99 per day!

Sky obviously but also anyone who wants access to Sky Sports through Now TV etc for a specific event. The price has to be high enough to stop Sky Sports subscribers simply changing to subscribing on a daily basis when they need it.
  • Options
    sodafountainsodafountain Posts: 16,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Indeed, it's a good idea for those that might want to watch 1 or 2 things a year, maybe the Manchester Derby match between Utd & City, or 1 of the many London Derby's, at £10 for the day, they can watch without having to spend the full £500 (?) minimum for the year?

In fact, you could watch Super Sunday for 20 weeks of the year for £200, still a cheaper option.

People have often asked "can i pay for just the 1 game", well, here it is, with the rest of the days showing as well.
  • Options
    Young TurksYoung Turks Posts: 3,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clearly those guys who decide prices live on a different planet to us :D

£300pm for Sky Sports!

Mind you that's not too bad at least it £10.00 a day not per hour then customers would have to pay just £7,300.00 a month :D:D
  • Options
    clubfoot fcclubfoot fc Posts: 254
    Forum Member
    TeeGee wrote: »

whilst you can get now tv on your smartphone this new service isn't really aimed at smart phones

the sky sports tv app with is on iphone and some android devices it's£5. per month for all 6 channels plus espn and atr.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nxp.sky.skysportstv.google&hl=en
  • Options
    BMRBMR Posts: 4,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I could see the appeal of this if you could watch via your telly- ie entertainment/entertainment extra customers could upgrade for a single day- or via youview or Roku

But a tenner to squint at a smartphone whilst using up your data package?

No ta
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BMR wrote: »
    I could see the appeal of this if you could watch via your telly- ie entertainment/entertainment extra customers could upgrade for a single day- or via youview or Roku

But a tenner to squint at a smartphone whilst using up your data package?

No ta

If you already had Entertainment, I couldn't see anyone adding Sky Sports for £10 for a day, it's only £21 for the month, ok, twice the price, but 28/29/30/31 times the days.
  • Options
    BMRBMR Posts: 4,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you already had Entertainment, I couldn't see anyone adding Sky Sports for £10 for a day, it's only £21 for the month, ok, twice the price, but 28/29/30/31 times the days.

Is the £21 for all channels, or just SS1 though?
  • Options
    promo-onlypromo-only Posts: 3,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That gets you Sky Sports 1-4, F1 and News
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

As per the post above mine, it is all the Sky Sports channels.

£26.50 is Entertainment Extra, so £21 on top is £47.50 without movies, and as Sky World is only £55.50(?), that is only a difference of £8 they would charge for movies as well, so yes, that includes all the sports.

So i couldn't see anyone wanting to pay £10 for 1 days access if they already had a Sky subscription with STB, unless you really only wanted to spend £10 and there would be absolutely nothing else you would be interested in for the month, but to me, someone would just pay the £21 for the month.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 118
    Forum Member
    I think this is a good idea, I can't see many people taking up this offer but It's good there is choice. I assume by smart phone you mean Sky Go as a whole, and I also assume this includes the F1 channel which would mean that you can watch all the races this year for £190.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ksg89 wrote: »
    I think this is a good idea, I can't see many people taking up this offer but It's good there is choice. I assume by smart phone you mean Sky Go as a whole, and I also assume this includes the F1 channel which would mean that you can watch all the races this year for £190.

Or £90/£100, as 10 races are live on the BBC, if you wanted it purely to watch all the races live.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    I dont have Sky sports but do like to watch the odd tennis match that I cant get elsewhere.
    I would pay occasionally on this basis, although £5 for a game or match seems more appropriate.