Christmas Present Idea Thread.

mummypiggetmummypigget Posts: 12,325
Forum Member
✭✭
Really sorry to those people who are hacked off with all things Christmassy :o:D

I thought perhaps we could have a thread where we share ideas of what we are getting and for who, it might provide some inspiration for others.

So far I have got my best friend and her finance a giant multi picture photo frame, they are forever taking pictures but don't have many on display.

One of the little presents I am getting for my Dad is a chilli plant, its from Sainsburys and is in a small silver bucket.

Merry Christmas

:D:)

Comments

• BethaneenyBethaneeny Posts: 10,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Merry Christmukah :) - I'm Jewish, Chanukah is in 10 days! But the family do both :)

I'm getting my secret santa person a set from superdrug, not sure exactly what, but something from here http://www.superdrug.com/gifts-offers/gifts-under-+16310/icat/giftunder10/

And not xmas, but it's best friend's 19th in January, and she made someone a personalised bracelet as a thank you a while ago, and was saying how she'd love if someone did that for her (she wasn't hinting though, this was in the summer :p ), so I'm doing that for her :)
  • mummypiggetmummypigget Posts: 12,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The link doesn't work but I evetually found the page, they have quite a bit don't they under a tenner, so might have a look.

That bracelet sounds lovely :)
  • Elphie_LivesElphie_Lives Posts: 4,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For my gf, we've decided we'll just go into town with each other and pick something we like for ourselves and the other will pay for it. Mostly because she doesn't know what to get me.

Sister- Nigella Lawson's cookbook and some stuff from Lush

Everyone else me and her share the price with so she can choose. I constantly worry people will hate what I choose them.

Oh, I just realised I have to buy things for my gf's family too don't I? Oh shit, more pressure.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eeek, in laws are the worst!! I leave his mum to hubby but apart from that, I sort all the Christmas pressies:D

How long have you been with your girlfriend? Does it have to be a major pressie or just a "token" gift, ie tin of biscuits/bottle of wine job?
  • LushnessLushness Posts: 38,168
    Forum Member
    I hope I get a lady for my secret santa as I've bought some of these http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.759222.cm_scid.KeywordSearch pretty book marks and intend to give one to a colleague and the other two to friends.
  • Elphie_LivesElphie_Lives Posts: 4,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eeek, in laws are the worst!! I leave his mum to hubby but apart from that, I sort all the Christmas pressies:D

How long have you been with your girlfriend? Does it have to be a major pressie or just a "token" gift, ie tin of biscuits/bottle of wine job?

2 years. So I guess bottle of wine, some shortbread and flowers would do. The brother I could get guitar plectrums or something :p
  • kjh84kjh84 Posts: 651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This year i have decided to make foods as gifts for extended friends & family. And for the children except my own i'll be spending no more than £10 :D
  • Skip_TechSkip_Tech Posts: 2,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am using road kill for many of my offerings

Roll the animal in glitter, garnish with some talc and lipstick and then attach a funny saying (flat mate, size zero, gutted!)

if my in-laws kick off about this again this year, well, they can F right off the ungrateful sods

grrrr
  • TheDonkTheDonk Posts: 1,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really sorry to those people who are hacked off with all things Christmassy :o:D

That's ok, I feel really really sorry for all those who have so little going on in their lives that they have to start rattling on about christmas when we are only half way through november.:)
  • 555555 Posts: 4,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hankies.
    Socks.
    Slippers.
    Bath Salts.
    Lynx Gift Pack.
    £10 Smiths Voucher.

:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    choccies
    make up
    money
    perfume
    shower gel shaped wine bottle ( I like it lol)
    candle holders
    sweets
    saving tins ( Got one for a work mate..lol)
    fizzy bomb soaps / body spray
  • Skip_TechSkip_Tech Posts: 2,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    555 wrote: »
    Hankies.
    Socks.
    Slippers.
    Bath Salts.
    Lynx Gift Pack.
    £10 Smiths Voucher.

:)

that is the list not to get :D
  • d0lphind0lphin Posts: 25,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have found this website to have some good original ideas:
    http://www.thepresentfinder.co.uk/

I am still struggling for my son though as he'll be 18 as well and need ideas for stocking filelrs if anyone can help. He liked footie but we have exhausted all the footie presents over the years! Any ideas would really be appreciated....:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TheDonk wrote: »
    That's ok, I feel really really sorry for all those who have so little going on in their lives that they have to start rattling on about christmas when we are only half way through november.:)

To be fair, I have more than enough fulfilment in my life thanks, I just enjoy doing the shopping first so I can relax and enjoy December for baking, decorations and making the most of it for my two little boys. I hope you don't mind.
  • Double DeckerDouble Decker Posts: 243
    Forum Member
    Perfume
    DVDs
    Cashmere jumper
    Cashmere scarf
    Cashmere hot water bottle cover
    Recent cookbooks - Jame Oliver or Nigella (with a food gift)
    Champagne
    Baileys
    Whiskey
    Leather gloves
    Ticekts to show/sports event
  • Constant PMTConstant PMT Posts: 3,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I thought perhaps we could have a thread where we share ideas of what we are getting and for who, it might provide some inspiration for others.

So far I have got my best friend and her finance a giant multi picture photo frame, they are forever taking pictures but don't have many on display.

One of the little presents I am getting for my Dad is a chilli plant, its from Sainsburys and is in a small silver bucket.

Merry Christmas

:D:)

I need ideas or my dad & his wife. They are the only problem for me. 2 people in their 60's that aren't poor & have everything they want!?
    Any advice gratefully received...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ooo I also am going to buy a magazine subscription for my Gran too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TheDonk wrote: »

What a ridiculous post. Some people aren't so flush with money that they can wait until the 24th december to buy presents, let alone the fact they might be visiting those people in early december & handing their present over then.
    Nothing to do with having so little going on in their lives!

p.s there is a clue in the title about what the threads about, do like the rest of us, & dont venture into a thread if you're a mardy get & the topic riles you :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I need ideas or my dad & his wife. They are the only problem for me. 2 people in their 60's that aren't poor & have everything they want!?
    Any advice gratefully received...

Do you have a budget? Maybe an "experience" gift like hot air balloon ride? Or wine tasting?
  • Double DeckerDouble Decker Posts: 243
    Forum Member
    For stocking fillers. try Hawkins Bazaar. Cheap and cheerful and some unusual things too. www.hawkin.com
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you have a budget? Maybe an "experience" gift like hot air balloon ride? Or wine tasting?

I dont think they would go for the hot air balloon thing, but maybe wine tesing. Not sure though, my dad is more a bacardi or lager bloke?
  • twassingtontwassington Posts: 163,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's true most peeps struggle with finance this time of year Mr Donk. Therefore it does make sense to try and start spreading the cost, plus I am seeing my son on Monday and won't again til after Christmas so I have got him a remote control tarantula [he's 27 and will love it!] and his fiancee a black velvet jewellery box all covered with bugle beads from M&S :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For stocking fillers. try Hawkins Bazaar. Cheap and cheerful and some unusual things too. www.hawkin.com

I love that site, I bouht stockng fillers for the kids last year & this year from there. They arrived within 2 days! I spent 40 quid on there this year & have about 8 or 9 things each for them to open. Quality site.
  • Mrs de WinterMrs de Winter Posts: 2,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair, I have more than enough fulfilment in my life thanks, I just enjoy doing the shopping first so I can relax and enjoy December for baking, decorations and making the most of it for my two little boys. I hope you don't mind.

I'm the same. I can't cope with the pressure of having to buy presents really close to christmas. I get too panicked and can never make any decisions!

I've bought most of the presents I need to. Only have my dad and one of my brothers to buy for... my brother's a difficult one to buy for, but I know vaguely what I'm getting my dad (just have to find the right bottle of wine for his cellar!).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's true most peeps struggle with finance this time of year Mr Donk. Therefore it does make sense to try and start spreading the cost, plus I am seeing my son on Monday and won't again til after Christmas so I have got him a remote control tarantula [he's 27 and will love it!] and his fiancee a black velvet jewellery box all covered with bugle beads from M&S :)

Did you get the remote control, tarantula off Hawkins bazarre? I saw one on there lol