Dolce and Gabbana and their disgusting comments about Elton John

benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
Forum Member
✭✭✭
D&G criticise Elton John and David for having children and the use of IVF.

What a repellant pair.

http://news.sky.com/story/1445482/elton-john-boycotts-d-and-g-in-gay-family-row

D&G , not Elton and David.

Comments

• exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    Their opinion, free speech 'n all that.
  • benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

They depend on the public to buy their stuff. I never did and don't intend to start any time soon.
  • itscoldoutsideitscoldoutside Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let gays sort this amount themselves. I am surprised I thought they would be straight the persons that said it.
  • Wee TinkersWee Tinkers Posts: 12,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'Synthetic children' is horribly dismissive.

I'd be happy to back his campaign. #boycottdolceandgabbana. Already one step ahead of them. Will stick with George for my pullovers.
  • HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't disagree with them actually.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotgossip wrote: »
    I don't disagree with them actually.

Some or all of it ?
  • viertevierte Posts: 4,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not about Elton, more about themselves the way I read it and I also don't disagree with them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    There's nowt as vicious as a self loathing gay man. Homophobia within the gay community is a real struggle. If you can't love yourself Dolce and banana, how in the hell are you gonna love somebody else?

I will boycott their clothes because I can't afford such things to begin with.
  • chaffchaff Posts: 985
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's disgusting to say that a child should be raised by a man and a woman?
  • jjwalesjjwales Posts: 48,572
    Forum Member

That goes without saying, but what do you think of their opinion and the very unpleasant way they expressed it?
    Forum Member
    chaff wrote: »

Disgusting to call children "synthetic".
    Forum Member
    Let gays sort this amount themselves. I am surprised I thought they would be straight the persons that said it.

Me too. But why should gays sort it out amongst themselves? :confused:
  • SemieroticSemierotic Posts: 11,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No, although as someone raised by only a woman I'd say it's increasingly dated.
  • Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member
    Crassly put by D&G. And I don't share their opinion but they have every right to express it.
  • fleabeefleabee Posts: 1,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It wasn't just the 'gays' they were attacking. It was anyone who goes for IVF.

There's freedom of speech and there's shit that's not acceptable.
  • fleabeefleabee Posts: 1,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Disgusting is not the right term, but narrow minded, homophobic, misogynistic will do.
  • oxfordruseoxfordruse Posts: 1,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This is like me saying, "It's the right for ISIS members to exist".

What, exactly, are you contributing to the discussion?

If you disagree with the sentiment being expressed, then say so.
  • Skyclaw726Skyclaw726 Posts: 2,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fleabee wrote: »
    It wasn't just the 'gays' they were attacking. It was anyone who goes for IVF.

There's freedom of speech and there's shit that's not acceptable.

Why because it's offensive?

Freedom of speech allows for offensive speech and it sounds like you are against freedom of speech if it offends.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vile.

Someone tell D&G this is 2015 and not 1520.
  • chaffchaff Posts: 985
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jjwales wrote: »
    Disgusting to call children "synthetic".

"I call children of chemistry, synthetic children. Uteri (for) rent, semen chosen from a catalogue."

I wouldn't call that opinion disgusting, tbh. I expect a lot of non-disgusting people would agree with it.
    Forum Member
    "I call children of chemistry, synthetic children. Uteri (for) rent, semen chosen from a catalogue."

I wouldn't call that opinion disgusting, tbh. I expect a lot of non-disgusting people would agree with it.

Why would decent people agree with it?
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Semierotic wrote: »
    No, although as someone raised by only a woman I'd say it's increasingly dated.

Seriously dated. A friend of ours is doing a decent job as a single father raising two kids.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

My utterly beautiful "synthetic " grandson would heartily disagree with you. As would all his loving family.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think it's disgusting. I think anyone who does in this day and age needs to have a word with themselves.
  • Paul237Paul237 Posts: 8,654
    Forum Member
    Their comments are a bit nonsensical.

They were reported as saying: "We oppose gay adoptions. The only family is the traditional one. No chemical offsprings and rented uterus: life has a natural flow, there are things that should not be changed."

But if a same sex couple adopt a child, clearly the natural parents don't want (or can't have) the child. So how is a "traditional family" possible in the circumstances?

Also, do they oppose single parent families? Because, again, a traditional family isn't one parent.

Call me a cynic, but does D&G have a new line coming out? I can't see why else they'd be so outspoken and openly ignorant if they weren't courting attention.