CS: Steph the new streetwalker

mark e amark e a Posts: 2,261
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Steph constantly walking up and down the street and hapening to be in every scene is annoying. It's what I hated most about Tina

Comments

• Henry the catHenry the cat Posts: 46
    Forum Member
    she's pointless
  • Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 82,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steph likes meeting new people, but she seems to think that part of the reason people go to the Bistro, sorry I mean Just Nick's, is to have a chat with her!
  • Pink_SmurfPink_Smurf Posts: 6,883
    Forum Member
    I like steph! She's just not been given a major storyline yet.
  • callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alya is the same, always walking up and down the street, "conveniently" bumping into Gary.
  • Pink_SmurfPink_Smurf Posts: 6,883
    Forum Member
    Alya is the same, always walking up and down the street, "conveniently" bumping into Gary.

Tina was the same. I don't know why they are constantly loitering or walking up and down to conveniently bump into people or see people up to no good. Maybe they go to Dev's for an item at a time? Possibly out of boredom?

EDIT: Sorry I didn't see the bit where the OP mentioned Tina :blush::blush::blush:
  • notdebbiedinglenotdebbiedingle Posts: 45,817
    Forum Member
    As Pink_Smurf above points out the reason Steph keeps walking around the Street is she's on the lookout for a half decent storyline!! I like both her & Luke what bit we've seen of them!!
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    she's pointless

No character is pointless.
  • Hank1234Hank1234 Posts: 3,756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They really are.. Infact over half of Corrie characters deserve the axe
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    I like Steph. But she's ubiquitous.
  • Irma BuntIrma Bunt Posts: 1,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mark e a wrote: »
    Steph constantly walking up and down the street and hapening to be in every scene is annoying. It's what I hated most about Tina

She lives at the builders yard flat and works at the bistro. How else do you think she's going to get to and from work without walking up and down the street?
  • GracieLGracieL Posts: 4,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steph's one of my favourite characters, can't wait till she gets a story of her own. Defiantly one of the better younger generation!
  • trevon1trevon1 Posts: 6,530
    Forum Member
    I think Steph is cute, but they have not given her anything interesting to do.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She has no ties to the street but then again neither does Maria who instead of making a fresh start in life seems competent clearing up hair in a back street salon feeling sorry for herself
  • daryl_spicerdaryl_spicer Posts: 1,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Steph
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hank1234 wrote: »
    She has no ties to the street but then again neither does Maria who instead of making a fresh start in life seems competent clearing up hair in a back street salon feeling sorry for herself

Maria & Kirk are brother and sister, and therefore have links and ties that way to the Street (and each other's friends).

Not that Maria & Kirk are ever focused on as brother & sister. It's rarely, (if ever) acknowledged.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was mentioned last year over the Marcus thing a lot
  • alienpandaalienpanda Posts: 9,444
    Forum Member
    I think Steph and Luke's mother should pay a visit
  • Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Steph is gradually blending in to the street and I like her part in the Bistro. But having her walking up and down the street in the hope of a storyline is poor writing. She is a good actress and far outshines the abysmal Sophie and Muddie.
  • spungerspunger Posts: 2,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SULLA wrote: »
    No character is pointless.

Agree.
  • notdebbiedinglenotdebbiedingle Posts: 45,817
    Forum Member
    Hank1234 wrote: »

What a strange comment, Maria has lived & worked on Coronation Street almost 14 years now so how can you say she has no ties? Her brother lives on the street, she's popular with almost all the other residents & she probably still harbours hopes of taking over the salon one day, given David's track record, so no, can't agree with you on that one!!
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Taking lessons from Tina, lurking in t'corner ready to pounce.
  • LHolmesLHolmes Posts: 13,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Irma Bunt wrote: »
    She lives at the builders yard flat and works at the bistro. How else do you think she's going to get to and from work without walking up and down the street?
    But she does it constantly scene after scene, I'm sure Nick isn't as generous with his time off and breaks as Liz was with Tango Tina.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,246
    Forum Member
    She and her brother are awful