Options

Mental Illness

12346»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    weeesel wrote: »
    Denise has passed a psych test before going into the house. She has therefore passed a test to be considered mentally competent to enter the house. If she does has a mental illness she ought not to be there, but clearly no-one believes she does. And the suggestion that anything that's been shown on TV could lead to prosecution is laughable.

Exactly!!
  • Options
    REDBUSREDBUS Posts: 2,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cannot believe that Michael hasn't been thrown out of the house because of his mental illness comments towards another contestant. Mental illness is a registered dis ablement like many other complaints, His remarks were as out of order had he made a complaint against homososexuality or race. This last eviction had to be a fix. Michael and the twins were booed the most. It is time for the authorites to be looking into betting scama as this was clearly one. Abusing the mentally ill is as bad as any abuse so he should be thrown off forewith, I am disgusted in him:mad:

TROLL OFF :rolleyes: 'as far as i read '
  • Options
    weeeselweeesel Posts: 5,256
    Forum Member
    REDBUS wrote: »
    TROLL OFF :rolleyes: 'as far as i read '

Ha! Or even 'troll on...'
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jobielad wrote: »
    I think this post s really insightful as if she did truly feel that depressed I am sure she would walk knowing that her health is at further risk by staying in the house. Or at least BB would surely call in a Psychologist as their duty of care to assess her. I rather see it as Denise acting for her life to get rid of her biggest competitor in the house (Michael) and I really don't like the lying and manipulation she does. She has managed to successfully turn most of the house against him mostly by crying and saying he makes her cry everyday. One would think as an empowered Loose Woman that she would be more adult in her actions. I do have empathy with people with depression and most of them I have met and those in my family would say the same as you. They don't use it as an excuse at all to get away with unwarranted and hurtful behaviour.

This is exactly how I see her, especially after tonight's episode, she deliberately went out there and said it was Michael that "butted in" when we all saw that one of the twins asked his opinion and he hadn't butted in at all! He didn't shout, he didn't yell, he just gave what he was asked for, his opinion.
  • Options
    ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Caz42 wrote: »
    Emotionally disturbed means she has mental health problems FGS !!!

You need to stop making excuses for a bully.

I didnt see him mock her?
    He just stated that she was emotionally disturbed....which she certainly appears to be, judging by her weird behaviour in the house. !
  • Options
    Raquelos.Raquelos. Posts: 7,734
    Forum Member
    Caz42 wrote: »
    Unbelievable ......are you a woman hater?

How ridiculous, I'm embarrassed for you
  • Options
    lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of course sometimes the best way is to laugh/joke about it I do it the whole time though sometimes my Mum doesn't see the funny side like if something goes wrong I say "That's it where's a rope" (To get that you have to know I hung myself a few years ago)

As for Denise I'm more offended by her using her depression issues as an excuse to try and get away with everything

Agree, and I'm sorry that you've been to that place. Hope things are better now.
    I think this post s really insightful as if she did truly feel that depressed I am sure she would walk knowing that her health is at further risk by staying in the house. Or at least BB would surely call in a Psychologist as their duty of care to assess her. I rather see it as Denise acting for her life to get rid of her biggest competitor in the house (Michael) and I really don't like the lying and manipulation she does. She has managed to successfully turn most of the house against him mostly by crying and saying he makes her cry everyday. One would think as an empowered Loose Woman that she would be more adult in her actions. I do have empathy with people with depression and most of them I have met and those in my family would say the same as you. They don't use it as an excuse at all to get away with unwarranted and hurtful behaviour.

I've just seen your response to me on another thread re the same thing (we were having an 'acting' or 'not acting' conversation), and having read it, and the detail on her 'coping' history, I think you're probably right, that there is a degree of acting going on there too. Which makes it far worse imo, that it's wilful and intentional.
  • Options
    jobieladjobielad Posts: 4,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    Agree, and I'm sorry that you've been to that place. Hope things are better now.

I've just seen your response to me on another thread re the same thing (we were having an 'acting' or 'not acting' conversation), and having read it, and the detail on her 'coping' history, I think you're probably right, that there is a degree of acting going on there too. Which makes it far worse imo, that it's wilful and intentional.

To complicate things a little I have also thought about another posters comments and now am debating whether or not Denise should be in there. Have posted a link about the ethics of BB written by a Psychologist and it really is interesting. The main BB psychologist Geoff Beatty left BB shortly after this and so did some others. It's worth a look at

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/1526762/Three-Big-Brother-contestants-should-not-have-taken-part-says-psychologist.html

Denise could also be depressed at the moment - anything is possible and I am not her Doctor or Psychologist
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    goodness sake michael wasnt out to belittle every person who has some kind of mental health problem,he was stating a fact and a very genuine reason of why he was nominating denise.

it might appear to some people that it was a very harsh thing to say,but blimey after being hounded and woken up by drunken womans rantings night after night i think what he said was pretty tame.

if they was going to kick anybody out it should have been denise clearly shes not in the right state of mind to be in cbb.
  • Options
    summertime09summertime09 Posts: 10,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    weeesel wrote: »
    Yes, dear of course it was.... now come on, time for your Ovaltine and Van Morrison CD.......

LOL, i despair!! :rolleyes:;)
  • Options
    spooky dspooky d Posts: 88
    Forum Member
    Pffttt. Who cares. She's just a typical middle aged woman. Drunk, useless and mentally duh.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    spooky d wrote: »
    Pffttt. Who cares. She's just a typical middle aged woman. Drunk, useless and mentally duh.

Oooo, very dangerous. You are on your own.

I do believe some older people (if have drunk alot for a long time) do tend to fall into nasty caricatures of themselves. I say this because I have seen it in quite a few people, that is not say some younger people do not do the same.
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    lexi22 wrote: »

I have good days and bad days but as long as I take my Anti Depressants I can cope better than I used to
  • Options
    weeeselweeesel Posts: 5,256
    Forum Member
    To complicate things a little I have also thought about another posters comments and now am debating whether or not Denise should be in there. Have posted a link about the ethics of BB written by a Psychologist and it really is interesting. The main BB psychologist Geoff Beatty left BB shortly after this and so did some others. It's worth a look at

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/1526762/Three-Big-Brother-contestants-should-not-have-taken-part-says-psychologist.html

Denise could also be depressed at the moment - anything is possible and I am not her Doctor or Psychologist
    Whoever is certainly ha their hands full in the foreseeable future...