You Gov Brexit Attitude Survey

2»

Comments

• Options
    trevgotrevgo Posts: 28,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MargMck wrote: »
    No, and just like you, we do not need to be highly knowledgeable.

Funny, but when an enormously complicated issue is boiled down to a binary "yes of no" I believe it's a good thing if the electorate does have a good understanding of the issues.

If they have absolutely no clue, are fed lies and whipped up by crass nationalism, I'd say it's a fair chance they will make the wrong choice and send the nation into a terminal decline.

Maybe before we build the next nuclear power station, we'll decide which model to choose by putting it to a referendum.
  • Options
    trevgotrevgo Posts: 28,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bingbong wrote: »
    I think whats happened is some "reluctant" remainers have been persuaded by a number of things since the vote, the Earth didn't collapse after all , some of the threatening from Europe is slowly eroding the good will, Bankers amongst the loudest voices in opposition to Brexit and people ( quite rightly ) don't trust a word of what they say, but the most important thing, is that the level of understanding of the issues involved has increased, and there are very strong arguments for Brexit.

Nope. The delusion has increased. The economy didn't tank right after the vote, so many think we're out of the woods. We haven't even seen the woods yet.