Options

BB Posters Reunited and WELCOME to the lurkers! (Part 43)

Comments

• Options
    LittsisLittsis Posts: 11,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wahooooo.... I've remembered without lurking...
    Happy birthday tvqueen.

I hope you have a lovely day and loads of pressies and or money. You deserve it, you are such a nice person.
    Love from me. xx
  • Options
    Flora PosteFlora Poste Posts: 18,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TheElf wrote: »
    Morning everybody - how are we all? :)

Morning Elfy :D

Good thanks, sun is shining all is right in my world :D Are you off shopping as well?
  • Options
    TheElfTheElf Posts: 2,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Morning Elfy :D

Good thanks, sun is shining all is right in my world :D Are you off shopping as well?

No I'm not off shopping :D. Which means I get to dance to Lolly in the living room :cool::D!!
  • Options
    JoJo4JoJo4 Posts: 38,663
    Forum Member
    Princess Anne must have got fluffers mobbie number, she wants to know what gel he uses on his tuft:D

She's jealous cos his tuft doesn't resemble a brillo pad!
    nowahalla wrote: »
    Happy birthday TVQ:)

Morning chaps:D
    My mate has just run the 100mile ultra marathon round mount fuji in 19 hr s and 26 mins to achieve second place overall...wow! Just, wow!!

that's some feat - my daughter's ex did the Iron Man competition a couple of years ago in Lanzarote, I don't know how anyone even contemplates such undertakings but good on them.
    Artemesia wrote: »
    I enjoyed watching it travel round Greece first. The Olympics themselves hold no great fascination for me but I love the excitement of the preparations.
    However, we will probably attend the 'real' Olympics here, held in Nemea at the site of the very first Olympic games, it was a series of races run by naked young men. I believe they wear a short toga, these days but it will be interesting to see it re-enacted.

I'd like to see that:cool:
    chinchin wrote: »
    It's my swanky new wine bar chinchin's and I'll charge what I like! :D:p

http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/02/26/5d/3b/chin-chin.jpg

I shall be lurking at the bar to see the fallout from this:D
    Certainly not me. :D Arte met Princess Anne and David Beckham yet somehow the hot topic was TVQ.
    I'm quite distressed really. There is a smell wafting through the front room that i can only describe as like a dead animal. :confused: We are all ok :p but i cant figure out what it is. Nobody has even had prawns recently. :confused:

The last time we had that kind of dreadful 'dead thing' smell I eventually discovered a decomposing rabbit under the stairs. This was before Mabel disappeared, she was a great hunter, and the rabbit was easily as big as her - or it had been when it was all in one piece:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    MMorning guys - Happy Birthday TVQ, hope you have a lovely day and lots of lovely goodies:D
  • Options
    tvqueen1905tvqueen1905 Posts: 82,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Littsis wrote: »
    Wahooooo.... I've remembered without lurking...
    Happy birthday tvqueen.

I hope you have a lovely day and loads of pressies and or money. You deserve it, you are such a nice person.
    Love from me. xx

Aww thanks so much :):) xxx

Thanks JoJo :)

I am off out whoooshhh
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No I'm not off shopping :D. Which means I get to dance to Lolly in the living room :cool::D!!

Enjoy yourself :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Aww thanks so much :):) xxx

Thanks JoJo :)

I am off out whoooshhh

Enjoy your day - it's raining, cold and dismal here, not a nice day for a birthday:cool:
  • Options
    BarracuteBarracute Posts: 243,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :D:D:D[highlighT]HAPPY BIRTHDAY TVQ[/highlight]:D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Artemesia wrote: »
    This is from the info we were sent ~

Ancient Greeks celebrated festivals at NEMEA that were part of the cycle of games at Delphi, Isthmia and Olympia. At each one of these four sites in rotation, for a brief period each year, wars and hostilities were suspended by a sacred truce, and all Greeks-Spartans-Athenians-Corinthians-Argives-Macedonians and Cretans gathered in recognition of their common humanity. This impulse toward peace was the first in the history of mankind on an organised, regular and international scale. Thus, these ancient festivals are the direct ancestors of today's Olympic Games, as well as of the United Nations. The Society for the Revival of the Nemean Games (with several hundred members from around the world) was founded in the belief that there is today both scope and need for the average person - regardless of ethnicity, language, religion, gender, age, or athletic ability - to participate. More than 2500 people from 45 different countries, ranging in age from 6-96 have added their footprints to those of ages long gone.

Very interesting - i never knew about this:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nowahalla wrote: »
    Happy birthday TVQ:)

Morning chaps:D
    My mate has just run the 100mile ultra marathon round mount fuji in 19 hr s and 26 mins to achieve second place overall...wow! Just, wow!!

ran 100 miles :confused::eek: Wow that is impressive!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    chinchin wrote: »
    :eek::eek: I've just had a very rude reply from Sr which I could't possibly post here!

Morning again all! :D

Happy Birthday tvq! :D:):D:):D

oh go on - i dare you! :D
  • Options
    ArtemesiaArtemesia Posts: 43,241
    Forum Member
    JoJo4 wrote: »
    Enjoy your day - it's raining, cold and dismal here, not a nice day for a birthday:cool:

The rain has stopped! Hooray! The weather here has been odd for several months now, as it has been, everywhere, I believe.
    I have made a tray of bacon-wrapped eggs, turkey curry, savoury rice, flourless lemon cake, flax scones and some lemon fat bombs so I am going to sit outside to recuperate and hope that the sun comes out.

** waves to Barra on way out **:)
  • Options
    Gemo52Gemo52 Posts: 128,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    The_SleeperThe_Sleeper Posts: 201,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gemo52 wrote: »

Great photos again Gemo, Thanks :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Great photos again Gemo, Thanks :)

Thank you, Sleeps. :)
  • Options
    The_SleeperThe_Sleeper Posts: 201,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you, Sleeps. :)

You didn't happen to get the girls phone number @ the bottom of the page did you ? :p:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Excellent Gemo :D That ficus was a monster wasnt it. Love the picture of the children with the notice in green 'I hate this town'. plus what was SR doing in the Split fish market :eek::D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks enjoyed looking at those pics, nice collection, some interesting old buildings and the cats and dogs were cute, not sure about the fish though ! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    You didn't happen to get the girls phone number @ the bottom of the page did you ? :p:D

Nope, but she works at Split fish market. :D
    Excellent Gemo :D That ficus was a monster wasnt it. Love the picture of the children with the notice in green 'I hate this town'. plus what was SR doing in the Split fish market :eek::D

It was – the garden in Messina where it was located appeared to be closed but a gardener let us in. The kids with the graffiti is one of my favourites.
    Barracute wrote: »
    Thanks enjoyed looking at those pics, nice collection, some interesting old buildings and the cats and dogs were cute, not sure about the fish though ! :)

The angler fish? Not the prettiest.
  • Options
    TheElfTheElf Posts: 2,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Enjoy yourself :D

Viva, viva, viva la Flora Poste :cool::D *dances*. You having a nice day?

Lovely pictures Gemo :) - how are you?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oooh a present has arrived thanks honey :)

Happy Birthday TVQ from me and the Fluffmeister:D
    Barracute wrote: »
    ran 100 miles :confused::eek: Wow that is impressive!

What about this loon:cool:

http://www.rungeordierun.com/

whoo hoo
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Viva, viva, viva la Flora Poste :cool::D *dances*. You having a nice day?

Lovely pictures Gemo :) - how are you?

Thank you. I’m fine, thanks. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Happy birthday, tvq. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What about this loon:cool:

http://www.rungeordierun.com/

Good grief and he is doing Australia next year, obviously likes running! :eek:
This discussion has been closed.