Comments

• Options
    ElsaElsa Posts: 3,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fridgesoup wrote: »
    DWTSGossip tweet:
    Karina is in ... Tony has a celeb from NYC... Louis got replaced

I hope Louis has been replaced by Sasha Farber - they're about the same height.

And I agree kp2ni with your assessment that Alec, Dmitry & Tristan are unlikely to be back :(

If they did decide on Tristan, Derek would rush back and claim he could do both a New York show and DWTS, the same way he did the last time they said Tristan would be back (Spring 2015).
  • Options
    choucroutechoucroute Posts: 515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Elsa wrote: »
    I hope Louis has been replaced by Sasha Farber - they're about the same height.

And I agree kp2ni with your assessment that Alec, Dmitry & Tristan are unlikely to be back :(

If they did decide on Tristan, Derek would rush back and claim he could do both a New York show and DWTS, the same way he did the last time they said Tristan would be back (Spring 2015).

Do you think Derek was jealous/scared of Tristan? I'm really surprised Derek's been offered the lead in Singing with the Rain. I know he has legions of fans from DTWS, but I just can't see him as a leading man ....
  • Options
    fridgesoupfridgesoup Posts: 17,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A couple of rumours on the Pure site.
    A footballer, Antonio Brown, trying on sparkly gear with crates behind labelled Keo, Mark and Sasha (that I can see) plus Shannon, Dennis and Kiril. The pros danced on a TV show with Andy Grammar recently and Sasha and this Kiril Kulish were in the gang and someone on the pure site recognizes Shannon Holzapffel amongst them. He's apparently danced on the show before. Dennis??
    Doesn't mean they are all new pros for the season, of course. Might just be extra dancers for that one performance.
    https://mobile.twitter.com/andygrammer/status/702634105599610881/photo/1
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    choucroute wrote: »
    Do you think Derek was jealous/scared of Tristan? I'm really surprised Derek's been offered the lead in Singing with the Rain. I know he has legions of fans from DTWS, but I just can't see him as a leading man ....

One time, in 2012 or 2013, I was looking a photo of Derek and Tristan on Derek's Instagram (a card game at a party or something at Derek's apartment) and as I watched, people posted comments like "Tristan is so hot!" and I refreshed the screen several times and the comments disappeared one by one. I think he left one such comment up (and deleted five or six) but I quit checking after a while.

Anyway, that doesn't prove anything but I've always felt that Derek was annoyed at the "breakout" season that Tristan had and how he was considered a hottie (T.V. Guide had him as one of the sexiest new guys on tv that year - 2011). Derek was probably on the list too but nobody else from DWTS and he might not have liked having a new kid on the block getting that kind of praise/attention.

So yeah, I think he felt threatened by Tristan and I even think he may have played a part in Tristan getting pretty bad partners. But I can't prove it, and in any case, it doesn't matter anymore. In a recent interview, Tristan said one thing he hated was people going behind the scenes to get advantages for themselves from producers (something like that - I don't have the wording handy.) I think he meant Derek.

I can't even think of another one he 'might' have meant - maybe Maks but he and Maks were always so friendly with each other (as were him with Val and Mark.) He might even have meant Strictly, but again, who?? Nobody seems to fit except Derek imo.
  • Options
    JohnStannardJohnStannard Posts: 7,649
    Forum Member
    pothuthic wrote: »
    On paper Redfoo and Hayes should've been a lot better than they were really, so not really Anton.

But she has had about the same amount of luck as Anon and could this be down to her giving her celebs poor choreogrophy
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Derek confirmed out for the season
    https://mobile.twitter.com/abc7george/status/704811071366770688

DWTsGossip and Pure say Keo with Jodie Sweetin

'Dennis' could be Dennis Jauch (choreographer and boyfriend of Leona Lewis) based on a twitter follow from Jenna and Alan. From his instagram, though, he seems to be in the UK at the moment.
  • Options
    kp2nikp2ni Posts: 1,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The other dancers could be troupe members tho very little has been said about the troupe other than Jenna is in it like a permament fixture and Kiril has danced with Jenna before also Antonio is a definite for a celeb as his agent and he are as subtle as bricks but why would he be at the andy grammer gma performance unless he had to be at a photoshoot or fittings for the show and couldnt make it so they did it then also In the picture with the boxes ...em can be seen so that would be Artem

There is a photo on the official twitter of a pro from the neck down and people tweeted it was Hayley and they liked it here the tweet I hope she isn't a pro as she is a contemporary dancer so same situation as Alison except to me she isn't as good as Alison and there were stories last season that they had to bring Britney Cherry back as she couldn't get to grip with some of the choreography :confused: if she is made a pro over Emma, Lindsay, Britney, Jenna or Witney I would be annoyed because whether you like those pros and their choreography or not at least they are ballroom dancers.

If Henry was announced Derek would fly the plane back from NYC himself to be on the show there is serious bad feelings there over what happened re Nastia, according to a not really believable source - Perez Hilton - Val, Maks and Peta left the pre Oscar party before Derek came on to perform, to me that could have been innocent as they may have had to leave early for some reason but I'm sure other fans will see it differently.

Don't think Tristan was talking about one person when he said about people going behind scenes to get advantages from producers I think he was talking generally about pros on dwts even ones he is friends with. I wouldn't think it would be about anyone on strictly as I remember he said when he had just started strictly that he was surprised as strictly is more about the celebs than pros which was completely different to dwts.

As for Derek as a leading man I never see him act so can't say for sure but he was superb in the 'singing in the rain' dance with Brittney and he was the leading man in footloose in the westend and it is what he always wanted to do so good luck to him. I think it is a fantastic move for him and it is good for the show because even though I like Derek and think he is a fantastic dancer and choreographer but the hierarchy and favourism on dwts is bringing the show down

As for Emma she messed up with Redfoo's first dance the cha cha was a bad version of his videos but the jive was great unfortunately due to the rubbish vote of the week before that dwts has now due to no result show this lead to elimination Hayes was did better than I thought he would do

As for Jodie I thought she would get Artem or Val tbh
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Derek confirmed out for the season
    https://mobile.twitter.com/abc7george/status/704811071366770688

DWTsGossip and Pure say Keo with Jodie Sweetin

'Dennis' could be Dennis Jauch (choreographer and boyfriend of Leona Lewis) based on a twitter follow from Jenna and Alan. From his instagram, though, he seems to be in the UK at the moment.

Thing I don't get about Derek is why are that saying he is out for this season instead of saying he left as singing in the rain isnt opening until January
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Andrew_MAndrew_M Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SPOILER

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qixPB17id0

First confirmed celeb and pro partner
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kp2ni wrote: »
    Thing I don't get about Derek is why are that saying he is out for this season instead of saying he left as singing in the rain isnt opening until January

The last time Derek had another show in the works (or ongoing) and he participated in DWTS, he was badly injured and ended up having to pull out of the New York show. Maybe the producers/insurers of his new show don't want him to take the additional risk that doing DWTS would entail. At least I think that makes sense and hope it's true.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't think Tristan was talking about one person when he said about people going behind scenes to get advantages from producers I think he was talking generally about pros on dwts even ones he is friends with. I wouldn't think it would be about anyone on strictly as I remember he said when he had just started strictly that he was surprised as strictly is more about the celebs than pros which was completely different to dwts.

Here's what Tristan said about what it was like working on a stage show (a version of "Ballroom with a Twist") in December 2015:

"...There is no competition here so everyone is just normal and gets on with their job. Nobody is trying to get one up on each other or going in the background to get ahead..."

http://www.macmaniacs.org/macmusings
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The last time Derek had another show in the works (or ongoing) and he participated in DWTS, he was badly injured and ended up having to pull out of the New York show. Maybe the producers/insurers of his new show don't want him to take the additional risk that doing DWTS would entail. At least I think that makes sense and hope it's true.

I agree with the producers/investors that he can't do both and it was silly to do it last time I understand why tptb and Derek wanted to but it wasnt worth it and personally I like Nastia better with Sasha and with the little I saw of Henry with her height wise they were better matched too. I just wished they would say he has left, Karina left, Edyta left and they still came back Derek isn't resting for a season he has left it is like they think the show can't survive without the Houghs, I like Derek and Julianne but the show should be bigger than two people
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with all you've said kp2ni. DWTS is just a mess. Louis van Amstel said in a youtube interview that it's been a power-struggle backstabbing-operation (among the pros) from the very beginning, even before the golden ones arrived, and of course, afterwards, even worse :(

I read somewhere that the competing circuit of pro dancers is just as bad. Neil Jones said a Russian male dancer (who, with his partner, had just defeated Neil/Katya for first place) rubbed it in and asked Katya to interpret the congratulations from English to Russian -- something like that -- he was horrified. Tristan said top level couples won't even talk to lower-level couples (on the circuit), as though they live in a different stratosphere. Tony Dovolani said Derek wouldn't even say hi or acknowledge him if they met in the halls... In his most recent interview, Tristan talked about egos being a problem (I assume on DWTS and/or Strictly -- haven't got the quote handy.) It's a cut-throat, petty, mean-girl high school type scenario, from what I gather.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think Derek will be back for series 23 in the fall& Wonder if Keo will get further than 1st out with who he has as his partner this time? If not he could be the new Anton since he has never had any good scores or owt yet. Hope if he is 1st out again he is axed next series tbf
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with all you've said kp2ni. DWTS is just a mess. Louis van Amstel said in a youtube interview that it's been a power-struggle backstabbing-operation (among the pros) from the very beginning, even before the golden ones arrived, and of course, afterwards, even worse :(

I read somewhere that the competing circuit of pro dancers is just as bad. Neil Jones said a Russian male dancer (who, with his partner, had just defeated Neil/Katya for first place) rubbed it in and asked Katya to interpret the congratulations from English to Russian -- something like that -- he was horrified. Tristan said top level couples won't even talk to lower-level couples (on the circuit), as though they live in a different stratosphere. Tony Dovolani said Derek wouldn't even say hi or acknowledge him if they met in the halls... In his most recent interview, Tristan talked about egos being a problem (I assume on DWTS and/or Strictly -- haven't got the quote handy.) It's a cut-throat, petty, mean-girl high school type scenario, from what I gather.

I heard about Neil (hope he and Katya are on scd) and what Tristan said about egos but hadn't heard about Tony and Derek it is sad that it all sounds a bit Strictly ballroom to me
    I think Derek will be back for series 23 in the fall& Wonder if Keo will get further than 1st out with who he has as his partner this time? If not he could be the new Anton since he has never had any good scores or owt yet. Hope if he is 1st out again he is axed next series tbf

Next season is nearer to the start date of the show no producer/investor is going to risk injury of their leading man on a TV show he should be in rehearsals by then I can't see Derek coming back in the near future

Jodie had a lot of previous experience obviously tptb want Keo to do well here is a clip of her dancing with Val who she wanted as her partner
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From Pure site
    Sharna has the footballer, Antonio Brown, Val has GMA weather person, Ginger Zee and Tony has Marla Marples (an ex-Mrs Trump amongst other bits and bobs).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From dwtsgossip and dwts stats & info - Misha Barton is Artem's partner and Sasha is back as a pro his partner is Kim Fields, Von Miller is with Witney
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Artem gets someone young and fit! Hope Mischa has some personality, though. I have vague recollections that she can be a bit 'difficult' ...
    Glad to see Sasha back.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Artem gets someone young and fit! Hope Mischa has some personality, though. I have vague recollections that she can be a bit 'difficult' :confused:
    Glad to see Sasha back.

She had that reputation but that was a long time ago think they could do well

This may be slightly awkward given who her celeb is :D not to mention he is a foot taller than her
  • Options
    choucroutechoucroute Posts: 515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry to clip everyone, just wanted to make the multi-quote a bit shorter ....
    So yeah, I think he felt threatened by Tristan and I even think he may have played a part in Tristan getting pretty bad partners. But I can't prove it, and in any case, it doesn't matter anymore. In a recent interview, Tristan said one thing he hated was people going behind the scenes to get advantages for themselves from producers (something like that - I don't have the wording handy.) I think he meant Derek. ....

Thanks for the details--sounds plausible. Derek had multi-winner/choreography genius wrapped up, but I can imagine him feeling sensitive about not being seen as a hunk.
    As for Derek as a leading man I never see him act so can't say for sure but he was superb in the 'singing in the rain' dance with Brittney and he was the leading man in footloose in the westend and it is what he always wanted to do so good luck to him. I think it is a fantastic move for him and it is good for the show because even though I like Derek and think he is a fantastic dancer and choreographer but the hierarchy and favourism on dwts is bringing the show down

I'm sure he has the dance/performance skills, not so sure about singing and charisma. I think the Footloose role is a bit different--Kevin Bacon is also not a typical leading man. But Gene Kelly is, and very strongly associated with that role, and if I remember correctly, the role is that of a huge silent movie star (just can't see Derek as that.) He had a guest role on an ABC show I watch (Nashville) playing a movie star and I thought he was dreadfully unbelievable and a poor actor. I think they just want him as a name to pull in tourists, but maybe I'm just prejudiced.
    It's a cut-throat, petty, mean-girl high school type scenario, from what I gather.

This may be true of the dance world in general. I've recently read similar things about the ballet world. As nasty as it sounds, I can understand it, especially in context of DWTS. Those are plum jobs and there are very few of them.
    From dwtsgossip and dwts stats & info - Misha Barton is Artem's partner and Sasha is back as a pro his partner is Kim Fields, Von Miller is with Witney

Wow! I had wanted to skip DTWS this season, but this cast and pro line-up is sounding very tempting. Misha Barton is a trained performed (and maybe dancer?), so will be good, but she probably won’t have the personality to be a winner for Artem.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    choucroute wrote: »
    Sorry to clip everyone, just wanted to make the multi-quote a bit shorter ....

Thanks for the details--sounds plausible. Derek had multi-winner/choreography genius wrapped up, but I can imagine him feeling sensitive about not being seen as a hunk.

I'm sure he has the dance/performance skills, not so sure about singing and charisma. I think the Footloose role is a bit different--Kevin Bacon is also not a typical leading man. But Gene Kelly is, and very strongly associated with that role, and if I remember correctly, the role is that of a huge silent movie star (just can't see Derek as that.) He had a guest role on an ABC show I watch (Nashville) playing a movie star and I thought he was dreadfully unbelievable and a poor actor. I think they just want him as a name to pull in tourists, but maybe I'm just prejudiced.

This may be true of the dance world in general. I've recently read similar things about the ballet world. As nasty as it sounds, I can understand it, especially in context of DWTS. Those are plum jobs and there are very few of them.

Wow! I had wanted to skip DTWS this season, but this cast and pro line-up is sounding very tempting. Misha Barton is a trained performed (and maybe dancer?), so will be good, but she probably won’t have the personality to be a winner for Artem.

Oops this may say how good Derek was in Nashville i love that show and completely forgot he was in it :blush: I do think the character wasn't great tho tbh just a means to a end to get Juliette and Avery apart for a while

In footloose the musical he would have to sing as the stage show is different to the movie and he was in a group with Mark before and sung on the Move tours he has a good voice.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I heard about Neil (hope he and Katya are on scd) and what Tristan said about egos but hadn't heard about Tony and Derek it is sad that it all sounds a bit Strictly ballroom to me

Next season is nearer to the start date of the show no producer/investor is going to risk injury of their leading man on a TV show he should be in rehearsals by then I can't see Derek coming back in the near future

Jodie had a lot of previous experience obviously tptb want Keo to do well here is a clip of her dancing with Val who she wanted as her partner

Your Right maybe series 24 or 25 next year then? Liking the pairings this series so far, Bet Miss Fields (cant remember her 1st name) will get Tony. If anyone knows Mark's partner please would they PM me? would be interested to see if he has someone good or awful:) would love to see Keo do well and get past week 3 since he has never done that yet, He actually has a chance this series I think
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Your Right maybe series 24 or 25 next year then? Liking the pairings this series so far, Bet Miss Fields (cant remember her 1st name) will get Tony. If anyone knows Mark's partner please would they PM me? would be interested to see if he has someone good or awful:) would love to see Keo do well and get past week 3 since he has never done that yet, He actually has a chance this series I think
    From Pure site
    Sharna has the footballer, Antonio Brown, Val has GMA weather person, Ginger Zee and Tony has Marla Marples (an ex-Mrs Trump amongst other bits and bobs).

Mark has Paige van Zant
    Doug Flutie with Karina (football player no. 3)
    Sasha has Kim Fields (probably)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mark has Paige van Zant
    Doug Floutie with Karina (football player no. 3)
    Sasha has Kim Fields

Thanks what about Tony? Has he got someone rubbish again?