Do McFly still have much of a fanbase

DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 109,642
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭
I am not their target audience but they seem to just assume McFly fans will vote for this guy without him doing very much

Comments

• AA2009AA2009 Posts: 8,378
    Forum Member
    They have a fanbase in the year 3000.
  • WhisperingGhostWhisperingGhost Posts: 4,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AA2009 wrote: »
    They have a fanbase in the year 3000.

Thats Busted lol
  • NightFallsNightFalls Posts: 8,596
    Forum Member
    I have never heard of them. They were not a big named group then?
  • scarpa1scarpa1 Posts: 1,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NightFalls wrote: »
    I have never heard of them. They were not a big named group then?

They are still going they have a UK tour next year.
    More young girls will like them even though they are a Pop/Rock band.
    They have had no.1 singles and albums in the UK
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They still have a very large fanbase as far as I'm aware :) I've never been a massive, massive fan of their music (though I do like a number of their songs) I watch interviews and stuff because they're such wonderful and funny guys. They had a documentary earlier this year and they are still packing out stadiums all across the country, so yes I would say they still have a fanbase. And I think because the fans want to see more of Dougie they are voting for him :)
  • crazy_moo 123crazy_moo 123 Posts: 4,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes they do still have a big fanbase :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As far as I know yes. They have more fans in the people I know now than they did when starting.
    Both their albums and tours have always done well, the singles did better to begin with but sorta won them fans who then tended to only buy albums (ala me)
    Actually, a recent example of the size of the fanbase was when Dougie and Frankie Sanford split and Dougie went into rehab (earlier this year) and the hate Frankie got was Bieber fan like (not from me might I add. But lots of twitter fans went a tad loopy..)

The members also have a total of 1,685507 twitter followers (Harry has 327,684, Tom has 547,820, Danny has 385,728 and Dougie has 424,215)

:)
  • becsiebecsie Posts: 3,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yes they are still going strong after 8 years which is good for a pop band.I like them as they write their own songs and play instruments.
    They have spent this year touring the UK.Japan,south america and are starting to write a new album. I think if you aren't a fan then you may think they have disappeared but thats not the case.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The amount of twitter followers would suggest that they are still popular. Dougie currently has 423,717 followers. His band mate Tom has 547,809 followers and he's been tweeting every day with Dougie's number.

McFly fans are looking for a double win this year. They have Harry in SCD and Dougie in I'm A Celeb. At this rate they may get what they wish for.
  • GAZ237GAZ237 Posts: 863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    I am not their target audience but they seem to just assume McFly fans will vote for this guy without him doing very much

WHO???
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,766
    Forum Member
    McFly are nowhere near as big as they were in 2004, and all their teen-girl fans from back then are now young women who probably look back and cringe.. their target audience now are more into One Direction and JLS. Their latest album went to #20, their first two went to #1. Theres a reason why one of the members is now on IAC..
  • asdf1982asdf1982 Posts: 579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dont know but im pretty sure no musicians would consider going on a reality show unless their career was in really serious trouble i.e just been dropped or about to be dropped

its no coincidence that the other one is on SCD
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was under the impression that they were currently writing and since it's normally Danny and Tom who write the songs it can't hurt to have two in the public eye :\
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was under the impression that they were currently writing and since it's normally Danny and Tom who write the songs it can't hurt to have two in the public eye :\

yep that is correct . Tom writes most of their songs and Danny some of them :) They are signed to their own label so unless they are about to drop themselves then that is not a danger :p
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,766
    Forum Member
    it can't hurt to have two in the public eye :\
    For celebrities these shows are always a risk, look what happened when Jade Goody returned to Celebrity Big Brother!
  • Hello.Hello. Posts: 1,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    InMyArms wrote: »
    McFly are nowhere near as big as they were in 2004, and all their teen-girl fans from back then are now young women who probably look back and cringe.. their target audience now are more into One Direction and JLS. Their latest album went to #20, their first two went to #1. Theres a reason why one of the members is now on IAC..

I certainly don't cringe. They're a fantastic live act and I look forward to seeing them for the 8th year in a row next year on their tour.

Tom from McFly has just written a song on One Direction's new album so even if not directly their fans are his fans at least.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    yep that is correct . Tom writes most of their songs and Danny some of them :) They are signed to their own label so unless they are about to drop themselves then that is not a danger :p

Dougie writes too, Harry writes the least I think.
  • Hello.Hello. Posts: 1,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Hence why he has so much time to dance!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    was just saying that tom and danny do the most writing probably but agree that Dougie and Harry do some writting as well . :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    InMyArms wrote: »
    For celebrities these shows are always a risk, look what happened when Jade Goody returned to Celebrity Big Brother!

I suppose, but I think they're both coming across well so far :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello. wrote: »
    I certainly don't cringe. They're a fantastic live act and I look forward to seeing them for the 8th year in a row next year on their tour.

I don't cringe either . They are amazing live and unlike most boybands they write there own songs and all play instruments :)
  • popmusicmanpopmusicman Posts: 2,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the McFly boys do these show to raise money for charity (Harry has already said he is giving his fee for Strictly to charity. Don't think Dougie has said anything)

Danny did Popstars to Opera and did not make the final on a relatively low rating show. It will be interesting to see how Harry and Danny do on big primetime shows such as IAC and Strictly.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mcfly still have a huge fan base and are now also doing really well in other countries.

i use to think they was really cheesy till i saw them live,they won me over they put on a fantastic show. this is an example of what they are like live http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmo7Tulsgxg.

tom fletcher has wrote 7 number one hits,co wrote a number of busted songs and has just wrote a song for one direction and also just wrote the london 2012 mascot song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIetV43enos.
  • RoonilWazlibRoonilWazlib Posts: 62
    Forum Member
    I have been a fan since the beginning - not a teenager then, early 20's.
    I do not cringe, and I am not ashamed.

They are amazing live, and admire the fact they write their own songs and play their instruments. They also don't pretend to be anything they are not.

I have seen them live loads of time, they always sell out, and the audience is more varied than people think. (Seen groups of boys, for ex.)
  • -Felicity--Felicity- Posts: 4,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, they do still have a big fanbase, although no where near as big as 2004-2007 :)

They are the most fantastic band live, they do everything perfectly entertainment wise. Well, for me anyway.