English people living in Scotland still getting abused daily?

MagicMonkeyMagicMonkey Posts: 2,131
Forum Member
✭✭✭
White on white racism:confused:

By KENNY McALPINE and JENNIFER EDELSTEN

Published: Today

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/3073383/Dad-Barry-Luke-tells-of-hell-over-yob-attacks-in-Scotland.html#ixzz0v73MrJSv

A DISTRAUGHT dad told last night how he was forced to leave his two tiny daughters with relatives in England - after becoming too scared for their lives in Scotland.

Barry Luke said he and partner Irene took the drastic decision after being targeted by thugs for three years.

Englishman Barry, 52, and Scot Irene, 42, packed off one-year-old Suzanne and Rebecca, two, because they feared the kids would be harmed if they stayed with them in tough Nitshill, Glasgow.

They have sent them to live in Doncaster - considered the UK's worst crime spot - rather than stay in Scotland.

Barry added: "We have not been welcome since we first arrived. Everyone in this area has been living here for years.

"We are outsiders and I've been called an English this and an English that. That is water off a duck's back to me and I know 99.9 per cent of Scottish people are not like that. There are nice families in the street but the minority are wasting it for everyone.

"The youths are running about, drinking, smoking and taking drugs. They are terrorising the place but when you stand up to them their parents get involved and make it worse. You are in a no-win situation."

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/3073383/Dad-Barry-Luke-tells-of-hell-over-yob-attacks-in-Scotland.html#ixzz0v73HVoHb

Comments

• k-bolak-bola Posts: 4,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree, spiteful petty little county full of vindictive people with massive chips on their shoulder.

Lived there for a few years, I will never go back to that god forsaken place.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40,102
    Forum Member
    I always believe that Scottish people are the most patriotic and a lot of them have an attitude which is "what's theirs is theirs". However, I assume that on a whole Scots are not too fussed if an English family live near them. He was probably just unlucky and lived in a bad area.

I'm sure there's places in England who will do the same if the tables were turned.
  • Stiffy78Stiffy78 Posts: 26,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    k-bola wrote: »
    Agree, spiteful petty little county full of vindictive people with massive chips on their shoulder.

My Dad is English and has lived up here for 36 years with no problems at all. 3 out of 4 people in my office are English too and don't seem to have any problems. I'm not denying there are some idiots but that's a pretty big brush you are tarring us all with.
  • Union JockUnion Jock Posts: 7,262
    Forum Member
    White on white racism:confused:

Barry Luke said he and partner Irene took the drastic decision after being targeted by thugs for three years.

There's the clue, thugs and you have them in all countries.
  • solarflaresolarflare Posts: 22,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Sounds like you've got a few McCains on your own shoulder.

Anyway I think the key here is "tough Nitshill, Glasgow". I don't much fancy staying there myself and I'm Scottish.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stiffy78 wrote: »
    My Dad is English and has lived up here for 36 years with no problems at all. 3 out of 4 people in my office are English too and don't seem to have any problems. I'm not denying there are some idiots but that's a pretty big brush you are tarring us all with.

I've lived here for over 42 years and never had a problem. Never lived in any of the big cities though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stiffy78 wrote: »

Yeah, not trying to say everyone is like that but just my experience there.

Most Scots I meet 'down south' are really nice but then they have left Scotland.
  • Alt-F4Alt-F4 Posts: 10,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ahhh the Scottish. So quaint and working class.

Hoots mon! Where's my haggis. etc..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Most Scots I meet 'down south' are really nice but then they have left Scotland.

Ah, so you mean living on the other side of a big imaginary line changes them inherently.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    solarflare wrote: »
    Ah, so you mean living on the other side of a big imaginary line changes them inherently.

we used to call it Hadrian's wall and they built it for a reason!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    Nitshill is a right shithole so I am hardly surprised by this. Most of my family from my mother's side are from the Nitshill and Priesthill areas I even I wouldn't want to live there.

And yes, you get thugs and arseholes everywhere not just in Scotland k-bola. I myself have been told a couple of times to "F*ck off back to Scotland", I was once even threatened with being beaten up by three chavs because I dared to go out with a Yorkshire lass. The funniest though was an old guy who told me I should sod off home and stop coming down to take their jobs as he was sick of us "Jocks, Paddys, n*gg*rs and Asian c*nts" taking over.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If some of the Scots on Digital Spy - especially in the "EBC" thread in the Broadcasting forum are anything to go by...I have to agree.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lily Rose wrote: »
    If some of the Scots on Digital Spy - especially in the "EBC" thread in the Broadcasting forum are anything to go by...I have to agree.

Oh God DS isn't representative of nations as a whole now, is it? If so, the whole UK is pretty much ****ed.
  • StarpussStarpuss Posts: 12,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Scotland and have had some great times there but we were once abused by a group of blokes, telling us to get back to England, swearing etc. The sad thing was that my son was with us and he is half Scottish. He was really upset. :(
    Forum Member
    Lily Rose wrote: »

Interesting, so you agree a whole nation of 5 million people are spiteful and vindictive because of a handful on an internet forum.

Sorry but that say more about you than it says about Scotland as a whole.
  • parsleyisfunparsleyisfun Posts: 4,164
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scotland isn't the only country with its fair shair of obnoxious barstewards though. Every country has them, and England certainly isn't innocent - me and my friends have heard people on holiday muttering behind our backs, saying they wish they could tell us to stop speaking Welsh, so we start really talking about them behind their backs in Welsh when they say things like that :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Starpuss wrote: »
    I love Scotland and have had some great times there but we were once abused by a group of blokes, telling us to get back to England, swearing etc. The sad thing was that my son was with us and he is half Scottish. He was really upset. :(

That's really terrible:(
    The sad thing is it is a beautiful country to visit but is unfortunately populated by some mindless petty thugs who live on a diet of Irn Bru and fried pizza.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The sad thing is it is a beautiful country to visit but is unfortunately populated by some mindless petty thugs who live on a diet of Irn Bru and fried pizza.

Pretty please can I visit your utopic homeland?
    Forum Member

Tell us where you live, it sounds like some kind of wonderful paradise.

I take it everyone gets along, every colour and creed?.
    Never any fights?, never any thugs who abuse others?, I'll bet there is never any crime where you live, unless committed by them "pesky foreigners".
    Does everyone end their days sitting around, holding hands and singing kumbaya?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,807
    Forum Member

Yes dear... & most English hate Scots, most Welsh hate English... etc.

Most of the English people in Scotland are nice. Got nothing to do with them leaving England...
  • StarpussStarpuss Posts: 12,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

They were just idiots.

They heard me speak and my son speaking and assumed we were all English when actually we were there with his Scottish (from Glasgow!) grandparents. They just weren't saying anything when the blokes walked past.
  • Xadlei XemnasXadlei Xemnas Posts: 5,671
    Forum Member
    I'm familiar with the scottish and their views on the english.

My moms side is completely scottish and I lived in scotland 10 years ago. Definetely had the "english insert here" and "We won the war" rubbish from some of them. Even though I had a scottish mother, I was still considered english.

I was only a kid at the time as well.

Funnily enough, when I came down to england again people thought I was scottish. However, the english just don't care.
  • KidMoeKidMoe Posts: 5,851
    Forum Member
    So essentially the story was saying that there are some pricks in Scotland. ****ing hell, that's a shock.

However, there is probably more in England by virtue of it having quite a few more people in general.

Moral of the story: There are pricks everywhere.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Starpuss wrote: »
    They were just idiots.

They heard me speak and my son speaking and assumed we were all English when actually we were there with his Scottish (from Glasgow!) grandparents. They just weren't saying anything when the blokes walked past.

So what difference does it make if you are English or Scottish?
    They shouldn't say anything to anyone but they do.
    Luckily we are much more tolerant and open minded down here which is why I think a lot of the smarter Scots escape and come to work down here.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Luckily we are much more tolerant and open minded down here which is why I think a lot of the smarter Scots escape and come to work down here.

Bwahahahahahaha! Best laugh of the night :D