Comments

• Options
    vauxhall1964vauxhall1964 Posts: 10,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    island101 wrote: »
    Have you missed Jonothan Ross?
    Are you looking forward to his return ?

I have not missed him a jot and wish he was not coming back............:cry:

His first name isn't spelt with two o's
  • Options
    mathertronmathertron Posts: 30,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will be glad to see some original programming on telly..
  • Options
    philrocks08philrocks08 Posts: 717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yes i cant wait till he comes back theres eff all on fridays now and i miss is saturday show
  • Options
    when0in0romewhen0in0rome Posts: 7,180
    Forum Member
    i cant wait
  • Options
    snossissnossis Posts: 1,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not bothered by the TV show - but have missed the radio show like crazy!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,143
    Forum Member
    I've not neccessarily missed him but I'm glad the show will be back (because I like that sort of thing on a Friday night) and am glad that Film 2009 will be on.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm not that bovvered either - his show was getting stale:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 145
    Forum Member
    Cstar2229 wrote: »
    I'm not that bovvered either - his show was getting stale:(

Exactly, "was getting stale" so the rest will have done it good.

I can't wait, Saturday radio just hasnt been the same.
  • Options
    CentCent Posts: 26,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cant wait for TV show and Radio show.

Radio particularly dire on Saturday mornings - nothing to listen to in the car.
  • Options
    Channel HopperChannel Hopper Posts: 15,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cent wrote: »
    Radio particularly dire on Saturday mornings - nothing to listen to in the car.

You need to read the operators manual, at the very least to check if it is faulty.
  • Options
    EllieGEllieG Posts: 108,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want him back - as the Daily Mail don't: can't wait to see the steam rising from their indignation at whatever he says on Fri :D

Plus I like his radio show on a Sat - ideal for doing my housework to :)
  • Options
    redstar81redstar81 Posts: 1,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely his radio 2 show (whoever is on just now is awful) and film (although I thought Mark Kermode would've been a good, permanent, replacement). Friday night show....meh.
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm looking forward to him coming back, but only really missed the chat show for a week and then forgot about it
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member

Me me me! Saturday morning on Radio 2 has been pretty awful lately. Although at least Richard Allinson only lasted a few weeks. God, he's dull.
  • Options
    VoxersVoxers Posts: 151
    Forum Member
    I'm somewhere between meh and pffht on this one.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 264
    Forum Member
    Me.

I've missed him an awful lot. Both on TV and radio. I'm an old Rossy fan from the days of the Last Resort on C4, and I think he's a great chat show host. The media don't seem to get that a lot of JR's fans are not under 35. And yes - we can even hear the odd rude word without running to the Daily Mail sad dept.

I only hope they don't neuter him too much.

To tell him off for the Andrew Sachs debacle is one thing (although I DO feel the BBC should have checked anything Brand and Ross do together first before airing it) but to edit out all swear words and anything mildly rude (which I fear is what they will do) will really make my blood boil.

I watch his show for a bit of irreverence and some adult humour. I don't want the show sanitised. It goes out past 10.00pm which is when 18 cert films are allowed. If he can't say the odd rude word or suggestable sentence, I'll feel the BBC have not understood one of the reasons people watch JR in the first place.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 81
    Forum Member
    I'm looking forward to Jonathan getting back to work - always look forward to his show on a Friday night :cool:

I hope he doesn't compromise who he is and continues to entertain those that enjoy him, rather than bowing down to the complainers :rolleyes:
  • Options
    TMLS313TMLS313 Posts: 3,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good to have him back so we can forget the whole sorry business.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SalBags wrote: »
    Me.

I've missed him an awful lot. Both on TV and radio. I'm an old Rossy fan from the days of the Last Resort on C4, and I think he's a great chat show host. The media don't seem to get that a lot of JR's fans are not under 35. And yes - we can even hear the odd rude word without running to the Daily Mail sad dept.

I only hope they don't neuter him too much.

To tell him off for the Andrew Sachs debacle is one thing (although I DO feel the BBC should have checked anything Brand and Ross do together first before airing it) but to edit out all swear words and anything mildly rude (which I fear is what they will do) will really make my blood boil.

I watch his show for a bit of irreverence and some adult humour. I don't want the show sanitised. It goes out past 10.00pm which is when 18 cert films are allowed. If he can't say the odd rude word or suggestable sentence, I'll feel the BBC have not understood one of the reasons people watch JR in the first place.

I'm an old Last resort fan too! I'm about the same age as Jonathan Ross and I do agree that everyone seems to think that his fans are all under 35. Even us old farts have a sense of humour you know.
    And even if he wasnt to my taste I still think the public outcry against him was ridiculous - a lot of people dont like him so obviously dont want him back - which doesnt make sense because they wouldnt be watching or listening to him anyway. He told a wonderful gem of a story once on his R2 programme about a little boy who snuck into his carriage on a train journey. Then he had David Tennant on - it was a joyful hour and yaboo to those who keep on about him. Big it up for Russell too - nice to see his concerts are sell outs.
  • Options
    ScaramoucheScaramouche Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm looking forward to the return of both his TV and Radio shows. Those that hate him should be able to avoid both fairly easily, just as I avoid Songs of Praise and the endless repeats of 'Ello 'Ello. Each to their own.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm looking forward to it, and I think I will make a special effort to listen to his radio show too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 264
    Forum Member
    I'm looking forward to the return of both his TV and Radio shows. Those that hate him should be able to avoid both fairly easily, just as I avoid Songs of Praise and the endless repeats of 'Ello 'Ello. Each to their own.

Exactly. My personal hate is Eastenders. Hey maybe I and AN Other should complain about Eastenders (I believe 2 complaints is the accepted number to get something off TV now) and then get the Daily Mail to bang on and on and on about it, until Gordon Brown decides it's crap too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 335
    Forum Member
    I've missed the radio show. Ok fair enough he can be a bit of a t*sser on the TV especially when he's interviewing celebs. Although at least he doesn't always just let them drone on about how great their latest film is.

I'm an old 'last resort' fan too. I'm hoping this might help him tone down his admittedly lascivious side, which was kinda funny when he was a youngun but is now becoming a bit too dirty old man for my liking. It's seemed increasingly pathetic and he's worth more than that!
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't miss him and hope they replace him with somebody else.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TMLS313 wrote: »
    Good to have him back so we can forget the whole sorry business.

That will never happen.

Even his obituarities will mention "Sachsgate".