I don't believe thay they film two endings

hownwbrowncowhownwbrowncow Posts: 6,188
Forum Member
Some of the reactions are too genuine and unique shall we say to be acted... Think of Saira, Claire, Lee, Yasmina, their reactions all seem so genuine.

I think the final two are only allowed to tell a handful of people whether they've won or not, and to everyone else, they have to say that two endings were filmed, and the winner is announced days before the final is aired.

Yes, saira says she had to work in Siralan's company but I'm not sure I believe that... Think of Series 1 Episode 12... They have this wrap party at the end, which Tim seems to be seeing his wife for the first time in a while, and he has just found out he's won.

Alternatively, my other theory is that they reconstruct the boardroom, and filmthe final scenes.

Comments

• george.millmangeorge.millman Posts: 8,628
    Forum Member
    I think that if they didn't film two endings, after claiming that they did, that would get found out at some point. Someone would have leaked it to the press. It wouldn't be possible to re-shoot the boardroom scenes later either, because usually it's several months before it airs - in the case of Series 6, it was a full year. The candidates would look a bit different - at the very least, the women's hair would be slightly shorter or longer.

In the case of Series 1, I think that Tim's interview was probably genuinely after he'd found out that he had won, as everyone else seemed to be at that party. On all the other series, I think that the taxi interviews are faked - I don't know why they bother to do that as everyone knows that they film two endings, but they just want to round it off nicely, I guess. I'd prefer it to cut to them after they have actually won, and also I'd like to hear the perspective of the runner-up as well. I always feel a bit cheated that we don't see an interview with them.
  • BigDaveXBigDaveX Posts: 835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think they film two endings any more; from what I remember of Tom P. and Ricky's post-series interviews, Sugar actually does make his final decision as to who gets his investment during filming of the series' final boardroom.

However, in the years when a job was on the line, the finalists pretty consistently said they filmed two endings. Simon in particular joked that the reason he was hired was because he got to film his victory reaction first, and Kristina's just wasn't as convincing. :p
  • hownwbrowncowhownwbrowncow Posts: 6,188
    Forum Member
    So how did Saira and Claire muster up these tears? :D
    Forum Member
    BigDaveX wrote: »
    I don't think they film two endings any more; from what I remember of Tom P. and Ricky's post-series interviews, Sugar actually does make his final decision as to who gets his investment during filming of the series' final boardroom.

However, in the years when a job was on the line, the finalists pretty consistently said they filmed two endings. Simon in particular joked that the reason he was hired was because he got to film his victory reaction first, and Kristina's just wasn't as convincing. :p

I'm sure I have seen a statement as recently as YA3 on the BBC website suggesting that two endings are filmed.
  • BigDaveXBigDaveX Posts: 835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So how did Saira and Claire muster up these tears? :D

I can think of a few different ways:

1) They didn't know they were filming two different endings, and thought they had lost out for definite.

2) They did know they were filming two endings, but still got emotional enough about the possibility of not winning that they shed a tear or twenty.

3) They actually started crying at a different point in the boardroom, and it got shuffled around during editing to give the impression that they were reacting to the news of their loss.

4) Someone from the production team just waved a particularly strong onion in their face.
    I'm sure I have seen a statement as recently as YA3 on the BBC website suggesting that two endings are filmed.

Possibly they still do then. In fact, thinking about it Series 7 and 8 may have just been the exceptions to the rule, given that they had a different format for the final in those years.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah - looking at how bad some candidates are at acting (see advertising tasks!) and how convincing a lot of the endings are, I think there must be a bit more to it than, "All right, now pretend like you've won." I suspect they might film a real ending and a decoy ending, with the proviso thar Alan's free to change his mind if he sees fit. Neither candidate knows that they've won, but they've got a pretty good idea that when he says it, he means it.
    Forum Member
    rwebster wrote: »
    Yeah - looking at how bad some candidates are at acting (see advertising tasks!) and how convincing a lot of the endings are, I think there must be a bit more to it than, "All right, now pretend like you've won." I suspect they might film a real ending and a decoy ending, with the proviso thar Alan's free to change his mind if he sees fit. Neither candidate knows that they've won, but they've got a pretty good idea that when he says it, he means it.

I actually like Big Dave's idea that they could have been crying at a different point in the boardroom, and it was just shuffled around. The taxi interviews really annoy me though, as they are clearly faked. I'd prefer them to cut to their reaction after they were actually told they had won (which I think was what happened in Series 1) and then it would be more genuine, therefore more satisfying.
    Forum Member
    I actually think rwebster has probably got it spot on! Perhaps Luisa was originally Lord Sugars choice and then he changed to Leah, because that taxi interview is really terrible! :eek:
    Forum Member
    I actually think rwebster has probably got it spot on! Perhaps Luisa was originally Lord Sugars choice and then he changed to Leah, because that taxi interview is really terrible! :eek:

But the problem with that theory is that they know that they're filming two endings. So even if the real one is filmed first, they still at that point won't be under the impression that they've won.
  • boab34boab34 Posts: 1,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iirc the finalists are only told a few days before filming You're Hired and not more than a week before the final is aired

it's not hard to film 2 endings as the show is so heavily edited and they have lots of spare footage to use
  • Jo09Jo09 Posts: 3,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Or they film one version, do the taxi rides then get told that was just a decoy the real version is being filmed, then say it could be either.
    Forum Member
    Jo09 wrote: »
    Or they film one version, do the taxi rides then get told that was just a decoy the real version is being filmed, then say it could be either.

I don't think they'd be able to do that. Firstly, I'm sure there must be laws against it; it is highly unethical to tell someone officially that they've received a job offer or a business investment, and then for that information to be declared null and void. Secondly, it is commonly known that two endings are filmed, and I imagine that the contestants know that from the start.
  • TyjetTyjet Posts: 8,509
    Forum Member
    I think the taxi interviews are actually filmed after they've found out that they've won. At least, I'm fairly sure that was the case last year going simply by how different Leah looked in the taxi. Her taxi look was far closer to her YH look.
    Forum Member
    Tyjet wrote: »
    I think the taxi interviews are actually filmed after they've found out that they've won. At least, I'm fairly sure that was the case last year going simply by how different Leah looked in the taxi. Her taxi look was far closer to her YH look.

Id never noticed that. I just went back and looked, and she's also got different make-up... Her taxi reaction does sound very fake though, so i still think she was told that shrd won six months earlier at the end of the filming, and that's why she sounds so fake.
    Forum Member

That's a really good point actually, it could be done like that.
    Forum Member
    Thank goodness, couldn't find this thread, but finally did!

I definitely don't believe it now, as someone in the spoiler thread found out that Climb-online has been a registered company since June, when the series finished filming.
  • ea91ea91 Posts: 2,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I definitely don't believe it now, as someone in the spoiler thread found out that Climb-online has been a registered company since June, when the series finished filming.

That's just good sense. In an earlier series a candidate was called out for not registering their domain and one of the interviewers had actually bought it. As for the two endings, I think you can easily argue from Bianca's smile and lack of reaction that they did not actually know who was hired.
    Forum Member

That is odd. In the past they have always been careful to avoid giving the prize to the winner, or indeed revealing to the winner who they are, until a few days before the show. Why would they have changed it now?
    Forum Member

And what about the fact that the preview showed him very clearly pointing to Bianca? :p
    Forum Member
    That is odd. In the past they have always been careful to avoid giving the prize to the winner, or indeed revealing to the winner who they are, until a few days before the show. Why would they have changed it now?

Perhaps they've done that every year and just nobody noticed?

For the records, Bianca's idea wasn't registered on that site.

Here is the link by the way:
    http://www.endole.co.uk/company/09090758/climb-online-limited
    Forum Member

For the records, Bianca's idea wasn't registered on that site.

Here is the link by the way:
    http://www.endole.co.uk/company/09090758/climb-online-limited

The BBC have been completely open about the fact that two endings are filmed.
    Forum Member
    The BBC have been completely open about the fact that two endings are filmed.

I honestly think that that's a cover up. If people believe that there is no result to look for/be leaked, then they won't look for one. It's to make it easier to keep it under wraps IMHO.
    Forum Member
    They haven't.

Mark's business being registered so early is odd and out of the ordinary, but that has nothing to do with the production of the show itself. There are a number of possible explanations.

Two endings are definitely filmed, and in this case there is quite clear evidence of it: as I've already mentioned, in the preview for the final he very clearly points to Bianca, but the winner was Mark.
    Forum Member
    They haven't.

Mark's business being registered so early is odd and out of the ordinary, but that has nothing to do with the production of the show itself. There are a number of possible explanations.

Two endings are definitely filmed, and in this case there is quite clear evidence of it: as I've already mentioned, in the preview for the final he very clearly points to Bianca, but the winner was Mark.

Well why was Mark's business registered with Lord Sugar and Bianca's wasn't, before he had supposedly made the decision?
    Forum Member
    I honestly think that that's a cover up. If people believe that there is no result to look for/be leaked, then they won't look for one. It's to make it easier to keep it under wraps IMHO.

If you take one glance at this forum, it is very clear that people do in fact look for one.