Options

Titanic is the best film of all time

BurtiBurti Posts: 705
Forum Member
✭✭
Just finished watching it and let's be totally honest it's by far the best film ever made and always will be. Has anyone not seen it and if you haven't I suggest you buy the DVD as soon as possible cause it's amazing.:cool:

Comments

• Options
    OvalteenieOvalteenie Posts: 24,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't it Citizen Kane?
  • Options
    AzagothAzagoth Posts: 10,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Burti wrote: »
    Just finished watching it and let's be totally honest it's by far the best film ever made and always will be. Has anyone not seen it and if you haven't I suggest you buy the DVD as soon as possible cause it's amazing.:cool:

Each to their own and all that, but that movie is quite shocking. In fact, it's bloody dire. Care to point out any of the redeeming features that makes you say it's the best movie ever made?
  • Options
    ackeracker Posts: 8,809
    Forum Member
    Ive never seen it all the way through, it just gave me a sinking feeling.
  • Options
    JethroUKJethroUK Posts: 6,107
    Forum Member

I thought the same after I watched it on TV

Mellowed a bit now - Jaws is back at my No 1 spot
  • Options
    epicurianepicurian Posts: 19,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Azagoth wrote: »
    Each to their own and all that, but that movie is quite shocking. In fact, it's bloody dire. Care to point out any of the redeeming features that makes you say it's the best movie ever made?

Leonardo Dicaprio dies?

Just kidding! I love you Leo! :D
  • Options
    Peter the GreatPeter the Great Posts: 14,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you are talking about the old Black & White version of Titanic then i would say yes that was a good film. Sadly i think you are talking about the James Cameron film which is a dreadful film and how it won so many Oscars i don't know.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    epicurian wrote: »
    Leonardo Dicaprio dies?

Or did he?
  • Options
    billlythekidbilllythekid Posts: 5,080
    Forum Member
    The film is one big cheese fest:sleep:
  • Options
    NightFox_DancerNightFox_Dancer Posts: 14,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently it's based on actual events.
  • Options
    frangipanefrangipane Posts: 930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Like the OP, I have also watched every single moving picture/movie/film ever made, with all combinations of foreign language tracks and subtitles. Every Which Way But Loose and Any Which Way You Can in Japanese with Sorbian subtitles are my #3 and #2. Yeah, the sequel is so much more better. But not as good as the OP's choice. Can't wait for the sequel, Titanic 2
  • Options
    epicurianepicurian Posts: 19,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

:eek::confused::D

Where on earth did you find that?!
  • Options
    dylan99dylan99 Posts: 10,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't wait for the sequel!

ETA- Darn beaten to it!:mad::D

Any which way but loose, top movie.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,566
    Forum Member
    dylan99 wrote: »

If it's of interest they made Britannic, not so much a sequel though, more of a 'the exact same movie but with a much lower budget'. It looks absolutely smashing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    epicurian wrote: »
    :eek::confused::D

Where on earth did you find that?!

If you have something like Paintshop installed you can make your own. Here's the Leo pic - http://i55.tinypic.com/1zqyhd3.jpg
  • Options
    JCRJCR Posts: 24,070
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dylan99 wrote: »

Funnily enough asylum films, who make cheap B movies, have just made a film called Titanic II. And it was put through the bbfc this week, meaning it's getting a UK video release:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1640571/
    http://www.bbfc.co.uk/AVV275320
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Guys there is an actual sequel made by a low budget company called The Asylum.

TITANIC 2

It is shown on the Sci-Fi channel quite often:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    JCR wrote: »
    Funnily enough asylum films, who make cheap B movies, have just made a film called Titanic II. And it was put through the bbfc this week, meaning it's getting a UK video release:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1640571/
    http://www.bbfc.co.uk/AVV275320

snap:o
    Great movie quote on your tag as well gotta love Tommy Waissau:D
  • Options
    frangipanefrangipane Posts: 930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TITANIC 2
    Sorry, but if the highest rated comment is Rammstein224: "This movie is disrespecting all the people that died on that day" then I just lost the will to watch that film. Rammstein are a totally overrated, ripoff act
  • Options
    BurtiBurti Posts: 705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Drama
    Amazing effects
    Beautiful love story
    Educational
    Kate Winslet topless :cool:
  • Options
    Carlos_dfcCarlos_dfc Posts: 8,262
    Forum Member
    Just finished watching it and let's be totally honest it's by far the best film ever made and always will be.
    Is this a wind-up.
    The only thing I can of, which could be of any interest, is that it's a great example to the adage that big-budget state-of-the-art special effects can't rescue a dire film.
  • Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    i had to endure it once, how i remained conscious i`ll never know.
  • Options
    Carlos_dfcCarlos_dfc Posts: 8,262
    Forum Member
    Drama - Too predictable, total lack of suspense.
    Amazing effects - See above
    Beautiful love story - Predictable tripe
    Educational - I learned nothing I didn't already know, and also spotted an error or two
    Kate Winslet topless - Not impressed
  • Options
    CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,387
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Guys there is an actual sequel made by a low budget company called The Asylum.

TITANIC 2

It is shown on the Sci-Fi channel quite often:)
    what idiot would get on a ship called "Titanic 2"?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There have been several films made about the disaster over the years.
    As a storyline the James Cameron version is not my very favourite version but it is brilliantly done although the family of Murdoch were not happy with his characters' portrayal.
    But I did love the ending when aged Rose threw that large blue jewel into the sea at the end of the film.
    "A Night To Remember" in my opinion was the best version of the Titanic sinking.
    I remember as a 12 year old child excitedly settling down to watch this film on TV on Christmas Day.
    My Grandmother (Southampton born and raised) sat with her back to the TV because she remembered waving off her friends at the dockyard.
    How selfish we kids were and imagine that film being shown on Christmas Day when there would have been many bereaved people and survivors still alive. No OFCOM then ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The best film ever was Top Gun with Tom Cruise. He actually learned to fly and became a Top Gun in real life so he could do all the flying sequences himself.