Options

I can't take Callum seriously as a bad boy - he's too camp

alienpandaalienpanda Posts: 9,444
Forum Member
I can't take Callum seriously as a bad boy - he's too camp. He'd be more suited as Todd's new love interest

Comments

• Options
    jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think if he had the army hair cut and less facial hair like the actor did in Our Girl he might "look the part" a bit morem
  • Options
    Forum Member
    When he was "threatening" Kylie in the alleyway, he was actually bitching to her about her split ends in his camp voice. About as threatening as elmo from sesame street.
  • Options
    boogie woogieboogie woogie Posts: 16,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find the actor playing fake Gavin much more convincing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's absolutely woeful. He seems to think he's in a panto, but judging by the standard of acting portrayed by almost all Corrie newcomers this year, perhaps he is.

His ludicrous, dated and painfully bad dialogue doesn't help one iota. Even Kenneth Branagh would struggle with such diabolical dreck.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I found him rather camp too. Thought it was just me
  • Options
    T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not convinced by the actor's suitability for the role nor the character. He's a pretty bland and unintimidating "bad boy" and is poor compared to the current batch of soap bad boys at the moment.

What I don't get is why every bad boy has to be rugged and "hot" all the time in every soap. I'd like to see a Grant Mitchell style bad boy who actually looks and acts the part, rather than a pretty boy trying too hard to play tough. Corrie should've brought back the loan shark who terrorised Joe McIntryre, and who now plays Trevor Royle in Hollyoaks.
  • Options
    FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
    Forum Member
    I think if he had the army hair cut and less facial hair like the actor did in Our Girl he might "look the part" a bit morem

That's where he's from! Thought I recognised him :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Is obvious be will get together with Sarah Louise when she comes back
  • Options
    danyelldanyell Posts: 10,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haven't really noticed the campness.
  • Options
    danyelldanyell Posts: 10,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alienpanda wrote: »
    Is obvious be will get together with Sarah Louise when she comes back

Whys that then? I didn't think Callum was staying in it long term anyway.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    danyell wrote: »
    Whys that then? I didn't think Callum was staying in it long term anyway.

It was confirmed a few weeks ago that he impressed the bosses so much, they signed him on as a regular.
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As gay man, I am not seeing the camp thing
  • Options
    craig_25craig_25 Posts: 2,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's quite easy on the eye. Not as easy as fakeGavin, but still...
  • Options
    grazemytvaddictgrazemytvaddict Posts: 4,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find the actor playing fake Gavin much more convincing.

I still think they are the same people.
  • Options
    sam_geesam_gee Posts: 48,954
    Forum Member
    Callum's voice is a bit camp so he doesn't sound very tough to me. Nice looking though.

I don't like fake Gavin's scaredy/bambi eyes. He always looks like he's about to take flight.

Weren't these two supposed to be part of a gang of four new hunks? I think Zidan was another one but can't remember the fourth one. Can't say any of them do it for me :)
  • Options
    attitude99attitude99 Posts: 14,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sam_gee wrote: »
    Callum's voice is a bit camp so he doesn't sound very tough to me. Nice looking though.

I don't like fake Gavin's scaredy/bambi eyes. He always looks like he's about to take flight.

Weren't these two supposed to be part of a gang of four new hunks? I think Zidan was another one but can't remember the fourth one. Can't say any of them do it for me :)

The fourth one was Luke Stephs brother.
  • Options
    SuperSoaperSuperSoaper Posts: 5,724
    Forum Member
    I think he's rubbish to be honest. The whole storyline is boring.
  • Options
    VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,868
    Forum Member
    Never mind that - he's absolutely gorgeous
  • Options
    stellersstellers Posts: 916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He is a rubbish baddie.:D
  • Options
    MattehhhftwMattehhhftw Posts: 8,688
    Forum Member
    VoodooChic wrote: »
    Never mind that - he's absolutely gorgeous

I second this.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was confirmed a few weeks ago that he impressed the bosses so much, they signed him on as a regular.

Which just goes to show how low their standards have become. Like many things in Corrie, the acting has really deteriorated in recent years. Luke is the only newbie I have taken to this year. Andrea is AWFUL, and I'm unsure about Erica. The character is good, but Claire King's acting is a bit rough around the edges, which surprises me as she is a good actress. But I want to like Erica so hopefully Claire will find her feet. But at the moment Erica is little more than a caricature.
  • Options
    Anya DAnya D Posts: 14,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know that I find him camp, but I certainly can't take anyone with a spoiler like that on their car seriously.
  • Options
    jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Firegazer wrote: »
    That's where he's from! Thought I recognised him :)

Yeah it took me a while to work out but that's where I knew him from.
  • Options
    rollockingbatrollockingbat Posts: 1,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Citadel wrote: »
    But at the moment Erica is little more than a caricature.

Unfortunately, that can be said about 90% of Corrie's characters at the moment. :(

I haven't noticed the campness people are talking about really, but I'll be glad when this storyline's over. The best thing about it was the last scene last night but it's getting boring having Kylie/David's relationship being threatened every Christmas.
  • Options
    dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Blackburn is easily pleased