[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,249
Forum Member
✭✭✭

Comments

• Options
    boab34boab34 Posts: 1,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if Josie is replacing Emily Swallow/Kim Fischer ...

+ they started filming last week ;-)
  • Options
    boab34boab34 Posts: 1,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    my suspicions about one of the actors not returning for s7 may be right after all ;-)
  • Options
    marieukxxmarieukxx Posts: 4,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Supposed to be only 12 episodes or something like that and it's the last season
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    marieukxx wrote: »
    Supposed to be only 12 episodes or something like that and it's the last season

Yup, it's 13 episodes. They started filming at the end of July and Tim Kang said on Twitter that they've already started filming episode 5. Apparently Simon Baker's directing that episode.
  • Options
    xander63xander63 Posts: 669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    boab34 wrote: »
    my suspicions about one of the actors not returning for s7 may be right after all ;-)

No great loss, she added nothing apart from the first episode to lure Jane in.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Red John wrote: »

Great news, loved her character and will be interesting now that Jane & Lisbon are couple, as their was something between them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's airing in the US on November 30th. I can't find a UK date yet.

Also check this out: http://s14.postimg.org/uo8x2fzy9/Red_John_T7.jpg Is he back? :D
  • Options
    Oscar_Oscar_ Posts: 3,191
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well if it is to be only 13 episodes hopefully this will mean that all of them will be top-notch.
    The reboot was fairly interesting but the Kim character hasn't really worked for me and there were some mediocre filler episodes in season 6 with very predictable storylines. I didn't like the new version of the theme tune either.

Maybe a shorter and snappier season will generate a hunger for another, but it may be time to knock it on the head now and if so then I predict that the final scene of the final episode will be:-
    A dark shadowy figure with his back to us stands over the 2 dead bodies of Lisbon and Jane. Using their blood he reaches up and paints the familiar smiley face onto the whitewashed wall above them. He turns around and we see that it is that ghoul Brett Partridge. Fade to black.
  • Options
    Pandora.Pandora. Posts: 21,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A low quality teaser trailer for season 7 (well, the first few episodes at least).

A sneak peek from the premiere.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Mentalist Season Premiere. Thursday at 10pm ET on CTV

The seventh and final season begins Thursday, Nov. 27.

http://www.ctv.ca/TheMentalist.aspx

This is great news!
  • Options
    MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it starts back on Ch5 in January 2015.

Creator Bruno Heller has gone on record and said that it could come back for an 8th season if it gets shopped to another network but that it would be upto Simon Baker if he wants to continue.
    Heller also said there will be no big death and no one dies this season.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/news/a612201/the-mentalist-could-continue-for-eighth-season-says-bruno-heller.html#~oWLwQBSviaDiP6
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Got the Season 7 premiere of The Mentalist! Nothing But Blue Skies indeed. :D

Yay!
  • Options
    asyousayasyousay Posts: 38,838
    Forum Member
    Loved the new episode . Jane is so happy now :)
  • Options
    nathanbrazilnathanbrazil Posts: 8,863
    Forum Member
    It's airing in the US on November 30th. I can't find a UK date yet.

Looks like it's off to a pretty good start. Handling the romantic relationship between Jane and Lisbon was always going to be tricky, but it's begun well. The newbie, also, is at least as good as the one who departed. Possibly better, as she has a more interesting back story. If things keep going like this, then The Mentalist should be able to finish with a flourish, and not fall into the trap that Dexter did.
  • Options
    nathanbrazilnathanbrazil Posts: 8,863
    Forum Member
    Oscar_ wrote: »
    ... I predict that the final scene of the final episode will be...

A dark way to end though compelling TV. However, I'd prefer it if it was a little different. Thus allowing a final revenge season.
    A dark shadowy figure with his back to us stands over the 2 dead bodies of Van Pelt and Rigsby. Using their blood he reaches up and paints the familiar smiley face onto the whitewashed wall above them. He turns around and we see that it is Michael Kirkland. Fade to black.
  • Options
    munkyfellovermunkyfellover Posts: 2,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lovely first episode, actually shed a tear at the end.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Greybar Hotel was enjoyable, would be nice if we see Rigsby and Van Pelt one last time before series end though.

You can't touch the original cast for natural chemistry and humour, they brought some much of what made the show great.

Cho has not been as effective as a character since Rigsby left the show, miss their back and forth banter. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just managed to catch up. Praise be to Hola Unblocker :D

So far it's not bad. Vega seems like a promising character. Possible love interest for Cho?

I'm wondering what the overall story arc is going to be for the season though. Red John is dead (or is he?) and his presence is part of what drove the show. Now he's gone, and the Blake Association is apparently no more, it all seems a bit... I dunno... nice?

Edit: doesn't look like Red John is still around: http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/11/24/the-mentalist-final-season/

"Will any element from the Red John storyline resurface or is that completely put to bed?
    It’s put to bed. I don’t want anybody to think we didn’t get the right guy and he’s still running around—because he ain’t. There are story elements that resonate with that story, because something as traumatic as that is never going to leave you alone the rest of your life, but Red John does not come back in that way."

:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How great was that, Jane, Lisbon and Flynn equals fireworks!

Loved it, how I'm going to miss this show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good episode :D Loved seeing Erika Flynn again, definitely one of the best characters in the show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haven't managed to catch up with the latest episodes yet. I've got visitors today, when they've gone I'll sit down to a Mentalist double bill.

Doesn't seem to be much interest in this :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haven't managed to catch up with the latest episodes yet. I've got visitors today, when they've gone I'll sit down to a Mentalist double bill.

Doesn't seem to be much interest in this :(

There hasn't been much interest as you say, maybe it's an indicator the show is right to end now!

It hasn't been the same since cast regulars left and they relocated, that dynamic has gone! Cho needed Risgby to bounce off, now Cho has hardly figured.

Still like the show, but looks like they're right to end it.
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm watching it out of habit but it isn't very exciting to watch lately. It just seems to be going through the motions.

It should be about Jane and the way he solves the cases but lately it has been too much about the new team, and even the new agent.

Jane needs to be more in the forefront and doing more off the book cons.
  • Options
    MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For Ch5 viewers The Mentalist season 7 will be on screens early 2015. I'm guessing possibly late Jan/early Feb.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just managed to catch up with 'Black Market' and 'The Silver Briefcase'. Good to see Abbott get a storyline. Vega's pathetic need for approval from Cho was getting tiresome but that seems to be clearing itself up now.

I'm beginning to wonder why they bothered making this series at all. The shows have have been okay, but without the threat of a mysterious bad guy or the Blake Association it all feels rather inconsequential. They took the wrong route. Instead of easing off and making it all 'nice', they should have stepped up a gear and went out with a bang.

It's not bad, but from what I've seen so far I'm not going to bother buying this season's DVD.