Options

Waiting for Chryed to Get It On - Christian & Syed (Part 269)

Comments

• Options
    momentarythingmomentarything Posts: 20,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GUH!! Too gorgeous! :D BF is a great episode....for photos....!!

Same! :D And it's the fact Syed is clearly bitten/nibbled by Christian lots because the ear sucking doesn't suprise him and he laaaves it :cool:

They had been missing the pure sex element of their relationship so it was good to have that mega hot gorgeous scene in their last ep!!

Syed just looks so amazing in that episode, it's not fair. :( I've watched that last scene of BF far too many times purely for shallow reasons. I watch it on mute. :sleep: Oh, and speaking of this, I love this too for loved-up Syed (this is the one time having Amira in the foreground only enhances it because Syed's like forgotten she's there lol)

Yes! Like I said the other night, sex doesn't define them, but it is a huge part of their relationship and it's just been totally ignored lately. But Thursday made up for that element, jesus.
  • Options
    jenn123jenn123 Posts: 19,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dessie wrote: »
    BIB: Ha, two people have put it down as their funniest scene, so clearly not. Crazy people, obviously. :sleep: (Just kidding, if you're lurking!)

For so long, Hiya Love was at the top of my 'never-watch-again' list, but recent events may have changed that slightly. :sleep: Hiya Love is just bad and cringey, it doesn't actually destroy Chryed for me.

Oh really? :D I don't find it particularly funny or anything. I just don't think it's too bad. :p
    A lot of people don't. It was very Marmite. It makes me want to die though. I put the reveal of the stupid twist as my number one least rewatchable moment/episode, but, tbh, I'd probably find it easier to watch from a cringe POV. :o

BiB: I know. Oh. My. God. The whole thing is so, so sexy but I've watched the ear-sucking about 900 times. :o

I probably didn't put anything about the twist in my answers because I'm blocking it out completely :sleep:

You just reminded me...I made a (rather crap) gif! :D
  • Options
    elphaba7589elphaba7589 Posts: 74,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Syed just looks so amazing in that episode, it's not fair. :( I've watched that last scene of BF far too many times purely for shallow reasons. I watch it on mute. :sleep: Oh, and speaking of this, I love this too for loved-up Syed (this is the one time having Amira in the foreground only enhances it because Syed's like forgotten she's there lol)

Yes! Like I said the other night, sex doesn't define them, but it is a huge part of their relationship and it's just been totally ignored lately. But Thursday made up for that element, jesus.

Then Syed practically throws her out the door...mwahaha!! :cool:

Definitely!! :D I'm impatiently awaiting fics of what occurred in the AB :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll miss it too....this was one of my fave moments.....total bliss and contentment :')

One part I love in the Hiya love ep is Syed walking across the sofa...just shows how at home he is :D
    As for Roxy vomming all over their bed....well yeah...I could have lived without that :sleep:

I do love Syed and Tam's chat in that ep. Syed's so open with him and is so assured in his trust of Christian.

Hate the rest of that ep though!

ETA: Thanks for the gif Jenn. May have that open for some time. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jenn123 wrote: »
    Oh really? :D I don't find it particularly funny or anything. I just don't think it's too bad. :p

I probably didn't put anything about the twist in my answers because I'm blocking it out completely :sleep:

My crappy computer is playing this reeeeeeeeally slowly, lush! :D
  • Options
    demented yoyodemented yoyo Posts: 4,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello new thread, it's nice of you to finally get here three days late :sleep:
    I love the ear kiss that Christian gives to Syed when their on the floor of the AB *droool* (btw we need a name for this scene. what did lawson call it in his tweet 'brokeback'...er ....something:confused::confused:)
    I'm glad Christian was topless in that scene as him wearing is grandad jumper would have detracted but only by a little bit of the hotness :p and that scene was HAWT!

bib - Brokeback Balti :D he said he got it from someone else.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

God, it's so dark. I keep forgetting because I've got the brightness turned right up on my VLC player.

But jeeesus. It makes my stomach flip. It's the way Syed smiles at it. God, hotness personified.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Loving the pics of love drunk Syed and Jenn thank you for this gif! :D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Teapot2 wrote: »
    I do love Syed and Tam's chat in that ep. Syed's so open with him and is so assured in his trust of Christian.

Hate the rest of that ep though!

ETA: Thanks for the gif Jenn. May have that open for some time. :p

You're welcome! :D
    My crappy computer is playing this reeeeeeeeally slowly, lush! :D

:D
    God, it's so dark. I keep forgetting because I've got the brightness turned right up on my VLC player.

But jeeesus. It makes my stomach flip. It's the way Syed smiles at it. God, hotness personified.

Yeah, that's why it's a pretty bad gif. But you get the idea. :D
    Loving the pics of love drunk Syed and Jenn thank you for this gif! :D:D

You're welcome :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yeah he looks really worried at the beginning of the gif but then Christian sucks his ear and out comes that slow, sexy seductive smile :cool: 'Too' hot!
  • Options
    DessieDessie Posts: 5,731
    Forum Member

Jesus. *dies* I completely missed that in the episode because I was so pissed off at the dialogue (and the darkness of that scene - have we not moved on from those days, argh), and have no intention to ever watch it again. Thanks so much for the gif, that's...wow.

Will be bookmarking that one... :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jesus. *dies* I completely missed that in the episode because I was so pissed off at the dialogue (and the darkness of that scene - have we not moved on from those days, argh), and have no intention to ever watch it again. Thanks so much for the gif, that's...wow.

You haven't seen the ear nibble/suck/bite/kiss :eek: I've been watching it on repeat for days :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah he looks really worried at the beginning of the gif but then Christian sucks his ear and out comes that slow, sexy seductive smile :cool: 'Too' hot!

Exactly. "It's good, though" is so hot as well.

As overwhelmingly thrilled as I am that they can't be ruined anymore, I'm going to miss that chemistry so much.

And, random, but I have Photobucket open and spotted this. Nooo, Syed isn't pleased with himself for ruining Christian's 'date' outfit. Not at all. :sleep:

I think the darkness adds to the atmosphere of the scene and I think it's sexier that it's dark but, Jesus, did they have to make it so dark you literally have to squint to see what's going on?! Though that was the intention.

Ooh, I just remembered I Sky+'ed the episode in case I had to go out on Thursday. And no-one's here. Time for a rewatch. :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

As overwhelmingly thrilled as I am that they can't be ruined anymore, I'm going to miss that chemistry so much.

And, random, but I have Photobucket open and spotted this. Nooo, Syed isn't pleased with himself for ruining Christian's 'date' outfit. Not at all. :sleep:

Ha! :D Jesus, i love that ep. The dialogue's so good, from the humourous stuff to Syed opening up. The inclusion of Christian going on a date with 'Marc' always makes me lol too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ha! :D Jesus, i love that ep. The dialogue's so good, from the humourous stuff to Syed opening up. The inclusion of Christian going on a date with 'Marc' always makes me lol too.

The ratio of funny:serious in that ep is just perfect. EE's totally lost their way with that. It's always been depressing but they always managed to raise a smile sometimes too. And I'm not talking about 'hilarious' slapstick comedy like Kim or the Kalfie mouse thing, I mean clever one-liners and such. Shame.

I put it as my favourite MQ scene and my funniest ep. The dialogue is so, so sharp. It's most unlike EE, who are, like, world-renowned experts in clunky dialogue. It's probably the most entertaining ep for me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think the darkness adds to the atmosphere of the scene and I think it's sexier that it's dark but, Jesus, did they have to make it so dark you literally have to squint to see what's going on?! Though that was the intention.

Ooh, I just remembered I Sky+'ed the episode in case I had to go out on Thursday. And no-one's here. Time for a rewatch. :cool:

BIB1: Me too. I am going to miss their brilliant chemistry ever sooooo much!!

BIB2: Loll! Ah didn't christian make a funny tied-dye comment during that moment :D Classic Chryed is the best. Syed face there is really cute, I suppose he nearly succeeded in getting Christian to take his top of then :rolleyes: hence cheeky smile. Clever boy sy.

Teapot the 'Marc' line makes me lol as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

How did you miss it?! :eek: I'm glad I made it now!

BIB, omg lol. I also love how Christian asks 'You think this is funny?' and Syed goes 'No' while laughing. :D

Yeah, kind of rubbish that it's so dark, but ah well, they did give us heavily implied sex on the AB floor, so...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BIB2: Loll! Ah didn't christian make a funny tied-dye comment during that moment :D Classic Chryed is the best. Syed face there is really cute, I suppose he nearly succeeded in getting Christian to take his top of then :rolleyes: hence cheeky smile. Clever boy sy.

Actually, Syed does. I know, I know Syed Masood in 'actually makes genuinely witty comment' shocker. :eek: Syed has a few genuinely funny lines in that episode, actually. Jealousy must bring out his inner Tamwar. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The ratio of funny:serious in that ep is just perfect. EE's totally lost their way with that. It's always been depressing but they always managed to raise a smile sometimes too. And I'm not talking about 'hilarious' slapstick comedy like Kim or the Kalfie mouse thing, I mean clever one-liners and such. Shame.

I put it as my favourite MQ scene and my funniest ep. The dialogue is so, so sharp. It's most unlike EE, who are, like, world-renowned experts in clunky dialogue. It's probably the most entertaining ep for me.

Yeah, it's definitely my funniest ep too. I think they lost some of Christian's humour after reunion. But then again they weren't in it enough to show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You haven't seen the ear nibble/suck/bite/kiss :eek: I've been watching it on repeat for days :D

Sorry. :o I'd heard about the ear nibble but am still too angry to consider even rewatching a small part of the ep. Maybe one day I'll be able to view it the way a lot of you do. :) I hope so, anyway!

I adore that episode beyond all reason, daren't even think about how many times I've seen it. :o I can't quite bring myself to rate it above NYD 2010 because of the sheer power of the wedding eps, but it's a very, very, very close second. The perfect ratio of funny:serious as mt said.

(Think you have a point Steph about EE really losing their way on that one. They've resorted too much in the recent past to 'comedy' characters like Kim and Fatboy, but the best EE humour was always that black, sarcastic humour they did so well. "Why didn't he wear slip-on shoes?" "She's about as Jewish as a ham sandwich." "What has Christian done? - Our son." All the best humour they've ever done has been the sharp one-liners from characters who get to do the serious, heavy drama as well.)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,211
    Forum Member
    Evening All

Hope everyone is well. Sorry been AWOL but been occupised with RL all weekend, and fab it was too :)

I'm gonna do the survey now. Go with my gut coz if I think about it too much I'll never get it done.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How did you miss it?! :eek: I'm glad I made it now!

BIB, omg lol. I also love how Christian asks 'You think this is funny?' and Syed goes 'No' while laughing. :D

Yeah, kind of rubbish that it's so dark, but ah well, they did give us heavily implied sex on the AB floor, so...

BIB: loll :D and this is one of the reasons why I love Chryed. When written well, their dynamic is great!

momentarything lolll :D yeah I remember now it was Syed who managed to make a genuinely funny comment :eek: Thanks for reminding moi :)

The Syed/Christian/muslim dialogue in the first meeting never gets old as well. I still smile when I hear it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,211
    Forum Member
    1. Fave MQ scene

Talk by fridge.
    First time Syed opens up and you get an insight that Christian is already in deep (not just a zipless one night stand, also love that for the implication), and you find out about the struggle that Syed has lived with. Lovely honesty and dialogue.

Runners up:
    2nd Syed watching Christain listening to his music for the awwwws
    3rd You've made your big gay bed now lie in it/thats all you're doing scene. Mainly coz I ADORE the hoody Christain wears in that episode I wish we saw more of it :cool:And also coz C starts off tryign to be nice which is noble and selfless of him (again). Yeah I know what it led to!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Haaa. I'm rewatching it now and Syed also says 'I said sorry' in the most insincere way ever. :D This episode is literally perfect. And it's one of the few episodes I've never seen 'in context', which I think makes it even more enjoyable because it's just pure undiluted Chryed. And I love how it's just, like, 8 minutes of them, too. No Zainab or Masood or Amira or anything, just them, in the same set, just talking. Amazing.

Yeah, I got kind of annoyed on instinct by that long Christian/Roxy kiss and then I was like 'um, what scene have you just watched?' and shut up. :sleep:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah, it's definitely my funniest ep too. I think they lost some of Christian's humour after reunion. But then again they weren't in it enough to show.

They did. :( Think they lost quite a lot of Christian's bitchy edginess - though I suppose you could maybe put it down the character development and him becoming more content in his life etc.

But they also lost Syed's humour as well in the last couple of years! If you watch early clips, he's...well, witty might be pushing it, but he does get quite a lot of humourous lines and lots of banter, especially with his family. Love him winding Zainab up a lot, or that lovely scene before the Mehndi when he and Masood wind up Tamwar about fancying Zulekha.

It's probably partly down to lack of screentime and partly down to EE as a whole losing a lot of that kind of banter-y humour, but I do sometimes feel like a bit of the life was sucked out of both of Chryed after reunion. *runs and hides*