What is the best concert/live performance you have ever been to?

124»

Comments

• daziechaindaziechain Posts: 12,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Muse at Wembley Stadium .. no competition
  • henderohendero Posts: 11,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Foo Fighters at Brixton Academy in late 2000/early 2001, then again at Wembley last summer.

Guns 'n Roses, Boston Garden, 1993

REM in Madison, Wisconsin, May 1985
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    My heroes Focus and Martin Turner's Wishbone Ash, Southend, October 2008.

Best night of my entire life.
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Double post.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    Springsteen, Hampden Park, July '09.

Before that Springsteen, Old Trafford (cricket ground) May '03.

And before that Springsteen, Bramall Lane, Sheffield '88
  • Glawster2002Glawster2002 Posts: 15,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JonSend wrote: »
    I had to wait 2 hours to get out of Knebworth after Sonisphere Fest there last month, was still in the Carpark at 1am :(

We were in the same car park queue then!! :mad:

The best show I've ever been to was Pink Floys @ Wembley Stadium, I'll never ever see a better show than that. Even Muse last year was nothing compared to that show.

The best gig I've been to was Tool at the Brixton Academy three years ago. I've seen hundreds, if not thousands, of gigs but that was truely exceptional. To me it encapsulated everything a gig should be - the perfect match of band playing at their absolute peak and fans who responded by playing their part too.
  • RealaleRealale Posts: 6,381
    Forum Member
    It has to be The Killers at the NEC this year, simply outstanding.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Killers at T in the Park 07 was the best thing I've ever seen or heard. Muse at wembley was pretty special that year too.
  • Watcher #1Watcher #1 Posts: 9,043
    Forum Member
    For holding a room spellbound with the power of a voice - Maria McKee, Assembly Rooms, Edinburgh, some time around 1990ish

Robbie @ Knebworth
    Blur @ Hyde Park
    Nirvana @ Reading

were all superb
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw the Cribs live on Thursday and they were fantastic! Firstly, Adam Green should have to do support at every gig- he is such a fantastic, hilarious performer and totally won over each and every person in the crowd! He even did a bit of crowd surfing and serenaded a lad in the crowd who caught his eye! :D He was amazing!

The Cribs themselves were everything that one would expect of a great British rock band and much, much more. They have such an excellent rapport with the crowd, which in turn was the best crowd I've ever seen- people were going crazy, Ive never seen so much crowd surfing and there was even a mini stage invasion at the end! Some times crowds make good gigs great...this was one of those crowds. The band themselves are one of the best live bands Ive seen- Ryan's voice is unbelievably good live, Gary's voice is just excellent full stop, Ross adds a lot of charm and character to the songs, especially when he stands on his drums and Johnny Marr is Johnny Marr! Johnny has actually fitted into the band really well and doesnt overshadow the brothers or cast a shadow with his great legacy- he seems like he has been in the band forever- its definatley the Cribs as a collective, not the Cribs and Johnny Marr. We Share the Same Skies is possibly the best British rock song in years, while We Were Aborted, Cheat on Me, Hey Scenesters!, Mens Needs and City of Bugs are amoungst my favourite live performances. They are an outstanding band...potentially the best in Britain IMO.

They are also lovely, down to earth men who have a lot of time for their fans and did not leave until everyone had a photo and a chat- they genuienly respect their fans and dont see themselves above them in any way. Johnny, with all his legacy, has every right to be full of himself- instead he is a sweet, humble, charismatic man who, even when visibly tired, will stop for a chat with his fans. Ross is shy but extremely sweet, Gary is very chatty, as is Ryan. They are a credit to the British music scene and I'll definately see them again. :):D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daziechain wrote: »
    Muse at Wembley Stadium .. no competition

Brilliant gigs :) I'm off to see them supporting U2 at the weekend, the gig of a lifetime!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,259
    Forum Member
    Muse at V...first time seeing them after being a huge fan for so long. Absolutley made my year. Also, seeing The Cure this year, another ambition of mine; just absolutley wonderful. :D
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ceb1988 wrote: »
    I saw the Cribs live on Thursday and they were fantastic! Firstly, Adam Green should have to do support at every gig- he is such a fantastic, hilarious performer and totally won over each and every person in the crowd! He even did a bit of crowd surfing and serenaded a lad in the crowd who caught his eye! :D He was amazing!

adam green is a legend :)

but (and no offence to the cribs here because i'm a fan of them too) i think it's a bit of an insult that he has to be support for someone. that said, he must have been happy to do it so i don't have that much of a problem with it.

when he released 'emily' a few years back, he offered free gig entry to anyone of the same name - i got the tickets, two cds and some badges all for free in an envelope he'd hand-addressed :D what a guy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    adam green is a legend :)

but (and no offence to the cribs here because i'm a fan of them too) i think it's a bit of an insult that he has to be support for someone. that said, he must have been happy to do it so i don't have that much of a problem with it.

when he released 'emily' a few years back, he offered free gig entry to anyone of the same name - i got the tickets, two cds and some badges all for free in an envelope he'd hand-addressed :D what a guy.

Thats amazing! :D I agree, what a guy! :)

He seemed happy to support the Cribs though- I think its just a bit of favours for mates, he's done the same for The Libertines and Babyshambles I believe, so he's probably just supporting a few mates and having an absolute riot doing so! :D

I want to see him again and get another bear hug! :D
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Take That - the Beautiful World tour (2007) and the Circus tour (2008) were both amazing

Green Day - American Idiot at Milton Keynes in 2005 was fantastic - such a great atmosphere and performance
  • EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 22,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A few out of many, many gigs stick in the mind:

Pink Floyd, Wembley 1988 (Momentary Lapse of Reason tour)

The Pixies at Crystal Palace 1992

Blur, Dinosaur Jr, the Jesus and Mary Chain and My Bloody Valentine, Brixton Academy 1992 (Rollercoaster tour, without doubt the loudest gig I've ever been to.)

Oh, and Nirvana at the Reading Festival. Overrated but kind of feels special in hindsight.
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ceb1988 wrote: »
    Thats amazing! :D I agree, what a guy! :)

He seemed happy to support the Cribs though- I think its just a bit of favours for mates, he's done the same for The Libertines and Babyshambles I believe, so he's probably just supporting a few mates and having an absolute riot doing so! :D

I want to see him again and get another bear hug! :D

yeah he has done that, i'd imagine you're right.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 453
    Forum Member
    Robbie Williams - Hampden Park 2006
    Janet Jackson 1997 - Velvet Rope Tour what a brillant show
  • Froggie72Froggie72 Posts: 5,733
    Forum Member
    don't laugh, but the best by a mile was...

Barry Manilow - Wembley 2003

Also very good: Paul Simon - Wembley Arena (can't remember the year - rhythm of the saints tour)

very disappointing: Kylie, 02 Arena 2008
  • TigerpawsTigerpaws Posts: 11,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Froggie72 wrote: »
    don't laugh, but the best by a mile was...

Barry Manilow - Wembley 2003

Also very good: Paul Simon - Wembley Arena (can't remember the year - rhythm of the saints tour)

very disappointing: Kylie, 02 Arena 2008

Sorry but I have to say can't stop laughing :D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    Seriously dude get out and see some more actually alot more live music if thats your best.
  • eugenespeedeugenespeed Posts: 66,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Madness - Newcastle Telewest Arena, December 1999 is still my favourite gig.

Other ones:

The Levellers - Sunderland Empire, Nov 98
    Fear Factory - Newcastle Uni, 2005
    The Offspring - Brixton Academy, Sept 2006
    The Wildhearts / Therapy - Northumbria Uni, April 2004
    Iron Maiden - Newcastle Telewest Arena, November 2003.

Memories :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 138
    Forum Member
    Kings of Leon at Leeds 09 :)
    best. night. ever.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Macca at Anfield...
    say no more :)
  • Froggie72Froggie72 Posts: 5,733
    Forum Member
    Tigerpaws wrote: »
    Sorry but I have to say can't stop laughing :D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    Seriously dude get out and see some more actually alot more live music if thats your best.

I agree! I'd love to go and see more live gigs... just lend me enough money to leave my job so that I can do nothing else! ;)
  • Irishguy123Irishguy123 Posts: 14,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lady GaGa at the Marquee and The Killers at Oxegen, both this summer. Great memories of a great summer :)