Playstation 4 ultimate FAQ

124»

Comments

• TommyNookaTommyNooka Posts: 2,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rich_L wrote: »
    I guess I must have read this wrong, I need to plug an optical cable from the console / sky box direct to the sound bar each time I want to listen to something?

So say I'm watching sky, plug that one in, say later I want to do a bit of xboxing, I need to unplug the optical in the back of the sky box then plug it into the xbox?

Nothing is happening, I get no sound at all you see :(

If your TV has a digital/optical out you only need to connect the optical cable between your TV and the soundbar then anything you watch on the TV should come through it!
  • Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    Hmm I wonder what I'm doing wrong then!!

Say I'm watching Sky on HDMi input 1 then, as long as I have the optical cable in the back of the telly then into the back of the sound bar, I should be getting sound?

Same when I switch to PS3 on HDMi input 2?

And yeah, I've changed the settings on both to be optical in their respective settings.
  • TommyNookaTommyNooka Posts: 2,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rich_L wrote: »
    Hmm I wonder what I'm doing wrong then!!

Say I'm watching Sky on HDMi input 1 then, as long as I have the optical cable in the back of the telly then into the back of the sound bar, I should be getting sound?

Same when I switch to PS3 on HDMi input 2?

And yeah, I've changed the settings on both to be optical in their respective settings.

If you've changed the settings on your Skybox and your PS3 that might be the problem, they should just output the sound through HDMI as normal. The only thing that may require an optical out setting turned on is your TV.
  • Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    Huzzah!! Thanks mate I've cracked it.
  • D3XT3RD3XT3R Posts: 788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nedubiz wrote: »
    Worth logging on the music unlimited website at the moment. If you click on subscription options there is a 90 day extension available for £3. I have gone for that, so I am covered until mid February now. It will at least give me the chance to try the service on PS4

Thanks for that I've just added 90 days to my subs which expired mid december:D its a decent enough service though the interface is a bit crap for want of a better word. But hey what do I want for £12, not looking to sub again at full price though