Oscar Pistorius Bail Hearing Begins

Comments

• mazzy50mazzy50 Posts: 13,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    saralund wrote: »
    We don't know that she'd just woken up. We only have OP's word for it that they were both asleep.

Indeed
  • codebluecodeblue Posts: 14,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We don't know that she'd just woken up. We only have OP's word for it that they were both asleep.

I wonder what the time-span is between the last text/ phone/ website accessed and the gunshot?

how long were they asleep for?
  • Xela MXela M Posts: 4,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Moving away from my personal views... Has there been an answer on the air con issue? How can there be no air conditioning in his luxury home? :confused:
  • LaVieEnRoseLaVieEnRose Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Xela M wrote: »
    Moving away from my personal views... Has there been an answer on the air con issue? How can there be no air conditioning in his luxury home? :confused:

Why don't you contact him and ask him yourself since you're such a fan?
  • KathySparkKathySpark Posts: 2,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why don't you contact him and ask him yourself since you're such a fan?

The poster has really strange views on "superstars" but dont lower yoursself to their level
  • PootmatootPootmatoot Posts: 15,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I've lived in tropical climes with full aircon and I often prefer the warm natural breeze of an open window or traditional fan.

I don't think the aircon is really a serious issue.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's a legend in athletics. Just because some people don't follow the sport, makes him no less of a superstar. I presume posters from South Africa could shed light on HOW popular he is/was there.
  • KathySparkKathySpark Posts: 2,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will not rise to this

I will not rise to this

I will not rise to this
  • The Exiled DubThe Exiled Dub Posts: 8,358
    Forum Member
    He's a legend in athletics. Just because some people don't follow the sport, makes him no less of a superstar. I presume posters from South Africa could shed light on HOW popular he is/was there.

No doubt he is. He's also a killer.
  • LaVieEnRoseLaVieEnRose Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

What's your point?
  • ShappyShappy Posts: 14,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    calico_pie wrote: »
    But the two options I posted are pretty much the two possibilities.

Does 1 really sound much more likely than 2?

Why not? I'd say the number of instances of killing occuring as result of an angry/jealous partner far, far outnumber the killings as a result of mistaken identity, even in intruder common SA.
    A lot has been said about how OPs version of events is unreasonable.

But are we to believe that shooting your girlfriend dead through a locked door because she has been texting is any more reasonable?

You've deliberately termed the circumstances to make them sound ridiculous. No one shoots their girlfriend just for texting in a toilet. If he did shoot her deliberately, it was more likely the culmination of a huge argument.
    And thinking about it generally, if it had been a heated argument, between him and a Reeva, would he really need a gun in the first place?

Yes, if she had managed to lock herself in the toilet, how else would he get at her? Batting down the door with her alive and uninjured inside would be far more time consuming and noisy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KathySpark wrote: »
    The poster has really strange views on "superstars" but dont lower yoursself to their level
    What's your point?

It was a response to the above post. I forgot to quote it.
  • NihongaNihonga Posts: 10,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I don't know if he had air con or not, but sometimes the outside temperature might be hot enough to heat the house and its rooms to warrant its use. Air con might not be needed; simply opening the windows might be enough to cool the room.

A poster up thread said that the temperature was a cool 60F at the time. Not really that hot to need air con

ETA: His superstardom is not on trial here, btw. So his popularity and celebrity is not relevant to the proceedings or to the charges he is facing. Why you should bring it up is very, very strange.
  • mazzy50mazzy50 Posts: 13,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    codeblue wrote: »
    I wonder what the time-span is between the last text/ phone/ website accessed and the gunshot?

how long were they asleep for?

Do you mean how long does OP say there were asleep for?

There are two witness statements suggesting that there was a loud argument which continued for as much as an hour between 2am and 3am before gunshots were heard.

That could mean (if true) that Reeva and OP never went to bed at all, and the whole scenario outlined in the affidavit was a fabrication designed to cover up what actually happened.

At the very least, whilst these witness statements will require investigation, I would have thought that their existence indicates that OP's statement should not just be accepted as a true record of what transpired and quoted as fact.
  • GinaHGinaH Posts: 853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.scribd.com/doc/126918194/What-police-found-in-the-house

Looking at this graphic again, presuming it is correct...the safer option if he heard an intruder from the bathroom, would have been to exit via the nearer bedroom door. We know he says it was locked, but does this mean the key was left in the lock or on his person, or put somewhere for safe keeping. Confused? I am!
  • TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Exactly.

Everything boils down to whether or not OP's statements hang together in some coherent timeline.

Simply put, they dont.
  • franciefrancie Posts: 31,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Are you on a wind up? a serious question.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think the air con being off is so odd. Having grown up in a desert hot Middle Eastern country and another hot African country, I know that as soon as the temperature fell to any reasonable level (considered cool in those countries but would be considered very hot in the UK), we would switch off our ACs to get some fresh air. It is horrible for the skin and breathing to be under AC conditions all year round.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    francie wrote: »
    Are you on a wind up? a serious question.

Honestly I'm not. I really like OP and I find it sad that he is in this situation (through his own stupidity of course).
    Forum Member
    GinaH wrote: »
    http://www.scribd.com/doc/126918194/What-police-found-in-the-house

Looking at this graphic again, presuming it is correct...the safer option if he heard an intruder from the bathroom, would have been to exit via the nearer bedroom door. We know he says it was locked, but does this mean the key was left in the lock or on his person, or put somewhere for safe keeping. Confused? I am!

It says in that graphic that 3 cartridges were found in the bathroom and 1 in the hallway, but didn't someone claim that a cartridge casing was found in the toilet bowl?
  • franciefrancie Posts: 31,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly I'm not. I really like OP and I find it sad that he is in this situation (through his own stupidity of course).

With all due respect, if you want to tell everyone how "great" he is maybe there's somewhere in Showbiz? Can I ask how old you are (just curious)?
  • TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It says in that graphic that 3 cartridges were found in the bathroom and 1 in the hallway, but didn't someone claim that a cartridge casing was found in the toilet bowl?

I understood it was a bullet that the defence found in the toilet?.

It was used by the defence to brand the police as incompetent as far as I remember....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Xela M is entitled to her opinion.
  • aggsaggs Posts: 29,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think the fan was outside on a balcony - would there be internal air con on an external balcony?

I just assumed he brought the fan inside because it had been left out there, not to use it.
    Forum Member
    Tourista wrote: »
    I understood it was a bullet that the defence found in the toilet?.

It was used by the defence to brand the police as incompetent as far as I remember....

Ah I see. Why would there be a bullet down the toilet?
This discussion has been closed.