sons of anarchy s6 (uk)

grazey1985grazey1985 Posts: 1,480
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Well no broadcast date for s6 and the blu ray has a release date set for 1st September http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00DHB3U4W/ref=mp_s_a_1_5?qid=1395708400&sr=8-5&pi=AC_SX110_SY165.

Wonder if channel 5 has lost the rights as if they wait much longer it will be out on dvd/blu ray release before its broadcast.

Comments

• phylo_roadkingphylo_roadking Posts: 21,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1st September???

Now THAT is interesting....

It's over two months earlier than normal ;-) Normally it's into mid-November, or JUST the week before the next series premiers in the U.S.

Which would make me wonder if they're going to broadcast series 6 HERE starting around the same time...in effect segue'ing straight into series 7 in the States? Which most of us will be watching by one means or another ANYWAY, after all.... ;-)
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Wouldn't get your hopes up - it was listed as September last year, then changed to November as it got close to the original release date :(
  • AL_BundyAL_Bundy Posts: 152
    Forum Member
    grazey1985 wrote: »
    Well no broadcast date for s6 and the blu ray has a release date set for 1st September http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00DHB3U4W/ref=mp_s_a_1_5?qid=1395708400&sr=8-5&pi=AC_SX110_SY165.

Wonder if channel 5 has lost the rights as if they wait much longer it will be out on dvd/blu ray release before its broadcast.

The repeats of Season 5 are on 5* Sundays night i think so i am wondering if they will start Season 6 straight after ?:confused:
  • JonVonHeroJonVonHero Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    I'm fairly sure there was an article on here a while back (may have been a TubeTalk Q&A) stating that 5 hadn't picked up the option on S6 of this, nor S5 of Justified... which are probably the 2 best shows they carry!

I've taken to getting hold of it through other means now
  • oilcatoilcat Posts: 27,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wouldnt be surprised if they didnt show it, they showed it on 5USA which has possibly the crappest PQ of ALL channels.

Yep they would rather throw money at p*sh like Big Brother or buy up a SIX year old show like NCIS Los Angeles
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 472
    Forum Member
    im from UK and i have just finished all 6 seasons and thought it was brilliant , apparently there will be another season around september 2014 is this correct ?
  • gamersxchangegamersxchange Posts: 279
    Forum Member
    shades1 wrote: »
    im from UK and i have just finished all 6 seasons and thought it was brilliant , apparently there will be another season around september 2014 is this correct ?

Indeed it'll be the seventh and final season of the show!
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Sons Of Anarchy has previously premiered in the UK on Channel 5′s digi-net 5USA, who aired seasons three though five between 2011 and 2013. Representatives of Channel 5 have confirmed to TVWise that that have decided not to pick up the UK rights to season six. That being the case, 20th Century Fox has decided to release the sixth season direct to consumers, just as Sony did when Breaking Bad lost its UK broadcaster.

http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2014/07/sons-anarchy-season-6-get-uk-premiere-digital-hd-dvd-blu-ray/
  • The_don1The_don1 Posts: 17,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The writter (and show-runner) was over here not so long ago and did try to find out when it was going to be shown on UK and found out nothing.

If he cannot get any info I think peoples best bet is to buy the DVD when it comes out as think it be awhile before its shown on TV (if it ever is)
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,778
    Forum Member
    I downloaded the series when it became clear it wasn't going to be shown. Looking forward to the final series to see if Kurt Sutter goes through with the Hamlet thing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I downloaded the series when it became clear it wasn't going to be shown. Looking forward to the final series to see if Kurt Sutter goes through with the Hamlet thing.

Looking at the trailer so far with Jax riding on a bike as death, its looking along those lines
    Forum Member
    The_don1 wrote: »
    Looking at the trailer so far with Jax riding on a bike as death, its looking along those lines

I'm not overly familiar with Hamlet, but more or less everyone dies in the end don't they?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not overly familiar with Hamlet, but more or less everyone dies in the end don't they?

From memory yea thats about it.

I can see only one or two surviving myself.

Switch beween Gemma dying and lasting more then anyone else in the show.

Her all alone after everyone is dead would make for one ending but then again she has done some nasty sh~t and needs to pay.
    Forum Member
    The_don1 wrote: »
    From memory yea thats about it.

I can see only one or two surviving myself.

Switch beween Gemma dying and lasting more then anyone else in the show.

Her all alone after everyone is dead would make for one ending but then again she has done some nasty sh~t and needs to pay.

In Hamlet, 'Gemma' gets poisoned by a drink meant for Hamlet (Jax) I think.
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So Ch5 have dropped Season 6 of Sons of Anarchy then? Prior to that they dropped the final season of Justified didn't they? It's crazy that they seem to be dropping their most critically regarded US shows.

Hell, if they can drop The Walking Dead and then bring it back from the dead lol maybe next year they'll change their minds and pick those shows up again.
  • hybridtheoryhybridtheory Posts: 850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi

Anyone know or heard any rumours if and when season 6 will be on Netflix US?

Thanks

Baz
    Forum Member
    Just watched the last episode of Season 6. OMFG as the kids say.
  • hybridtheoryhybridtheory Posts: 850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shades1 wrote: »
    Just watched the last episode of Season 6. OMFG as the kids say.

Hi

How have u guys managed to watch Season 6?

Thanks

Baz
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    couldnt wait any longer as i dont want finale season ever ruined

caught episode 1 of s6 earlier today, wow, shocking in places.
  • deadmancarldeadmancarl Posts: 2,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I had to go down the download route as I got fed up of no news of whether or not it was going to be shown here. I've now seen the first 4 episodes.
    Sadly I've had the ending spoiled for me, so I want to be ready to watch Series 7 as soon as it airs in the US to avoid any spoilers
    Forum Member
    whedon247 wrote: »

You aint seen nothing yet mate. It's pretty shocking throughout.
    Forum Member
    Hi

How have u guys managed to watch Season 6?

Thanks

Baz

Downloaded it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    whedon247 wrote: »

Naaa, shocking comes later
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For those not into downloading Amazon Instant Video are selling season 6 for 19.99 (£24.99 HD)