Confirmed: Most Haunted is Fake!!!!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 125
    Forum Member
    As far as the fans go I don't think this is anything that we didn't know about Derek. It was already known about Kreed Kafer, Rik Eedles and Jed Harkin but what wasn't known was that Ciaran started it.

To be honest I don't think either the fans or Most Haunted should have a problem with this, his job is to prove the credibility of the show, the fact that he has caught Derek out has shown he has done his job and good on him. I think most people won't be surprised about this revelation.

The other stuff about the rest of the team is something different, if it's true then that means the whole thing as been a waste of time.
  • GWaitesGWaites Posts: 556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow, the Daily Mirror. Such a reliable source. Remember the Iraq abuse photos anyone?
  • yorkiegalyorkiegal Posts: 18,929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yvettes on with chris moyles right now.

he's taking the mick out of the live web cams at the moment. Reckons the people who watch them are weird. Tells yvette not to be scared if she sees any dust in the studio (orbs lol)
  • Hamlet77Hamlet77 Posts: 22,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GWaites wrote:
    Wow, the Daily Mirror. Such a reliable source. Remember the Iraq abuse photos anyone?

Ah the joys of the modern media world, so busy dishing the dirt on each other they see no irony whatsoever in their own actions.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It will be interesting to see how many of the MH appreciation thread believers will post to this.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    moyles: 'derek sounds like a drunk lily savage'
    and takes the piss out of him looking at his notes on the train on the way up to the site. Yvette laughing hysterically.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yvette getting a bit rattled now. 'It's all genuine. Nothing is faked'
    Moyles sais good on you love, as long as that ghostly money train is still running , keep doing it.
  • scaryspicescaryspice Posts: 1,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well thats it for me now I wont be watching MH anymore, maybe just for a laugh.
  • gkmaccagkmacca Posts: 9,386
    Forum Member
    'What's that, Sam? Thank you please. I'm sacked?' :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    he's just told her its all made up. 'whatever' sais yvette.

moyles is doing a corking impression of derek. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMG i've been saying this for so long! i cant wait to tell my nan and sister they never believed!

i watched one of the live shows once and they were on about this thing that looked like a rock being thrown you watched it on the telly! but when they finished pointing the camera at yvette for two minutes they swang the camera back round and you could see the crew hiding inthe corner obviously who had thrown the rock! they all covered it up and it wasnt mentioned again
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This thread is erieely quiet! The other Most Haunted thread had pages of posts sticking up for the show, yet the slience on this one is deafening!

I flicked passed it last night on Livingtv2, I still can't believe that people actually took it seriously. It had the green filter thing on, yet on the celing you could see the lights were on!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 237
    Forum Member
    Does anyone not think this is a bit of Media hype... ready for the weekends shows??! Isnt that spooky!
  • senorsenor Posts: 2,233
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zAndy1 wrote:
    Yeah, what a surprise......

I am shocked and stunned! My flabber has been gasted! Seriously, did anyone ever believe this prog was for real? As a bit of escapism it is good fun tv. As a factual and historical prog it is terrible. Some of the so called mediums are pond life. They prey on the most vulnerable members of society, widows, widowers, grieving parents etc.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,125
    Forum Member
    Echolima wrote:
    Congratulations to Ciaran for catching Acorah out, and not just once or twice! Yes, we knew about Kreed Kafer and Rik Eedles, but it was dismissed by the Acorah 'bleevers' who said they wouldn't believe it unless that the person who did it spoke out.

Now that Ciaran has spoken out, they will find it more difficult to ignore. It was very courageous of him, and shows him to be an honourable man. Well done, Ciaran.

Emma Gee
    www.doublexposure.co.uk

Hi Emma. I've got sooooo much catching up to do on your site. I was really surprised to see it was Ciaran. Pleasantly surprised, though :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    senor wrote:
    I am shocked and stunned! My flabber has been gasted! Seriously, did anyone ever believe this prog was for real? As a bit of escapism it is good fun tv. As a factual and historical prog it is terrible. Some of the so called mediums are pond life. They prey on the most vulnerable members of society, widows, widowers, grieving parents etc.

my nan and sister completely believe it! my nan believes all of these spirit shows i often wonder if its a sort of comfort since my grandad died?

my sis believes just coz she is so gullable! i have been trying to convince them for so long its rubbish!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone not think this is a bit of Media hype... ready for the weekends shows??! Isnt that spooky!

Its not excatly good publicity though is it?
  • gkmaccagkmacca Posts: 9,386
    Forum Member
    It reminds me of an old Dave Allen routine about an atheist arguing with a Catholic. The Catholic says: 'You are like the man in a dark room who is trying to find a black cat - that isn't there'. The atheist replies: 'And you, too, are like the man in a dark room who is trying to find a black cat - that isn't there. The difference is: you think you've found it'.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 266
    Forum Member
    GWaites wrote:

Either way, it's still a fake show, everyone knew deep down that this wasn't real, it was bound to come out into the open some time, but you can keep believing, nothing to stop you from watching it..just pretend its still the real mcCoy!! :D that should keep you happy!
  • scaryspicescaryspice Posts: 1,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where are all the fans now? Maybe they cant think of anything to say now to back the show up. Was going to post in the 'fans only' thread but that place is cursed you end up banned.
  • ManchesterLadManchesterLad Posts: 2,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I heard a Sky News presenter last night talking about Most Haunted being fake.
    This could now break Derek Acora and Most Haunted, its going to be intresting watching the live show tonight :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i still enjoy the show even though i dont believe it! its very entertaining
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 266
    Forum Member
    scaryspice wrote:
    Where are all the fans now? Maybe they cant think of anything to say now to back the show up. Was going to post in the 'fans only' thread but that place is cursed you end up banned.

Yea tell me about it, I was one of them at one point but I got back again thanks to my fellow FM friends, that thread is spooked!! Spooked I tells ya! :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As requested on another thread, thought I'd pop on and give my thoughts.

IME there's three versions of every story. The believers, the sceptics, and the truth.

For a start, this thread isn't really the one to discuss it in as it's about tonight's show, not the series as a whole - but I'm just saying The Mirror isn't a credible enough source for me. If cieran was to hand in his resignation and publish these claims on his website, then of course I'd take it more seriously.

And actually it IS the mirror saying it's faked, the quotes from cieran are well ciruclated, quite old, and pieced together to make the story they want to.

The Mirror is NOT an impartial newspaper. In fact some of their links would potentially put them in a position whereby their management would benifit from a dip in Living TVs revinues.

Now, call me cynical, but surely that's what you're asking me to do? Take all the hysteria over MH with a pinch of salt?

I have never said I trust and believe Most Haunted 100% - I do think Derek isn't genuinely contacting the dead, and am concerned that a lot of allegedly paranormal activity occurs when Stuart is around.

That doesn't mean I beleive the whole show to be a complete fake. With so many people working on it I can't beleive it would take three or four years to come out - I also doubt Richard Woolfe (director of living TV, with a strong support for MH) would continue to be such a strong supporter of the show if it was a legal and financial liability for his company.

I'm an open minded sceptic, and as such am happy there's someone like Ciaren on the show, and can't wait to see what he puts up on his website about the show - (it's been "Coming soon" for a while!).

I think my point is I'm not sure why they'd go to such bother to put themselves in the position where they'd have so much to lose by it all going wrong for them - and inevitably would.
  • bigheatherbigheather Posts: 694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I doubt very much that the newspaper reports will have any effect on it's popularity. If fans of the show can convince themselves that it is all genuine, they will have absolutely no trouble dreaming up plausible explanations to dispute the allegations.