New Vita Owner - advice please

daveyp2007daveyp2007 Posts: 153
Forum Member
Hi All

Just picked up a vita in the argos offer, thought it was to good to turn down so i went for it. Mainly because i wanted one and secondly hoping to use it with the PS4.

However reading on the internet it doesnt seem clear if the 1000 model (OLED) will be compatible with remote play on the PS4??

If it is not planned I will take it back tomorrow, but im hoping this is not the case?

Any ideas or links?

Comments

• fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It will work just fine. :)
  • jokerzjokerz Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daveyp2007 wrote: »
    Hi All

Just picked up a vita in the argos offer, thought it was to good to turn down so i went for it. Mainly because i wanted one and secondly hoping to use it with the PS4.

However reading on the internet it doesnt seem clear if the 1000 model (OLED) will be compatible with remote play on the PS4??

If it is not planned I will take it back tomorrow, but im hoping this is not the case?

Any ideas or links?

Yep completely :)

The new one hasn't been confirmed for the West yet and I doubt they would be stupid enough to block off their current user base.

Good choice btw - it's a brilliant machine!
  • dalehitchydalehitchy Posts: 8,873
    Forum Member
    99% sure it wil be compatible so i wouldnt worry.

if you havnt already got it i would advise to get ps plus

games free this month:
    street fight vs tekken
    touch my katamari

games free next month:
    MotorStorm RC
    Oddworld Stranger’s Wrath

also uncharted and gravity in there too. if you got a ps3 even more worth it as Metal Solid Rising: Revengeance and remember me is there too!
  • daveyp2007daveyp2007 Posts: 153
    Forum Member
    Thanks everyone really useful! !!

Ive had a playstation for years but never rook the plunge to ps+, but everything im reading basically states its a must with the vita, but that will be next month

Cheers again
  • -Batman--Batman- Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    biggest advice if you get plus get the biggest memory card you can afford, your gonna need some really good free games