Options

Britney pretty girls chart position

eastendersboieastendersboi Posts: 3,761
Forum Member
✭✭✭
will people be surprised if she enters top 10, I for one wasn't expecting a top 20 hit considering it's taken a long time to be released here but I'm shocked at how well it's doing on the iTunes chart remaining top 10 for 2 days, will this be an indication for its chart position

Comments

• Options
    HitstasticHitstastic Posts: 8,634
    Forum Member
    No, it won't.

It's been available to pre-order for the last 5-6 weeks and those sales count towards this weeks chart. In the first Music Week midweek chart report, Pretty Girls is #5. That's including all those pre-order sales from the last 5-6 weeks.

However, to help unbalance the scales there is a lack of streaming. Pretty Girls is only holding up on iTunes because singles sales are low right now.

Britney has so far peaked at #8 on iTunes - if the song continued climbing and made the iTunes top 5, that would help the song remain top 10 for Sunday. I suspect by this time tomorrow it will be out of the iTunes top 10 and will begin to freefall. This, along with lack of streaming, is what will push Pretty Girls down the official chart so that it ends up somewhere between 11-20 on Sunday.

It will plummet down the chart next week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hitstastic wrote: »
    No, it won't.

It's been available to pre-order for the last 5-6 weeks and those sales count towards this weeks chart. In the first Music Week midweek chart report, Pretty Girls is #5. That's including all those pre-order sales from the last 5-6 weeks.

However, to help unbalance the scales there is a lack of streaming. Pretty Girls is only holding up on iTunes because singles sales are low right now.

Britney has so far peaked at #8 on iTunes - if the song continued climbing and made the iTunes top 5, that would help the song remain top 10 for Sunday. I suspect by this time tomorrow it will be out of the iTunes top 10 and will begin to freefall. This, along with lack of streaming, is what will push Pretty Girls down the official chart so that it ends up somewhere between 11-20 on Sunday.

I badly hope she makes it top 10 as all her debut singles have all entered top 10 but if it don't Id be happy with a top 15 placing which considering Madonna, mariah, leona and all other big names can't even chart these days it will be a blessing for her
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, it won't.

Also this will be her 1st release which includes streamin so if she does hold up then it will make her future look in affected with chart positions
  • Options
    Forum Member
    To be fair, it's Iggy Azalea who is selling this single.

If it was Britney Spears feat. Missy Elliott it wouldn't have gone anywhere near the iTunes top 10. I suppose the music video has helped. Even I think the video is quite funny but the song is really poor. It ain't no Toxic. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If it was Britney Spears feat. Missy Elliott it wouldn't have gone anywhere near the iTunes top 10. I suppose the music video has helped. Even I think the video is quite funny but the song is really poor. It ain't no Toxic. :p

Your havin a laugh, iggy has a very bad reputation at the moment, people are buying the song coz its Britney and at a push coz they like the song, never have I heard that iggy is the selling point In a Britney release, iggy brings nothing remarkable to the song it's all about Britney but that's just my opinion, personally I don't agree with you. :)
  • Options
    glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    it's at #5 in todays midweeks with sales of just under 10k. I assume that includes preorders, which means it will fall rapidly over the coming days. If she's lucky she might manage to hold onto a place in the lower top 20 come Sunday. (I predict it'll end at around #16 to #18 :D)

Personally I love it. One of her best in a while and it's a shame it's not getting supported.
  • Options
    casualviewercasualviewer Posts: 31,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think Iggy unintentionally screwed this song over in the UK when she pissed off the Mixer fanbase, who up until Iggy's Twitter rant about who wrote the song, was prepared to support the LM girls by at least streaming the hell out of it. I even bought the thing in the US to support the LM songwriting royalties. There's tens of thousands of LM fans in the UK who's support fell off as a result.

Iggy managed to get a much higher charting for Trouble in the UK, so I wouldnt say her current standing in celeb world is as low as in the US.
  • Options
    tjp1991tjp1991 Posts: 76
    Forum Member
    I'll be shocked if it enters the top 20 tbh, no hype around the track whatsoever.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tjp1991 wrote: »
    I'll be shocked if it enters the top 20 tbh, no hype around the track whatsoever.

Well as it stands I think it's top 10 and last I heard it was top 5 so prepare to be shocked. Lol
  • Options
    tjp1991tjp1991 Posts: 76
    Forum Member
    Well as it stands I think it's top 10 and last I heard it was top 5 so prepare to be shocked. Lol

A lot can change in 5 days especially once the free fall down iTunes begins ;) I love Britney but PG is my least favourite single to date :cry:
  • Options
    casualviewercasualviewer Posts: 31,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The track is already at #10 in iTunes and falling, so I dont think its going to make Top 10.
  • Options
    SpaceCakeSpaceCake Posts: 297
    Forum Member
    Britney has been struggling in the U.K. for a while now. Lack of promotion can't be blamed, she promoted Work Bitch and that only peaked at #7 before dropping out of the chart. She needs better material if she wants another big hit. No one's checking for half-arsed Britney anymore, she needs to up her game and actually put some effort in. At this rate, the new album is going to tank like Britney Jean.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SpaceCake wrote: »
    Britney has been struggling in the U.K. for a while now. Lack of promotion can't be blamed, she promoted Work Bitch and that only peaked at #7 before dropping out of the chart. She needs better material if she wants another big hit. No one's checking for half-arsed Britney anymore, she needs to up her game and actually put some effort in. At this rate, the new album is going to tank like Britney Jean.

Firstly she does put the effort in, everyone who has worked with her says she's a grafter and are surprised with her work ethic, secondly there have been no word of a new album as they have revealed they are just releasing singles at the moment, thirdly I believe the song is heading for top 5 in midweeks and hopefully make it top 10 by end of week. Britney releases songs for her fans and not for the sake of gaining more success, she's never gonna have the same success again so she will remain with steady success and doing what makes her happy
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    #8 in the midweeks, still hanging in in the top 10 on iTunes too, I know it ain't gonna do great but to hopefully make top 10 is great at this stage in her career
  • Options
    Forum Member
    SpaceCake wrote: »

That's the thing. The type of singles Britney has released over these last few years have only really appealed to the die hard fans. I don't think Britney has won over new fans in the last 10 years - if anything her fans have moved on.

It makes me laugh with irony when you get female artists like Britney, Madonna and Avril Lavigne whose music has become more immature as they've got older. I never can work out who their target audience is when they do this. :s
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's the thing. The type of singles Britney has released over these last few years have only really appealed to the die hard fans. I don't think Britney has won over new fans in the last 10 years - if anything her fans have moved on.

It makes me laugh with irony when you get female artists like Britney, Madonna and Avril Lavigne whose music has become more immature as they've got older. I never can work out who their target audience is when they do this. :s

How have there songs got more immature, such a very silly thing to say
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    tjp1991 wrote: »

It might yet, who knows? I think they left it too late to release the song in the UK. They should have released it on May 5 when there was worldwide hype around it.
  • Options
    AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think her hits have dried up because her singles have been very niche the past couple of years, Work Bitch and Pretty Girls are targeted towards specific demographics. Whereas songs like Oops, BOMT, Everytime, Toxic, Piece of Me, 3, Till the World Ends etc, these were all universal hits. Not to mention her team only seems to care about US promotion, and even that is sparse these days.
    Having said that, I couldn't care less about chart positions, I just want a good album, nothing she comes out with could possibly be any worse than Britney Jean.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 212
    Forum Member
    Your havin a laugh, iggy has a very bad reputation at the moment, people are buying the song coz its Britney and at a push coz they like the song, never have I heard that iggy is the selling point In a Britney release, iggy brings nothing remarkable to the song it's all about Britney but that's just my opinion, personally I don't agree with you. :)

Iggy is far more relevant than Britney in the UK. Britney's last hit was in 2012 as feature artist. :D
  • Options
    Rob1985Rob1985 Posts: 5,194
    Forum Member
    Wanita wrote: »
    Iggy is far more relevant than Britney in the UK. Britney's last hit was in 2012 as feature artist. :D

She had a #7 hit in November 2013.
  • Options
    BeatsDuJourBeatsDuJour Posts: 179
    Forum Member
    It's flopped in the US. It's Britney's first lead single since 2003 to not make the top 20 on the Hot 100.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    It's so sad to see how Pretty Girls is doing on the charts. Britney Spears once had a lot of potential--even after her breakdown.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrTired wrote: »
    It's so sad to see how Pretty Girls is doing on the charts. Britney Spears once had a lot of potential--even after her breakdown.

It's doing ok, what you mean potential , she's the most successful artist of our generation, no mean for the potential comment.
  • Options
    PaulJoseph22PaulJoseph22 Posts: 4,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's doing ok, what you mean potential , she's the most successful artist of our generation, no mean for the potential comment.

Whose generation?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why you being silly, the generation that she came out from, ever since her debut no one has matched her. I guess you had potential but failed