EastEnders - Danny Butcher

Kat's StilettosKat's Stilettos Posts: 397
Forum Member
Would anyone here like him to be brought into the show.

I really think now is a great time to bring in Danny, with the Butcher/ Jacksons currently "leading" the show.
He would be around 15, so he could really bring some life into Liam and maybe mingle both Liam and himself into the Abi/ Jay/ Lola/ Ben group more.

I would move him in with Janine. Make it that Ricky and Bianca can't afford to take him in and Janine is forced to be his guardian. I have seen people suggest that Janine should get pregnant but I think doing this would give Janine a true, strong relationship without being predictable or having the awkward absent baby period for the first few years a la Amy.

So what do you think, would you like him to come in or do you think he is not needed or not neccessary?

Comments

• EastEndFan05EastEndFan05 Posts: 4,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know if that character genuinely exists or not. Frank was never known for telling the truth and probably just told Roy that story as a way of empathizing with him during a difficult time.

Either way, I think we've had enough Dannys, Dans and Danielles in EE to last us a lifetime:eek:
  • Kat's StilettosKat's Stilettos Posts: 397
    Forum Member
    I don't know if that character genuinely exists or not. Frank was never known for telling the truth and probably just told Roy that story as a way of empathizing with him during a difficult time.

Either way, I think we've had enough Dannys, Dans and Danielles in EE to last us a lifetime:eek:
    I've thought that too, but the beauty of it is, is that it was never confirmed or denied, so it's pretty much a blank slate. All thay was said is that Frank had gotten a young woman called Gemma pregnant and they had a son. So other than that, the canvas is blank and there is a whole new character to be used but with strong ties to EastEnders past and present.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've thought that too, but the beauty of it is, is that it was never confirmed or denied, so it's pretty much a blank slate. All thay was said is that Frank had gotten a young woman called Gemma pregnant and they had a son. So other than that, the canvas is blank and there is a whole new character to be used but with strong ties to EastEnders past and present.

It's certainly an option.

It would be great if he turned out to be an evil schemer like Janine instead of a plank of wood like Ricky:D Or perhaps he could be a modern day younger version of Frank. The latter would really be something if done right:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He hasn't being discussed since then to my knowledge however I doubt Frank would lie to Roy in order to talk him out of suicide but I can't see Danny Butcher turning up yet. However he could easily be a mini-Frank.
  • PhoenixblissPhoenixbliss Posts: 9,478
    Forum Member
    An intriguing and promising idea although Id first like to see Franks eldest daughter Clare Butcher
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd expand the Beales before I went near the Butchers. The Butchers have the Jacksons and Brannings to prop them up so it's not like they're stuck for family interaction.

The Beales on the other hand are decimated and in need of rejuvenation. I don't necessarily think Jane, Lucy and Peter are the answer as they were a quite dull family unit aside from the Steven drama. I think one of Pauline's siblings and their family should make their way to Walford.

The introduction of Danny and Clare Butcher down the line is a good idea though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    An intriguing and promising idea although Id first like to see Franks eldest daughter Clare Butcher

She's appeared twice, 1989 and 2002.
  • Eat_My_DustEat_My_Dust Posts: 131
    Forum Member
    I agree I would rather see the Beale's boosted rather than the Butcher's at this moment however should Danny ever happen I have always visioned him as a male Janine and the one person she meets her match with.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd expand the Beales before I went near the Butchers. The Butchers have the Jacksons and Brannings to prop them up so it's not like they're stuck for family interaction.

The Beales on the other hand are decimated and in need of rejuvenation. I don't necessarily think Jane, Lucy and Peter are the answer as they were a quite dull family unit aside from the Steven drama. I think one of Pauline's siblings and their family should make their way to Walford.

The introduction of Danny and Clare Butcher down the line is a good idea though.

There's Ian's uncle Kenny, he could come back to Walford as a 'farewell' tour and a son could follow him or his daughter Elizabeth could return.

Also Kathy's family could be expanded she has a sister Stephanie and there's Ted, Tony and Sarah Hills too. But I wouldn't be surprised if there's a long lost cousin or uncle in the woodwork.

I never really saw what the twins added to Ian really because they never evolved beyond bitchy teen rebel Lucy and meek Peter. The only story beside Steven's return which had promise was Lucy's pregnancy and that went nowhere.
  • Eat_My_DustEat_My_Dust Posts: 131
    Forum Member
    Hulllad10 wrote: »

I never really saw what the twins added to Ian really because they never evolved beyond bitchy teen rebel Lucy and meek Peter. The only story beside Steven's return which had promise was Lucy's pregnancy and that went nowhere.

The twins were Ian's kids. That's more than enough. They were only 16 when they left. That was hardly enough time to evolve anyway. Had they done too much with them underage they would burned the characters out. The pregnancy storyline would have gone somewhere had Melissa not been sacked as well. Things were just getting good for her when she was written out.

Of course there is room to develop both and both will adds loads to the show within time.

Very odd view you hold to think they add nothing. Very bizare indeed.

Its like saying Tiffany adds nothing to Bianca or Lauren and Abi nothing to Max or Tanya or Ben nothing to Phil. :rolleyes:

I mean Lucy and Peter would certainly aid Ian more than Kenny would.
  • Messy RaindropMessy Raindrop Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    The twins were Ian's kids. That's more than enough. They were only 16 when they left. That was hardly enough time to evolve anyway. Had they done too much with them underage they would burned the characters out. The pregnancy storyline would have gone somewhere had Melissa not been sacked as well. Things were just getting good for her when she was written out.

Of course there is room to develop both and both will adds loads to the show within time.

Very odd view you hold to think they add nothing. Very bizare indeed.

Its like saying Tiffany adds nothing to Bianca or Lauren and Abi nothing to Max or Tanya or Ben nothing to Phil. :rolleyes:

I mean Lucy and Peter would certainly aid Ian more than Kenny would.

I agree. Of course Lucy and Peter added to Ian. I mean what are we now left with? Ian asking the local golddigger to marry him and
    Talk about repetitive for Ian. I thought he had progressed from those types. It makes the development he had through the relationships with Laura and Jane seem like they never happened.

BK was way too quick in axing Melissa. He just wanted to make his mark and didn't think long term. It obviously bit him on the arse because the planned recast for Lucy had to be scrapped once John Yorke and fellow BBC bosses viewed the actress he had cast to take over the role! hence why the whole return last December was dropped.
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,220
    Forum Member
    Nah I think Danny is best forgotten about. They could always bring in Diane and jacques or Clare if they want to give Janine some family. She did have Norman but they only had about 5 scenes together.
  • Chrissy 2005Chrissy 2005 Posts: 9,645
    Forum Member
    I always thought that they could get Gillian Taylforth's sister Kim to play Kathy's sister Stephanie. I thought that was a fab idea.

They could always bring Kathy back from the dead.

What I'd do is recreate the Ian, Jane and kids unit. Bring back the kids Peter and Lucy, have Ian and Jane re-bond in their grief for Pat, have Steven turn up with a baby, he's officially bisexual, got a girl pregnant and then she died in child birth, can't cope and gives the baby to Jane and Ian to bring up to make up for stopping Jane having kids. And then bring back Linda Clarke as Lou Beale type figure for the family.
  • actual_soapactual_soap Posts: 5,378
    Forum Member
    I'd like to see Diane back, rather than Danny
  • Dr K NoisewaterDr K Noisewater Posts: 11,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

This. Frank was always lying and scamming and in the heat of the moment mentioned this to Roy as a way of empathizing with him to stop him killing himself! Hes never ever mentioned it again to anyone so I think its safe to assume it was a lie.

If the Butchers were to be expanded I'd much rather see Clare return and become a full time character along with her husband and children. The first time she was ever mentioned in 1987 it was revealed she was married with kids but their names or ages were never revealed so there's plenty of potential there.
  • Kat's StilettosKat's Stilettos Posts: 397
    Forum Member
    This. Frank was always lying and scamming and in the heat of the moment mentioned this to Roy as a way of empathizing with him to stop him killing himself! Hes never ever mentioned it again to anyone so I think its safe to assume it was a lie.
    If the Butchers were to be expanded I'd much rather see Clare return and become a full time character along with her husband and children. The first time she was ever mentioned in 1987 it was revealed she was married with kids but their names or ages were never revealed so there's plenty of potential there.

Actually, you are wrong. On the 31 October 2000, when Frank and Pat were discussing running away to Manchester in an abandoned warehouse, he told Pat he had gotten a girl called Gemma pregnant and she kept it. Look it up.