Options

Kendra Made the Others Go Hungry So She could have her Big Tv Moment

jj2jj2 Posts: 4,135
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Kendra was faking it in the other trials and letting her campmates starve just to keep the cameras on her and have her big tv moment when she got all ten stars . Its nothing new she just copied it from Helen Flanagan

Comments

• Options
    SpyInsiderSpyInsider Posts: 502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jj2 wrote: »
    Kendra was faking it in the other trials and letting her campmates starve just to keep the cameras on her and have her big tv moment when she got all ten stars . Its nothing new she just copied it from Helen Flanagan

I'm not sure she was putting it all on. But 2-3 stars then shoots up to 10? Something fishy is going on.
  • Options
    Daisy450Daisy450 Posts: 357
    Forum Member
    Think you are right!
    She will know how the show works. Act all pathetic and you will be voted to do the tasks repeatedly. This means much more exposure than everyone else
    Seems odd that she embraced the first task with tons of enthusiasm but then went into a decline and made the camp starve?
    As it is her "Job" to be a reality TV star then she will have been coached by her management team.
    Obviously now that the camp have been well fed, thanks to Kendra, she will know the public will think she is a great sport (phew, just in time before the camp evictions!) and they will start to see her in a new light.
    Sorry Kendra, I'm not buying it. Don't think she is genuine or being her true self in the jungle.
  • Options
    timebugtimebug Posts: 18,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Her ten star victory only involved some insects and a
    couple of tubs of gunge. No rats to deal with,no snakes
    and no really nasty surprises. Anyone with a head for
    heights could have done that one it was childs play!
  • Options
    CranfieldCranfield Posts: 415
    Forum Member
    I don't think it was a strategy, I think the Producers made that trial much easier for her.
    She had lots more time, the stars were easy to find, the critters seemed to be only cockroaches (and not that many) and she could use her hands to gets the stars.

Whether this was done to ensure the camp got some food, or to stop the public continually voting for her I don't have an opinion.

In the later men-v-women trial she seemed to quickly wimp out of holding the buckets up.
  • Options
    jj2jj2 Posts: 4,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She climbed down that rope ladder no bother thats what sealed it for me , the day before she was taking forever to put her head through a paper picture to even see what was on the other side , yesterday she hardly remarked on the height she was above the ground before climbing down the ladder
  • Options
    BelaBela Posts: 2,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daisy450 wrote: »
    Think you are right!
    She will know how the show works. Act all pathetic and you will be voted to do the tasks repeatedly. This means much more exposure than everyone else
    Seems odd that she embraced the first task with tons of enthusiasm but then went into a decline and made the camp starve?
    As it is her "Job" to be a reality TV star then she will have been coached by her management team.
    Obviously now that the camp have been well fed, thanks to Kendra, she will know the public will think she is a great sport (phew, just in time before the camp evictions!) and they will start to see her in a new light.
    Sorry Kendra, I'm not buying it. Don't think she is genuine or being her true self in the jungle.

Oh I think she is being her true self in there. I do think that's the real Kendra - a product of RTV, needy, attention-seeking, expecting praise and acceptance for just being herself. And extremely self-involved. I haven't seen her ask any of the others a single question about themselves yet she loves nothing more than taking centre stage to talk about herself.

But I don't think her fear was/is faked, as such - just that she's not a team player. Oh she talks the 'team' talk alright but the evidence is that she has one of those 'why should I put myself through this awful thing?' attitudes when it's a really unpleasant task, as the cocktailshaker and the art gallery tasks were. When asked by Ant & Dec if she's worried about going back to camp with no/1/2 stars, she never shows the slightest hint of remorse/guilt. Kendra is Team Kendra. And for all her teary-eyed 'sharing', she comes across as strangely cold and unemotional.

The most recent task wasn't unpleasant, it was a doddle, relatively speaking, so there's no mystery why she came away with 10 stars.
  • Options
    sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,015
    Forum Member
    timebug wrote: »

This is what I think. This task was far easier than the others she'd been faced with. I thought the picture thing was very tricky actually - for a start she's fairly tiny and seemed to be really struggling just to reach the stars (they could have given her a box to stand on). I thought that task too (the art one) was FAR worse than Jake's live trial.

I don't blame her at all for cancelling her first solo task after one star either!
  • Options
    lightdragonlightdragon Posts: 19,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was cynical about the sudden jump from one or two stars to ten, but I did think the trial was the easiest so far, even if you dislike heights I don't think it was that bad until the rope bit, and then you're on an adrenaline rush so it may be possible.

The part that sent me over the edge though was her immediate thought about not telling them and getting sympathy then her glory moment later. Was it a set up from the start? I don't think so, given that she falls into the category of never being able to stop anything she thinks coming out her mouth, I don't think she'd be able to keep it to herself that it was planned. ;-)
  • Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The really good thing about DS, is that you can come on here and find that your view is shared by others. :)

Kendra is a total steely RTV **** who will do or say anything in order to be in front of the cameras and gain attention.

I disliked Kendra before but now totally detest her and her manipulative, camera hogging ways. >:(

Hope she's first to go.......not to The Versace but to the plane home.
  • Options
    duckyluckyduckylucky Posts: 13,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Absolutley agree . This is one very clued in Madam
  • Options
    samcains90samcains90 Posts: 4,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is what I think. This task was far easier than the others she'd been faced with. I thought the picture thing was very tricky actually - for a start she's fairly tiny and seemed to be really struggling just to reach the stars (they could have given her a box to stand on). I thought that task too (the art one) was FAR worse than Jake's live trial.

I don't blame her at all for cancelling her first solo task after one star either!

She was struggling to reach them because she refused to stick her head in there properly not because she was too short.
  • Options
    Bedlam_maidBedlam_maid Posts: 5,922
    Forum Member
    jj2 wrote: »
    She climbed down that rope ladder no bother thats what sealed it for me , the day before she was taking forever to put her head through a paper picture to even see what was on the other side , yesterday she hardly remarked on the height she was above the ground before climbing down the ladder

To be fair, I would have struggled with putting my head through a picture into gawd knows what but I could have completed that last task. Not that I'm a Kendra fan at all, but I think the trial was somewhat easier if you're not scared of heights.
  • Options
    johnanjohnan Posts: 3,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If the OP is true, then she deserves to win this for playing an absolutely brilliant game.

What a star.

Oscar material right there, her future as an actress is assured.
  • Options
    MACTOWINMACTOWIN Posts: 34,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder what time of day Kendra goes to the edit suite to edit the show in her favour and phones for herself to get the trials, perhaps she has employed a call centre.
  • Options
    TominxsterTominxster Posts: 1,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its not like that at all. The last task was easy. I wonder if they actually toned it down so that she did have a chance at succeeding therefore hoping that the public wouldn't vote her again.
    Throw in on IACGMOOHN how its fake and the job is done.
    They wouldn't want to admit they made it easy. It was obvious it was easy though which wasn't even mentioned on either show.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 185
    Forum Member
    Strange then that Vicky is the favourite to go first. I don't get that, does anyone else?
  • Options
    CallousCallous Posts: 11,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nah.. It was just a much easier trial for someone with phobias plus it had no individual star time limit.

The trial the day before was ultra hard. Stars wound on way too far, restrictive time limit per star, only being able to use her mouth etc. If not for the restrictive time limit for each individual painting in the gallery ...she would have got 5 or so then.

This trial was the one she had the most control over. She could avoid the bugs by letting them fall, could tell what they were without having to get too infested, wasn't restricted in her movement, could see what was happening as it was well lit and just had one single time limit.

I doubt she'll do as well tonight if she's the one going through the tubes... as there she'll be restricted in her movement, confined in the same small area and will have to face the creatures head on.
  • Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kev3010 wrote: »
    Strange then that Vicky is the favourite to go first. I don't get that, does anyone else?

She's barely had any screen time, sadly.

Middle aged women are often first out in these things, despite what the bikini babe White Knights of DS say.
  • Options
    sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,015
    Forum Member
    Callous wrote: »
    Nah.. It was just a much easier trial for someone with phobias plus it had no individual star time limit.

The trial the day before was ultra hard. Stars wound on way too far, restrictive time limit per star, only being able to use her mouth etc. If not for the restrictive time limit for each individual painting in the gallery ...she would have got 5 or so then.

I agree with that she was milliseconds away from getting a couple of each individual star - but was timed out. Had they not restricted it to 'so many minutes' per star - I'm sure she would have got five maybe even six.

For anyone accusing her of being a reality 'expert' - so what - there are a few others in there who know how the game works (even if its only through watching every one of these shows prior) Jimmy and Jake for a start.

She does get on my nerves a bit - but I still wouldn't have any objection to Kendra being there for the last four or five (I don't think I'd want her to win - I want Carl to win even though that seems highly unlikely).
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SpyInsider wrote: »
    I'm not sure she was putting it all on. But 2-3 stars then shoots up to 10? Something fishy is going on.

Well I put it down to the last task in the balloon hut being considerably easier.
    They may have even made sure that the task was easier for her because the show itself is probably sick of her being voted for all the tasks.

I want to see Vicki, Michael and Tinchy get tasks. But it seems like there's no chance of that happening any time soon.
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cavalli wrote: »
    She's barely had any screen time, sadly.

Middle aged women are often first out in these things, despite what the bikini babe White Knights of DS say.

I think you're right. They seem to get edited out of the programme unless they're known for being a firebrand character.
  • Options
    ReservedReserved Posts: 12,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be fair, I would have struggled with putting my head through a picture into gawd knows what but I could have completed that last task. Not that I'm a Kendra fan at all, but I think the trial was somewhat easier if you're not scared of heights.

I agree. It's easy to sit here and shout "get on with it, you mard git!" to the celebrities, but if I asked myself, "would I just 'get on with it'?" the answer is no to most of the trials.

Last night, however, was easy and it's one I'm confident in saying I would've been able to do it. I'm scared of heights, so it's difficult to say whether I would've done the ladder bit or not, but the seven stars in the house were easy to win - much easier than any of her previous trials, so I don't think it was part of any plan she had.

Still dislike her, though.
  • Options
    PinkStar80PinkStar80 Posts: 549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kendra knows exactly what she's doing, the tears, tantrums and drama are key in RTV and she knows it
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kev3010 wrote: »

Yes, it's the difference between voting to evict someone and voting to save them. If it was vote to evict, and done straight, Kendra would surely be the first one out; no one else is a tenth as annoying. But on a vote to save, she should be safe for a few evictions; the people who like her really like her, and will vote lots of times.

Vicky is in a hopeless position in a vote to save. Being quietly pleasant gets you nowhere: you have to be controversial or young-and-gorgeous or something that will inspire people with the fervour to pick up the phone.
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    timebug wrote: »

Exactly. It was simply an easy trial.