Options

Judges' choices ?

Comments

• Options
    Monsieur23Monsieur23 Posts: 6,916
    Forum Member
    I agree about the judges picking 31/32/33 scoring dances; I think their picking of the Viennese Waltz for Sophie last year left her little room for improvement.
  • Options
    MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    natalian wrote: »
    I know. They should choose both. A latin one and a ballroom one of their choice plus the showdance which is how it used to be once upon a time.

I suspect given a free choice Frankie would have chosen Paso Doble and Tango as she said on ITT that these were her favourite dances of the series.

All of them should have a free choice with their fate in their own hands.

I prefer the judges choice for one dance so an improvement can me made. Picking all your own best dances could make the show very dull, as often best dances are the same for more than one couple.
  • Options
    davegolddavegold Posts: 3,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's better that the judges pick one of the dances. We know that Tess is going to ask Craig "You said that the samba was Frankie's worst dance. Has she improved?" and it could be a big vote winner if Craig says yes (or vote loser if he says no). If we want to see her do the same Tango again we can go to YouTube.
  • Options
    aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Monkseal wrote: »
    I suspect the faff of her flying up to the ceiling at the end with a giant curtain trailing off her arse would probably have troubled them more...

Yeah, Pasha managed to be green tinged and eary with the Shrek jive in their final so I think the makeup could have been worked around.
  • Options
    GeorgeMarshGeorgeMarsh Posts: 1,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The judges are setting up Caroline to win.
  • Options
    StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    Monkseal wrote: »
    I suspect the faff of her flying up to the ceiling at the end with a giant curtain trailing off her arse would probably have troubled them more...

Here's a tip for the producers: if the (unnecessary) technicalities of a routine mean that it can't be repeated at another stage of the competition... probably best to leave said technicalities out.
  • Options
    londongirlGrelondongirlGre Posts: 23,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

How are they doing that?
  • Options
    Andy_Smith1Andy_Smith1 Posts: 4,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

How and why? Any thing could happen on the night
  • Options
    TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member

Quite possibly - although I do feel they're trying to overhype Simon and Mark in an attempt to make us think its an open competition and they've actually earned their place there.

Frankie's fanbase will certainly be tested tomorrow, but I still think she has a good chance of winning.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    Monsieur23 wrote: »
    I agree about the judges picking 31/32/33 scoring dances; I think their picking of the Viennese Waltz for Sophie last year left her little room for improvement.

Would have left even less room for improvement if they'd scored it fairly the first time out!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tejas wrote: »
    Quite possibly - although I do feel they're trying to overhype Simon and Mark in an attempt to make us think its an open competition and they've actually earned their place there.

Frankie's fanbase will certainly be tested tomorrow, but I still think she has a good chance of winning.

Simon and Mark have earned their place in the final.
  • Options
    PebroxPebrox Posts: 169
    Forum Member

I think that's nonsense, particularly since they can't do much anyway as they're not the ones voting.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pebrox wrote: »
    I think that's nonsense, particularly since they can't do much anyway as they're not the ones voting.

But they can influence votes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But they can influence votes.

Can they influence your vote? I know you want Frankie to win but going on with this "they are setting someone else up for a win" stuff when anything could happen on the night, like a fall or a slip up, its just a bit stupid It all depends on the night, its the public who vote for the outright winner
  • Options
    shrinkingvioletshrinkingviolet Posts: 3,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tejas wrote: »

I think her fanbase should get the chip off their shoulder and stop with the 'big bad judges, why's Caroline the favourite, I don't want the samba or to be on first!!!! wah, wah, wah' conspiracy nonsense before the final. It's off putting and alienating to people who otherwise would be happy with whoever wins.

Why on earth would the judges/producers not want her to win? She's young, beautiful, dancing with one of the more popular pros, a wag and doing the tour. Be reasonable.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think her fanbase should get the chip off their shoulder and stop with the 'big bad judges, why's Caroline the favourite, I don't want the samba or to be on first!!!! wah, wah, wah' conspiracy nonsense before the final. It's off putting and alienating to people who otherwise would be happy with whoever wins.

Why on earth would the judges/producers not want her to win? She's young, beautiful, dancing with one of the more popular pros, a wag and doing the tour. Be reasonable.

There is no reason why they wouldn't want any of them to win, they are all on the tour all dancing with their partners {bar Caroline but she's on the tour} they all stand a chance of winning
  • Options
    shrinkingvioletshrinkingviolet Posts: 3,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is no reason why they wouldn't want any of them to win, they are all on the tour all dancing with their partners {bar Caroline but she's on the tour} they all stand a chance of winning

Exactly. Some of the spoilt, 'just in case' excuse making whining before a dance has even happened yet is so ridiculous.

If Caroline (or anyone else) wins its not going to be because the big bad judges/producers have helped them win it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly. Some of the spoilt, 'just in case' excuse making whining before a dance has even happened yet is so ridiculous.

If Caroline (or anyone else) wins its not going to be because the big bad judges/producers have helped them win it.

Agreed.
  • Options
    PebroxPebrox Posts: 169
    Forum Member

Yeah, there are some bizarre comments on this... Besides, Frankie seems to have been very popular with voters so far - even during some of her more dodgy dances and unsure positions on the leaderboard. When people have a favourite, they don't often change so quickly.
  • Options
    tealovertealover Posts: 2,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    why do the judges choice dances have to be kept secret?

and why can't the public vote for the dance they'd like to see each couple dance again?

and finally - the wild card mentioned by Darcy is a great idea.......but again, brought back by the public vote.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 83
    Forum Member
    When I saw Frankie and Kevin on ITV yesterday she acted as if she was not about to dance the Samba.
  • Options
    daziechaindaziechain Posts: 12,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When I saw Frankie and Kevin on ITV yesterday she acted as if she was not about to dance the Samba.
    Perhaps she's not. We won't know until tomorrow.
  • Options
    aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It could be a big old BBC wind up ;-) :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What show was they on?
  • Options
    nataliannatalian Posts: 4,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She isn't doing the samba. She is doing the paso doble as her choice so it would be completely nonsensical if she wasn't doing a ballroom dance as the judges choice.